FP+ & Magic Band newbies

LMSB

Hubs & I are heading down Oct 26 - Nov 2 for a late honeymoon (we got married in May) I'm in charge of the itinerary and would like some general info regarding FP+ & MagicBand.. hubs last visit was in 2001, mine in 2007 so both of these things are new to us. Is FP+ different from regular FP or did it replace it altogether? How do we acquire our Magic Bands? Can we book FP+ before our trip or do we have to do it on site? Any information is appreciated-thank you in advance!;)

DisAl

You can get some information at this web page on the Disney World web site:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/fastpass-plus/
The most important difference is that FP is all electronic now, and if you are staying on site you can book your fast passes up to 60 days in advance. You can also make changes on the fly while in the parks with the My Disney Experience app on your phone, and add more FPs once you have used your first ones. Many more details but I will leave that to others.

Upvote 0

RefillableMug

Your Magic Bands will be mailed to you before your trip if you customize them (add your name and pick a color) at least 11 days before your reservation. Otherwise, you can pick them up at your Disney resort upon check-in. FastPass+ is completely different from the old FastPass because you can book your FastPasses in advance online! If you're staying at a Disney resort, you can book your FastPass+ reservations 60 days before your trip within My Disney Experience. You can pick up to 3 attractions per day and can add more Fastpasses once your first 3 expire. You simply place your Magic Band against the touch point and it recognizes your reservations. It's super easy! Your Magic Band takes the place of park tickets and hotel room keys. You can also charge purchases back to your resort. My favorite feature, however, is that sensors can detect your band and display your name and hometown throughout attractions!

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

If the magic band box doesn't fit in my mom's PO Box, will it be left on her front porch or the post office? Can we call Disney and request it be left at the Post office, because her neighborhood's has had lots stolen from the porches lately.
Also, mom's friend has a different address so will their bands be mailed together since they are on the same reservation?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If the magic band box doesn't fit in my mom's PO Box, will it be left on her front porch or the post office? Can we call Disney and request it be left at the Post office, because her neighborhood's has had lots stolen from the porches lately.
Also, mom's friend has a different address so will their bands be mailed together since they are on the same reservation?
If her mailing address is "PO Box #" and it does not fit in the PO Box it will remain at the PO.
All bands on the same reservation are mailed to the primary reservation holder.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

If her mailing address is "PO Box #" and it does not fit in the PO Box it will remain at the PO.
All bands on the same reservation are mailed to the primary reservation holder.

Thanks! What's weird is her mailing address is a street number, they just have this box with 20 different slats for all the houses around where they put the mail. I will call and ask them to make sure they hold it at the PO box.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom