FP+ for Princess Fairytale - they really need to work on this!!

sydneymorganmom

Original Poster
We had FP+ for Rapunzel/Snow White last Monday, 10/21. They were for 1:05-2:05. Got there a few minutes early and Magic Band wouldn't let us in...no big deal. CM said to just wait a few minutes and it would be fine. It was. He said there's about 5 minutes early/late that it will let you in. Now is the bad part. We got in line at 1:03 and didn't move once until 15 later. We got into the hall finally and it was ungodly hot. I don't know if the A/C wasn't working hard enough or if they skimped on it because they figured that FP+ lines move fast. This one certainly did not. Fast forward to 45 minutes later and we finally got in to meet them. The CM recognized us from checking in at the original checkpoint and couldn't believe how long we'd been waiting. He said he doesn't know why the lines have been so long..."I guess the Princesses are taking extra time today." The regular line was 90 minutes so yes it was faster, but I have never waited 45 minutes with a FP. They were very nice but didn't spend any more time with my kids than any other greet. Perhaps they did with others but I didn't see it. We would not have otherwise waited 90 minutes to meet them so I'm glad we had FP but I still will be hesitant to do it again.

docdebbi

That has been my experience this week. Not just rapunzel , for which we waited forty minutes, also in hot room, but most rides. Some are still quick with FP but we waited longer than ever when we had with FP before. Hope this isn't how it will be from now on. Also hope to get more than three per day if standby lines are going to be as crazy as they are now

Last edited:

wogwog

We had FP+ for Rapunzel/Snow White last Monday, 10/21. They were for 1:05-2:05. Got there a few minutes early and Magic Band wouldn't let us in...no big deal. CM said to just wait a few minutes and it would be fine. It was. He said there's about 5 minutes early/late that it will let you in. Now is the bad part. We got in line at 1:03 and didn't move once until 15 later. We got into the hall finally and it was ungodly hot. I don't know if the A/C wasn't working hard enough or if they skimped on it because they figured that FP+ lines move fast. This one certainly did not. Fast forward to 45 minutes later and we finally got in to meet them. The CM recognized us from checking in at the original checkpoint and couldn't believe how long we'd been waiting. He said he doesn't know why the lines have been so long..."I guess the Princesses are taking extra time today." The regular line was 90 minutes so yes it was faster, but I have never waited 45 minutes with a FP. They were very nice but didn't spend any more time with my kids than any other greet. Perhaps they did with others but I didn't see it. We would not have otherwise waited 90 minutes to meet them so I'm glad we had FP but I still will be hesitant to do it again.
I heard about similar long waits in FP for Mickey a few days this week. Today friends said the FP (paper) was not working in the afternoon and the FP cast member said it had not worked all day. She was handing out FP from a handful one by one. The standby wait time was not posted at the TST or the FP distribution. They gave up standing in the FP line after 45 minutes and left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom