FP+ disappear on check out day

MikeTaylorSound

Original Poster
If you plan on going to a park on your check out day (happens a lot), you'll have to go to the Concierge at your hotel to tell them which fast passes you want, because MDE says once the clock strikes 12, you turn into a pumpkin and anything that was attached to your reservation is GONE.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Odd...this didn't happen to us in February. We checked out, went to MK and used our 3 FP+ before returning to the resort to catch DME.

Weather_Lady

Hmm... didn't happen to us either. We checked out on our last day and went to a park for the next 6 hours, with our pre-made FP+ (and dining reservations) intact. Are you sure MDE isn't telling you that the FP+ are gone at 12am (midnight) on the day you check out?

Rob562

FP+ isn't tied to your hotel reservation at all, apart from getting access at 60 days out. It's tied to your park ticket. People who aren't even staying in a Disney resort have access.

Two possibilities/questions: If you've used the last valid admission day on the ticket, you won't have access to make any more FP+ reservations. Or if you're on a longer trip and your ticket without "No Expiration" expires 14 days from first use, you'll lose access for the 15th day, even if there were still admissions left on the ticket.

Or, it's probably a glitch of some sort.

Edit: An additional thought... Is the ticket in question an Annual Pass? AP's are limited to 7 days' worth of active FP+ choices, though I'd heard that if you have a resort reservation it'll allow as many days of FP+ as you have on your reservation, even if it's more than 7. Though even then that should allow FP+ on your checkout day.

-Rob

CaptainShortty

That's a known issues that's been happening since FP+ was rolled out. It won't happen to everyone but as the OP said, if it does happen just go to your resort concierge that morning and they have a way to put them back on for you.

Last edited:

Rob562

That's a known issues that's been happening since FP+ was rolled out. It won't happen to everyone but as the OP said, if it does happen just go to your rear pet concierge that morning and they have a way to put them back on for you.

Interesting. Despite following the roll-out of FP+ closely, this was the first instance I've read of this happening.

-Rob

CaptainShortty

Interesting. Despite following the roll-out of FP+ closely, this was the first instance I've read of this happening.

-Rob

Yeah, I saw it a lot when I was on the MM+ roll-out team at the resorts. It happens less frequently now but we had a point where it was happening to a decent number.

MikeTaylorSound

Original Poster
I was posting in anger; please note the time was 6:45AM and I had 0 hours of sleep (Pop really has thin walls/windows).

Apparently, during the 4AM-7AM system update, this only happens on MDE mobile. I was able to access and update fast passes on my laptop from the room around 7:15AM (while getting the same ridiculous messages on MDE mobile).

Ben_since_1971

I was posting in anger; please note the time was 6:45AM and I had 0 hours of sleep (Pop really has thin walls/windows).

Apparently, during the 4AM-7AM system update, this only happens on MDE mobile. I was able to access and update fast passes on my laptop from the room around 7:15AM (while getting the same ridiculous messages on MDE mobile).

Ah - system updates. Can't live with them, can't live with them. Remind me to tell you about the battle I had with my bank over system updates...............

Anywho, glad it all worked out for you - now get some sleep!!!:p

Tobe

I actually was able to make a FP+ reservation for SM two days after I got home (wishful thinking) - I had days left on my expiring ticket.

I hope you cancelled the reservation after wistfully making it because otherwise you may have taken away someone else's opportunity to get that FP+ slot. I realize that may not have happened if the day was not a busy one but still we should be careful not to chance messing it up for others by making FP+ reservations that we have no way of actually using.

I am curious if Disney is actually patrolling the system at all to see how many FP+ reservations go unused. And if they ever do anything about people who frequently don't use their reservations. Obviously things happen and you may miss one here or there for many reasons. I guess I am thinking it could be more of an issue with AP holders who are close enough to the Parks to get there in a fairly short time and may book some spots on the off-chance that they decide to go to Disney that day.

Not sure why I even bring this up as it is probably not a big enough pool to affect the system all that much. But my mind seems to ponder pointless things now and again.

PolynesianPrincess

I hope you cancelled the reservation after wistfully making it because otherwise you may have taken away someone else's opportunity to get that FP+ slot. I realize that may not have happened if the day was not a busy one but still we should be careful not to chance messing it up for others by making FP+ reservations that we have no way of actually using.

I am curious if Disney is actually patrolling the system at all to see how many FP+ reservations go unused. And if they ever do anything about people who frequently don't use their reservations. Obviously things happen and you may miss one here or there for many reasons. I guess I am thinking it could be more of an issue with AP holders who are close enough to the Parks to get there in a fairly short time and may book some spots on the off-chance that they decide to go to Disney that day.

Not sure why I even bring this up as it is probably not a big enough pool to affect the system all that much. But my mind seems to ponder pointless things now and again.

I doubt they would patrol that sort of thing. It would be the same thing as getting a paper FP and never using it or giving it to another family and just throwing it away. It probably doesn't happen all that often, especially with the ability to change the times now with the MDE app.

Rob562

I doubt they would patrol that sort of thing. It would be the same thing as getting a paper FP and never using it or giving it to another family and just throwing it away. It probably doesn't happen all that often, especially with the ability to change the times now with the MDE app.

At best, I'd say they may keep track of historic trends of how many FP+ go unused and then use that data to "overbook" some FP+ windows in the future.

-Rob

Tobe

I doubt they would patrol that sort of thing. It would be the same thing as getting a paper FP and neiver using it or giving it to another family and just throwing it away. It probably doesn't happen all that often, especially with the ability to change the times now with the MDE app.

I agree its probably not much of a problem. However it is somewhat different than the paper process. You actually had to be there to get the paper fast passes and you could give them to others if you decided not to use them. Now I can choose fast passes from my mobile phone 1200 miles away from the parks. Granted if I cancel them, they could be put back in the potential pool but if not, then they are lost just like paper copies not handed off to others.

Like I said, I don't see a real problem here. I don't think any significant amount of people are douchy enough to purposly reserve fast passes they aren't going to use but I just thought the issue was interesting to think about.

I would be interested to know how the percentage of unused fast passes compares under the new system to the old system. Of course I don't even think disney could compute that as I can't imagine they compared the number of paper fastpasses turned in to the number generated.

Overall we enjoyed using FP+ on our last trip and it will be intersting to see how the system evolves going forward. I like that they are aleady making some tweaks based on user input. That is a good sign.

PolynesianPrincess

I agree its probably not much of a problem. However it is somewhat different than the paper process. You actually had to be there to get the paper fast passes and you could give them to others if you decided not to use them. Now I can choose fast passes from my mobile phone 1200 miles away from the parks. Granted if I cancel them, they could be put back in the potential pool but if not, then they are lost just like paper copies not handed off to others.

Like I said, I don't see a real problem here. I don't think any significant amount of people are douchy enough to purposly reserve fast passes they aren't going to use but I just thought the issue was interesting to think about.

I would be interested to know how the percentage of unused fast passes compares under the new system to the old system. Of course I don't even think disney could compute that as I can't imagine they compared the number of paper fastpasses turned in to the number generated.

Overall we enjoyed using FP+ on our last trip and it will be intersting to see how the system evolves going forward. I like that they are aleady making some tweaks based on user input. That is a good sign.

I know we used to keep our FPs if we weren't going to use them, which was VERY rarely. I know quite a few people who used to actually pull FPs and purposely not use them to keep them for scrapbooks, photo albums, etc.. So I can imagine quite a few FPs went to waste before, especially with the ability to not be able to change them. At least now, if you can't make your 5pm FP, you can check and see if they have anything available earlier or later. I'm sure there is SOME abuse to the system, just as there is with every Disney system (double dining bookings, etc..) but probably not enough to warrant Disney to do anything about it. But now that you mentioned it, I kind of would like to see what those numbers are. Now you've got me curious! :)

PS - LOVE your signature! I saw the fireworks at Disneyland for the first time ever last month and they play Walt's speech during the show. I cried like a baby hearing it! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom