FP+ questions

EJS84

Hello! I'm heading to Disney in early May and am starting now to look over attractions we will FP+ for (I am staying on property)

It will be myself, husband, son who is 5 so he has a ticket, our almost 3yr old daughter and 9 month old daughter. Now I know my 2yr old cannot go on all of the same rides as my 5yr old, but I am confused how to schedule FP+'s because everyone needs 3 per park per day, right?

Here are the some examples of things I am aiming to get FP+ for at MK:

Meet A&E
Buzz
Seven Drawfs Mine
Enchanted Tales with Bell
Big Thunder
Meet Cinderella & Rapunzel

So there are 6 there, 3 for each day, but the part I'm getting confused on is I would only be booking FP+ for Seven Drawfs for my Husband and 5yr old, and the same for Big Thunder, and myself and 5yr for Buzz, but then what if my husband wants a FP+ for buzz to ride with my daughter (3) - should we just do a rider switch?

Basically my 5yr old will have all 6 selections because his doing everything, but myself and husband will not have 6 since we are switching back and forth to go on rides with the 5yr old.

I guess I am confused on how to make selections based on 2 parents riding different rides with our 5 yr old and 2 yr old - it is not coming out even when I do it. Since we cannot all ride things together I'm confused how to keep it at 3 a day because someone will come up short between my husband and I, right? Should I just pick an extra FP+ for myself or husband without my 5 yr old and then go on with our 2yr old?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, as you can guess, this will be our first trip :)

Last edited:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Hello! I'm heading to Disney in early May and am starting now to look over attractions we will FP+ for (I am staying on property)

Sorry if this sounds confusing, as you can guess, this will be our first trip :)

Not confusing at all and I will simply tell you what I would do given that situation!

First question that I would ask myself is - does 5yr old son want to meet A&E or Cindy and Rapunzel?

If he does...all get FP+ for A&E, Buzz, Belle, and Cindy. One parent gets FP+ for a couple other attractions (Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Dumbo??) to do with the girls and the other parent and son get FP+ for Big Thunder and Seven Dwarves. If he does not like the princesses, then I would only do Buzz and Belle for all 3 and split up the rest even more. There is nothing more painful than waiting for and meeting princesses with a little boy who does NOT want to be there (however, I know many a little boy who likes to meet the princesses!).

When we have travelled with multiple young people with different tastes and different age appropriateness, we often divided and conquered. As you start planning your days, make sure to get your FP+ to fit in with your plans. For example, I would definitely be planning to spend the early morning (extra magic hours if you can) in Fantasyland, where you will be able to do a lot of those attractions with little wait (Peter Pan will have a long line pretty early in the day) and you can time your Seven Dwarves and Princess meets to fit in with other attractions you are doing without FP+.

Have a great trip and feel free to private message me if you want other thoughts!

Upvote 0

EJS84

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply!! My son actually would want to meet the princesses, LOL. So I figured he would do all the FP+ that I am trying to get.

I didn't clarify in my post, but my daughter is actually going to be 2 - almost 3 - so she does not have a park ticket. So my main focus is scheduling FP+ for myself, husband and son.

Unfortunately when we are going to MK there are no magic hours, but we do plan on getting there before rope drop each day. I actually have another thread going on how to tour MK in 2 days - you sound like you know your stuff so maybe I will message you and as you about my touring plans if that's ok? I just want to do as much planning as I can so we don't show up completely unprepared and become overwhelmed (which I'm sure we will be overwhelmed still, even with planning!) And of course, I know we can plan plan plan, and sometimes things don't work out, but I still want a general idea of what to do!

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We are also going in May! At time of travel my kids are 6 1/2, almost 4, and then an 8 month old, and my 15 year old sister. What I was going to do was the rides with height requirements, only schedule half the party for that attraction. The other People in the group that don't have a FP will use the baby swap passes.

I was going to do this at MK.
Big thunder, space mountain, Peter Pan flight, mine train, and splash mountain.

Utilizing the baby swap to its full advantage will help in all the parks. You can get both test track and Soarin in Epcot. You can get both rockin roller coaster and TOT in DHS, and yo can get dinosaur, Everest, primeval whirl, and Kali river Rapids at AK!

Upvote 0

EJS84

Original Poster
Ok - so does this make sense?

Day 1:

Mom:
1.Meet A&E
2. Enchanted Tales
3. Meet Cinderella

Dad:
1.Meet A&E
2. Enchanted Tales
3. Meet Cinderella

Son:
1. Meet A&E
2. Enchanted Tales
3. Meet Cinderella

Day 2:

Mom:
1.Buzz (will take 2 yr old at another time after husband and son go so hubby will stay with baby and son)
2. ?
3. ?

Dad:
1. Buzz
2. Seven Drawfs
3. Big Thunder

Son:
1. Buzz
2. Seven Drawfs
3. Big Thunder

So on day #2 where I have 2 open FP, should I just book something that I can take my 2yr old on?

If I schedule a FP+ for Peter Pan and take my 2yr old, can I use Rider Switch to then take my 5yr old son later? Will they allow a rider switch for a bigger kid to go on later? We will have our baby too so I'm hoping they would let me do that so that way I can still get my son to go on Peter Pan without a long wait (or to ride again as I'm sure he will love it)

Then I will hopefully plan to rider switch for Seven Drawfs so I can go on with my son.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm getting close to the 60 day mark and just trying to understand what I should be doing. I really appreciate all of you for answering!!

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

We have used Rider Swap several times and in our experience it is only for those rides that have height requirements. I believe it is intended to be used so that each parent can experience the ride as well as any kiddos tall enough. This is what we have done: FP for Big Thunder for me and 2 older kiddos. While we are getting in the FP line all 5 of us walk up and I ask for the Rider Swap so hubby can stay with the kiddo who isn't tall enough to ride. Usually the cast member will want to see the hubby and little one to verify that indeed we are legit. I take older two through FP line while hubby waits with the youngest. Once we are finished hubby and older two jump in FP line using the Rider Swap and I stay with the youngest. The Rider Swap is good for up to 3 people so the older two can ride again without having to use a FP.

If there are no height requirements on the attraction then ANYONE can ride, including babies. You can all experience Buzz, Peter Pan, etc together.

In my experience I have never seen Rider Swap with attractions that do not have height requirements.

I know that just added more problems to your situation. BUT....you can get a rider swap for 7DMT and BTM and your son can ride again with you after he has ridden with your hubby.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Thank you for your reply!! My son actually would want to meet the princesses, LOL. So I figured he would do all the FP+ that I am trying to get.

I actually have another thread going on how to tour MK in 2 days - you sound like you know your stuff so maybe I will message you and as you about my touring plans if that's ok? I just want to do as much planning as I can so we don't show up completely unprepared and become overwhelmed (which I'm sure we will be overwhelmed still, even with planning!) And of course, I know we can plan plan plan, and sometimes things don't work out, but I still want a general idea of what to do!

Message away! Besides our own multiple trips, we have helped plan for quite a few friends. Just love to plan.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom