FP, Bands, EMH, Offsite?

escapeartist

Original Poster
Hi all. I have been to disney many times stayed on site and off, and used the old paper FP system. Now I am going w DD, SIL and 3 grandkids age 9-13. We are staying offsite because there are 6 off us and we have booked a large condo close to WDW. We will have hopper tickets for flexibility and want to purchase memory maker. Because I've heard MM connects to Magic bands and because at times our group may split up, I thought it would be good to spend the $13 a person for MB. I just want to make sure I understand how ALL these things link together, it is sooo confusing!
Please correct me if i'm wrong:
If each person has a band it
1) Gets them into park
2) each person waves it at a ride to use their fast pass
3) each person can wave it to a MM photographer to have photos shot and added to the one memory maker we are sharing, including ride photos if we split up?
4) what happens if one loses or forgets their magic band?
5) because we are off site, is there a way to adding $$ to the bands to purchase stuff in parks?
If we arrive at a park before regular close time that is having evening magic hours that night, can we stay and watch fireworks/shows? I know we cant ride, but I read we can't shop or buy snacks either. Is that true, would Disney really say NO to our $$?
Finally, is it possible, after fp have been set for group, for a few people in the group to switch fp while remainder keeps thiers? Is it possible for say a child to fp a ride with their own band, then fp the same ride again by using their siblings band who has decided not to rude that ride? Sorry for all the questions. Please help! Thank you.

Rob562

OK, that's a lot to cover...

Assuming that you've set up the My Disney Experience profiles and linked the tickets and Bands to people, number 1, 2 and 3 are correct.

4) If you forget the Band you can also use the plastic admission ticket. Both the ticket and Band are "pointers" back to your profile in MDE. If you lose a Band and are an off-site Guest, you'd have to buy another. (On-site guests will, as a courtesy, often get one free replacement Band)
Note that a Band is in no way required for anything, especially for off-site Guests. Anything you'd use a Band for as an off-site Guest you can also just tap your park ticket to the reader for the same function.

5) No. Charging via the Band is for on-site Guests only.

EMH: Most fireworks and shows are scheduled at or before closing time anyway, and you're free to view them as it's normal park hours. The only thing I can think of that's often scheduled after closing is a second Fantasmic show is sometimes scheduled 30 minutes after park closing, and you're free to attend that.
If they're just evening EMH, you're free to wander and shop. If it's a hard-ticket event like Halloween or Christmas parties, you'll be ushered toward the exit soon after official park closing time.

FP+, yes you can change individual reservations on a per-person basis. Just make sure they're careful to only select the specific people who want them changed and not choose the "Select All" function. If you mess up, you may not be able to get back the old FP+ choices.
And yes, if two people each have a FP+ reservation, one person can ride twice by using the other person's Band.

-Rob

escapeartist

Original Poster
OK, that's a lot to cover...

Assuming that you've set up the My Disney Experience profiles and linked the tickets and Bands to people, number 1, 2 and 3 are correct.

4) If you forget the Band you can also use the plastic admission ticket. Both the ticket and Band are "pointers" back to your profile in MDE. If you lose a Band and are an off-site Guest, you'd have to buy another. (On-site guests will, as a courtesy, often get one free replacement Band)
Note that a Band is in no way required for anything, especially for off-site Guests. Anything you'd use a Band for as an off-site Guest you can also just tap your park ticket to the reader for the same function.

5) No. Charging via the Band is for on-site Guests only.

EMH: Most fireworks and shows are scheduled at or before closing time anyway, and you're free to view them as it's normal park hours. The only thing I can think of that's often scheduled after closing is a second Fantasmic show is sometimes scheduled 30 minutes after park closing, and you're free to attend that.
If they're just evening EMH, you're free to wander and shop. If it's a hard-ticket event like Halloween or Christmas parties, you'll be ushered toward the exit soon after official park closing time.

FP+, yes you can change individual reservations on a per-person basis. Just make sure they're careful to only select the specific people who want them changed and not choose the "Select All" function. If you mess up, you may not be able to get back the old FP+ choices.
And yes, if two people each have a FP+ reservation, one person can ride twice by using the other person's Band.

-Rob
Thank you Rob!

PinnySmart

Good answer! You covered everything in such fine detail without being too technical and confusing. You should write FP/MDE instructions for Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom