Four Seasons WDW

durangojim

Thing I can't figure out is why the rooms with two beds are only double beds not queens. Although the fact that the king rooms have a queen sofa bed is something I guess.

DisneyDebNJ

My only real gripe from what I've seen is the bus service....twice per hour to MK and once per hour for the other parks. I know they will be nice buses, but the frequency isn't really any better than other offsite resorts. I know the Four Seasons will bring true luxury, but I can't see myself staying there for a Disney trip and dropping that kind of $ to potentially wait an hour for a bus to/from Epcot, HS, or AK.
Exactly this ^^^ Plus, the main reason we go to Orlando is to go to Disney. For that kind of money, I can stay at a Deluxe resort and have terrific transportation options, see fireworks nitely, and essentially, be worry free.

Richie248

Per Four Seasons FB page, the buses will have scheduled pick-up times, which I think is awesome. You can plan your day not wondering when a bus will show up.

DisneyDaver

Per Four Seasons FB page, the buses will have scheduled pick-up times, which I think is awesome. You can plan your day not wondering when a bus will show up.

Please report back with how your stay at the Four Seasons goes. If the service level and amenities are similar to other Four Seasons and there is convenient transportation to the parks, it seems like the best of both worlds to me. The GF is very nice, but it's no Four Seasons.

Richie248

Please report back with how your stay at the Four Seasons goes. If the service level and amenities are similar to other Four Seasons and there is convenient transportation to the parks, it seems like the best of both worlds to me. The GF is very nice, but it's no Four Seasons.

Will definitely report back! Looking forward to my stay, haven't been to WDW in a few years. And I agree, the GF is no Four Seasons.

asialeigh

Ahh ok, I'm thinking that it's IN WDW, like Swan/Dolphin, not off to the side like Hotel Plaza Boulevard. It's kind of in a weird location - just to the east of Fort Wilderness and Osprey Ridge.

That is because it is located in the Golden Oak community, the new million dollar neighborhood Disney built.

DisneyDaver

The Four Seasons is a great hotel and I'm sure the WDW site will be gorgeous but if you are going to spend big bucks for a hotel in Disney why not stay at a themed hotel? If you really want luxury go with a deluxe resort... It's just weird to me.

For me, it would be because the Four Seasons I have stayed at are nicer and offer better service than the Disney Deluxe resorts I have stayed at (GF, Poly, and Contemporary). For my next Orlando trip this November, I will be staying at a Universal Studios hotel, but the next time I stay at WDW, I plan to give the Four Seasons a try.

slappy magoo

The Four Seasons is a great hotel and I'm sure the WDW site will be gorgeous but if you are going to spend big bucks for a hotel in Disney why not stay at a themed hotel? If you really want luxury go with a deluxe resort... It's just weird to me.
I'm as much of a disney nut as most folks here. Disney Deluxe is by and large oceans away from Four Seasons level of Deluxe.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right, they are on different levels. But I guess I find it interesting that someone would rather get mega luxury in a non-Disney hotel than pretty good luxury in a Disney one. I feel like it takes away from the Disney experience - you can stay in a Four Seasons in so many other places. I just feel like Disney has so many great beautiful hotels that it's part of the whole vacation to transport you there. It doesn't seem as fun to stay in a Four Seasons in WDW. Other cities, sure.
I am in your camp. I hit the pixie dust hard a couple of decades ago and have been hooked ever since. I love the feeling of never leaving that staying at a Disney resort provides. However, there are a number of travelers that want/demand what the 4 Seasons offers and Disney Deluxe resorts simply don't. I was glad to see Disney cut a deal with them to put a real luxury resort right in the middle of it all.

slappy magoo

Right, they are on different levels. But I guess I find it interesting that someone would rather get mega luxury in a non-Disney hotel than pretty good luxury in a Disney one. I feel like it takes away from the Disney experience - you can stay in a Four Seasons in so many other places. I just feel like Disney has so many great beautiful hotels that it's part of the whole vacation to transport you there. It doesn't seem as fun to stay in a Four Seasons in WDW. Other cities, sure.

But meanwhile, there are people who think you're insane to spend Deluxe resort money because they're just as happy staying in the Values because they're just thrilled to be on property. Some people think you're insane but the Values are a zoo and find the Mods to be perfect for them. Still others think we're all a bunch of candya$$es and would only ever camp at Fort Wilderness, no RV or trailer just the tent thank you very much. Still others are just as happy at a $40/night hotels in Kissimmee and think none of us knows the value of a dollar. Still others want to go to Four Season but wouldn't be caught dead in a standard room! Like a commoner! Suites or nothing! And yet still others prefer booking one of the All Star Vacation homes or other local vacation home rentals where you often get 3 bed rooms and your own private pool for less than a price of a mod resort.

It takes different strokes.
Yes. It takes different strokes.
YES! IT TAKES DIFFERENT STROKES TO MOVE THE WORLD!!!

Richie248

This INTERESTS me. If the busses have scheduled pick-up times? It does not sound like these are WDW busses. Before jumping the gun, so to speak.... does anyone know if FS has contracted with WDW transportation? If the busses are independent - are they not going to end up at the TTC?

Per 4 seasons, they are not WDW buses, they are luxury motor coaches. They posted photos of the exterior on their instagram page, but not the interior. Not sure how they will differ from a typical bus. They are also branded "Four Seasons" and not WDW.

EOD K9

But meanwhile, there are people who think you're insane to spend Deluxe resort money because they're just as happy staying in the Values because they're just thrilled to be on property. Some people think you're insane but the Values are a zoo and find the Mods to be perfect for them. Still others think we're all a bunch of candya$$es and would only ever camp at Fort Wilderness, no RV or trailer just the tent thank you very much. Still others are just as happy at a $40/night hotels in Kissimmee and think none of us knows the value of a dollar. Still others want to go to Four Season but wouldn't be caught dead in a standard room! Like a commoner! Suites or nothing! And yet still others prefer booking one of the All Star Vacation homes or other local vacation home rentals where you often get 3 bed rooms and your own private pool for less than a price of a mod resort.

It takes different strokes.
Yes. It takes different strokes.
YES! IT TAKES DIFFERENT STROKES TO MOVE THE WORLD!!!
What might be right for you, may not be right for some!

crispy

What might be right for you, may not be right for some!

A man is boooorrnnn, he's a man of means (and obviously staying at the Four Seasons)
Then along comes two, they got nothing but their jeans...(that would be me staying at a value resort)

Last edited:

Kuzcotopia

The thing about the bus transportation is that, for me, I would settle for less frequent bus service if it showed up and left on a set schedule.

Once an hour, on the hour, with a bus guaranteed to leave for its designated park at that exact time? Where do I sign up, because with planning, it's actually a real timesaver.

Richie248

The thing about the bus transportation is that, for me, I would settle for less frequent bus service if it showed up and left on a set schedule.

Once an hour, on the hour, with a bus guaranteed to leave for its designated park at that exact time? Where do I sign up, because with planning, it's actually a real timesaver.

Me too, nothing worse than just missing the bus!

GrammieBee

Where people stay boils down to three things. How much a person can AFFORD to pay for what they want, how much they are WILLING to pay, even if they could afford to pay more and where they PREFER to be, convenience wise.

CDavid

Where people stay boils down to three things. How much a person can AFFORD to pay for what they want, how much they are WILLING to pay, even if they could afford to pay more and where they PREFER to be, convenience wise.

The quality, amenities, and theme of the hotel or resort also make a big difference; It isn't just a question of price and convenience. Indeed, just having the Disney name on the property makes a far bigger difference than it reasonably should, or else the Hotel Plaza establishments would be the most popular hotels on Disney property (generally superior amenities and quality to Disney's own resorts, at a fraction of the price).

Four Seasons should be a true deluxe resort experience, far superior (possibly excepting the appeal of theme) to Disney's own resorts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

GrammieBee

The quality, amenities, and theme of the hotel or resort also make a big difference; It isn't just a question of price and convenience. Indeed, just having the Disney name on the property makes a far bigger difference than it reasonably should, or else the Hotel Plaza establishments would be the most popular hotels on Disney property (generally superior amenities and quality to Disney's own resorts, at a fraction of the price).

Four Seasons should be a true deluxe resort experience, far superior (possibly excepting the appeal of theme) to Disney's own resorts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Definitely quality, amenities and theme enter into where a person would like to stay. However, if they can't AFFORD to stay at the Grand Floridian or the Four Seasons, no matter how much they would like to stay there, they can't afford to.

Of course there are those who will go into debt to stay there. That dosen't mean they could afford it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I agree in theory, but I think it only works for a place like Four Seasons with 450 rooms. They could never do this with a moderate or value resort with 2,000 plus rooms. If one bus comes every hour on the hour and each bus holds say 100 people if you arrive 15 minutes before the bus arrives and are the 101st person in line you are waiting 75 mins now. With a smaller resort like 4 seasons it may never be a problem, but probably wouldn't be great for bigger Disney resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom