FP+ reservations with Split Stay

brittong

Original Poster
I'm doing a split stay in May (AofA and POR), which I've never done. I booked both reservations as room-only and purchased 6-day tix separately. All 3 reservations (2 resort, 1 tix) are linked to MDE. I'm slightly apprehensive about the whole FP+ at 60 day thing, just because I've never done that before either (my last trip was 2 years ago). I'm assuming my 60 days starts from 60 days prior to check in at the first resort, and even though that reservation is only for 5 nights, I will be able to book all of my park days continuously through my trip (even though my 5th and 6th park days spill over to my second resort stay).
I understand I will be getting 2 sets of magic bands that I can link to MDE so they both work at both resorts. I'm just nervous about there being some hiccup with the FP+ reservations. Any tips?

sjhym333

I don't think you have any problems. What I believe will happen is that your first reservation will open its 60 day window first and then 2nd will follow when it hits 60 days since the system sees them as 2 separate events.

The best advice I can give is after you make your FP reservations you will want to take a screen shot of it as well as check it on your MDE app to make sure your FP's show up there. Keep the screen shot in case you have any problems once you get there

dreamfinder

You should be able to make as many FP+ bookings as your first reservation and tickets allow. So if your first booking covers 6 days, and you have a 6 day ticket you can make FP+ reservations for all 6 of those days. But if you want to make a booking for a day during your second reservation, I think you would need to wait until the second 60 day windows opens. The FP+ window is tied to your reservation, and as @sjhym333 said, the system seems them as 2 separate bookings. So if your park days are all during your first hotel, not a problem. If you were going to do more park days during the second hotel, then those FP+ bookings may need to wait until that 60 day window.

sissa216

I just did a split stay in December, and it's true that you'll need to wait until second booking window opens at the second resort to make FastPasses for those days. It would be nice if they changed this, as it seems to penalize someone who is doing a split stay, but that's how it is for now.

sjhym333

My personal opinion is that people seem to panic about the 60 day window. Except for the Frozen meet and greet there is really no reason to be up at midnight making FP reservations unless we are talking a trip over a major holiday.

I am local so my FP selections tend to be the day of or the day before. Last week on the day before a trip to the MK my 3 selections were: 7DMT, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Peter Pan. I have often got 7DMT the morning of a short trip out to the parks.

Flippin'Flounder

My personal opinion is that people seem to panic about the 60 day window. Except for the Frozen meet and greet there is really no reason to be up at midnight making FP reservations unless we are talking a trip over a major holiday.

I am local so my FP selections tend to be the day of or the day before. Last week on the day before a trip to the MK my 3 selections were: 7DMT, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Peter Pan. I have often got 7DMT the morning of a short trip out to the parks.
I went to the Magic Kingdom February 16 and was not able to get 7 DMT FP and I got them 24 days in advance

sjhym333

I went to the Magic Kingdom February 16 and was not able to get 7 DMT FP and I got them 24 days in advance

I am not saying that doesn't happen but as someone who goes to the parks often and usually books FP's less than 24 hours out my experience has been that except for the Frozen Meet and Greet I have often gotten FP's for even the most popular attraction. I checked earlier today for tomorrow and could get everything at EPCOT and the AK and even Toy Story at the Studio. 7dMT and the Frozen Meet and Greet were full but my experience is that about 75% of the time I can usually pick up 7dMT the day of. Two weeks ago I made my pick of 3 and couldn't get 7dMT but just before I left the house I was able to change one for 7dMT. FP's are very fluid. I stand by my original post which is there is no reason to panic and stay up till midnight or 1am to do FP's.

Rob562

The 16th was a holiday, and part of school vacation week for some northern states. It's not surprising that FP+ for that was gone.

And I agree with the other poster that the frenzy over the 60-day window isn't needed unless you're looking for those one or two hard-to-get FP+ choices.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I can confirm that you will be able to book 6 days of FP+ starting 60 days before your FIRST check-in date. All the system cares is that you are staying in a Disney resort on the day you want to first book FP+, and that you also have a ticket that's valid that day. From that point forward, it's determined by the length of your ticket, and not by now many hotel-nights you stay.

We experienced this scenario, and then some, in March 2014. Worked just fine, and our 3 Magic Bands (each) worked for all 3 rooms, tickets and FP, flawlessly.

sissa216

That's good to hear. It didn't work for us in November/December. I had one night with 7 days of ticket attached, followed by a 3 night cruise, and then returning for a 6 night room-only (using the tickets attached to the first night).

I tried every day starting at 60 days from the first WDW reservation, but FPs for part 2 didn't open up until the 60 day mark of that reservation.

But I was having quite a bit of trouble with my personal MDE account (I had 2 other sets of tickets and another reservation a few weeks before the split stay, and was on the phone with tech support almost daily trying to fix the glitches in my account. At one point I couldn't select FPs for any of my reservations).

So I'm glad to hear that my experience isn't the official policy.

sjhym333

Yesterday I mentioned that I had looked at FP's for today and the only attractions not available for today were the Frozen Meet and Greet and 7DMT. This morning I checked and I could get 3 different times for 7DMT for today. The Frozen Meet and Greet was still not available and I have never seen it available at the last minute (though others on here have said they have gotten them at the last minute).

Tom

Beta Return
That's good to hear. It didn't work for us in November/December. I had one night with 7 days of ticket attached, followed by a 3 night cruise, and then returning for a 6 night room-only (using the tickets attached to the first night).

I tried every day starting at 60 days from the first WDW reservation, but FPs for part 2 didn't open up until the 60 day mark of that reservation.

But I was having quite a bit of trouble with my personal MDE account (I had 2 other sets of tickets and another reservation a few weeks before the split stay, and was on the phone with tech support almost daily trying to fix the glitches in my account. At one point I couldn't select FPs for any of my reservations).

So I'm glad to hear that my experience isn't the official policy.

Hmmm....you say the 1 night had "tickets attached". I assume you mean you booked that night as a package, right? Maybe it treats it differently if the tickets are part of a MYW package. Our tickets were standalone, and just linked to our MDE account, along with our various rooms.

Also, our two stays were back to back. We did have 1 night before the cruise, but didn't have tickets for that night, and thus didn't start booking FP until the first day after the cruise.

sissa216

Hmmm....you say the 1 night had "tickets attached". I assume you mean you booked that night as a package, right? Maybe it treats it differently if the tickets are part of a MYW package. Our tickets were standalone, and just linked to our MDE account, along with our various rooms.

Also, our two stays were back to back. We did have 1 night before the cruise, but didn't have tickets for that night, and thus didn't start booking FP until the first day after the cruise.

I think that must be the difference. Yes, my first night was a package of one night at the resort, plus tickets to cover both resort stays. And the second stay was a room only.

So because the system only recognized one night, it only allowed me to make FastPasses for the two days associated with that night, even though I had 7 days of tickets.

Maybe if the reservations are consecutive it makes a difference as well. I had the gap between stays because of the cruise.

CJLove79

I'm doing a split stay in May (AofA and POR), which I've never done. I booked both reservations as room-only and purchased 6-day tix separately. All 3 reservations (2 resort, 1 tix) are linked to MDE. I'm slightly apprehensive about the whole FP+ at 60 day thing, just because I've never done that before either (my last trip was 2 years ago). I'm assuming my 60 days starts from 60 days prior to check in at the first resort, and even though that reservation is only for 5 nights, I will be able to book all of my park days continuously through my trip (even though my 5th and 6th park days spill over to my second resort stay).
I understand I will be getting 2 sets of magic bands that I can link to MDE so they both work at both resorts. I'm just nervous about there being some hiccup with the FP+ reservations. Any tips?

I have a split stay reservations fo October of this year and asked a Cast Member over the phone how the FastPasses will work. She said its simple than it seems, she said that Disney considers every reservation as its own entity. So for the first reservation, you'll need to make your FP+ selections 60 days from check in. Then you will have to wait a little longer & make your FP+ selections 60 days from check in date with the second one reservation. I haven't tried it yet since I won't be able to till around August but that's what I was told.

brittong

Original Poster
I have a split stay reservations fo October of this year and asked a Cast Member over the phone how the FastPasses will work. She said its simple than it seems, she said that Disney considers every reservation as its own entity. So for the first reservation, you'll need to make your FP+ selections 60 days from check in. Then you will have to wait a little longer & make your FP+ selections 60 days from check in date with the second one reservation. I haven't tried it yet since I won't be able to till around August but that's what I was told.
Just FYI, I made my FP+ last night at midnight. No problems at all. It allowed me to do every day over the length of both resort stays (5 nights at Art, 2 at POR, with 6-day tickets). It was super simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom