Four Parks One World One Question. Why?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
So my buddies asked me on friday night why am I so obsessed by going to WDW. Hmm,I thought for a moment and i honestly couldn't give them a answer.It's like "Close encounters of the third kind", this magic thing that brings us all together,yes next month I turn the big 60 and I love this place.So what makes you a Disney geek,why do you return year after year? Ive been lucky to have travelled all over Europe and other faraway places,but nothing compares to WDW .. WHY ? :)

ImagineerDude

Well...I don't really know! I'm not obsessed with going to WDW I'm obsessed just by the words Walt Disney World. If I were obsessed by going I would 1) be broke 2) never leave 3) be an AP

There's just something about it that never gets old. The castle, train station, Mansion etc. have not changed in over 41 years but we always take pictures of them. Disney offers something different that no one else has perfected. Sure it's not perfect and we have our complaints, but we always go back. I always try to make each trip like it's my last one...overall, it's not a theme park resort...it's a magical world full of different kinds of experiences and people from everywhere. It's the most magical place on Earth! (Exit stage left, applause, cue Fantasmic music)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well...I don't really know! I'm not obsessed with going to WDW I'm obsessed just by the words Walt Disney World. If I were obsessed by going I would 1) be broke 2) never leave 3) be an AP

There's just something about it that never gets old. The castle, train station, Mansion etc. have not changed in over 41 years but we always take pictures of them. Disney offers something different that no one else has perfected. Sure it's not perfect and we have our complaints, but we always go back. I always try to make each trip like it's my last one...overall, it's not a theme park resort...it's a magical world full of different kinds of experiences and people from everywhere. It's the most magical place on Earth! (Exit stage left, applause, cue Fantasmic music)
Love this answer!;)

scoobygirl39541

My boyfriend asked me this because he grew up in a house that always thought "Disney is only for rich people" so he's never been there! He couldn't understand why its better than the local amusement park or even six flags. I tried explaining the high tech rides, the theming, the shows and fireworks... and he was like "you can see fireworks anywhere, and most of those rides are only fun for kids". It broke my heart! HM, POTC, SW... only fun for kids!! I couldn't believe he lived his life with that mentality! Then I tried explaining how magical main street is and the castle and all the memories you get from being there... he said "you build memories at other parks too, how is it different?". He just couldn't understand why WDW gives us the warm and fuzzies! I feel like its an uphill battle here lol

jonesenon4

my friends always ask me the same question and my answer is always the same [its disney whats not to love].but seriously my family and i LOVE going to disney and my children are both in college DD will be celebrating her21st birthday our next trip in dec. and my DS is 18 and they still love going with us.to us its just a total immersion into fantasy and being a kid again again without a care in the world.it doesnt matter where you are parks or resort you are treated special and it makes you feel special.to sum it up we go because disney makes you feel special and that is why we go every year.

wiigirl

The feeling of being a child when I am there

This!
75.gif

Clamman73

I'm not sure either...I went almost every summer 70s - 80s and I guess it brings me back to child/teens time in my life. I'll be there next week and can't wait to stop by the Poly lobby, be on the monorail, hear the train whistle in the background, the boat horns, howling at HM, walk under SSE, see the Friendship boats cruising in lagoon at Epcot...

Just need to be there once in a while for some reason...

LVgoN2WDW

It's unexplainable! We have been going every summer for years and I feel as though my kids have grown up there! We always talk about our best memories of them growing up and they always involve WDW!

oswald

For me its being immersed in the imagination of my childhood and seeing the films and characters brought to life. But I think the main reason I go back is to relive the memories of holidays past with my family and friends :)

Goofnut1980

Going as much as I have, it really becomes a part of you. I know why die-hard fans get upset about simple things that are not up to par. (IE, light bulbs) It is also like when at a DVC they "welcome you home". Disney World not only brings out the child in all of us but it becomes near and dear to you. You feel relaxed and in your happy place. Another thing for me is I feel very safe there. There are not many places you can go in this world and feel safe. There are so many crazy people out there.

luv

I just love theme parks. Disney, Uni, Sea World...all of them. I like amusement parks, too. Always have, ever since I was a kid.

I don't know why. It's just fun.

I like living in Orlando. Theme parks on a regular basis...and it leaves vacation for other stuff. I always hated choosing between Orlando and Somewhere Else. I also think the parks are more fun done in small doses. No hurrying. No rushing. No, "I have to go to rope drop!" We can walk the whole park and only do 1-4 things and still have fun. :)

jlevis

When I'm at Disney there is no cancer, (I'm in remission right now). All is right with the world, I can see the joy on my grandsons faces as we plunge down Splash Mountain. The boys and I can become Pirates and say ARRHH. I can see our 4 year old grandson on 'soarin. Our last trip in August was for my birthday and the whole family was there. We built memories as a family that are timeless. We all have our reasons for being Disney "fanatics"; mine are family.

LuLaSue

I don't have an answer but, there are several answers.... here a just a few...

The feeling you have when you first walk on Main Street USA, gazing at the Castle, all your troubles seem to fade away.

When your there, you have this full immersion into a World where everything is perfect (or almost), where adults become children and children are the eyes and ears of the kingdom.

Walt Disney World is something that NO ONE else has replicated, you won't find it anywhere else,it is true magic!

Oh, to be in the Disney Bubble right now!!

sgtmgd

I don't have an answer but, there are several answers.... here a just a few...

The feeling you have when you first walk on Main Street USA, gazing at the Castle, all your troubles seem to fade away.

When your there, you have this full immersion into a World where everything is perfect (or almost), where adults become children and children are the eyes and ears of the kingdom.

Walt Disney World is something that NO ONE else has replicated, you won't find it anywhere else,it is true magic!

Oh, to be in the Disney Bubble right now!!

Well said Sue! Its the one place I can go too and smile everyday....It is a "whole new world" to me everytime I go...Ive been fortunate enough to go since1973 as a very young boy...and Ive never lost that llonging to go back. I have been all around the globe in my military days and seen many wonderful places...but nothing gets me excited like planning a trip to WDW...and feeling of serenity that washes over me as I drive under the welcome signs and know that for at least a few days I will leave the hustle and bustle of work and life stressers behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom