Fountain of Nations looked like a train wreck

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The Fountain of Nations as of today is in the saddest state I have ever seen it, even worse than before that refurbishment back in 2009. The only fountains that worked were some of the bottom cannons in the lower pool and thats not saying much and half of the micro shooters up top which do the most of the dancing. I was afraid I was watching this fountain the last time or at least as we know it.

Goofyernmost

Was it windy, because if it is they shut off a number of the nozzles to prevent everyone from getting soaked on the way by it. I was there last week and it seemed fine, however, to be honest I didn't really do much more then walk by it. It was very windy when I was there, so there was nothing spectacular about it, but, it was operating and looked fine.

P_Radden

Was it windy, because if it is they shut off a number of the nozzles to prevent everyone from getting soaked on the way by it. I was there last week and it seemed fine, however, to be honest I didn't really do much more then walk by it. It was very windy when I was there, so there was nothing spectacular about it, but, it was operating and looked fine.
This. If the fountain is not spraying at full power, look up at the wind meter on the roof of Mouse Gear to see if it looks windy.

Chef Mickey

WDW needs to step up their water effects overall. Fountains of Nations has looked pretty good from what I've seen and I agree with the wind concerns probably being the culprit in this case.

On another topic, I never thought the water effects were appropriate for a grand show like Illuminations. They have never seemed impactful enough for my taste. If they want water effects, I think they should employ technology used in the World of Color or at Bellagio in Vegas.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If they dial-down the fountain on windy days, seems to me they're leaving money on the table. Instead of lowering the water pressure, they should set up poncho booths at either end of the walkway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WDW needs to step up their water effects overall. Fountains of Nations has looked pretty good from what I've seen and I agree with the wind concerns probably being the culprit in this case.

On another topic, I never thought the water effects were appropriate for a grand show like Illuminations. They have never seemed impactful enough for my taste. If they want water effects, I think they should employ technology used in the World of Color or at Bellagio in Vegas.

The fountain was shocking (again) last fall.

ROE fountain barges remember are floating. WoC and Bellagio are fixed pumps.

Chef Mickey

Correct, and I feel they need a full redesign as the floating are not a dramatic enough effect. I'm actually surprised it was ever approved and I love Illuminations. If they want water effects, they need to be on a much grander scale or WAY more of a background/short time component to the show.

The floating Earth video board was also a failed experiment, IMO....then they just kind of went with it.

P_Radden

I see too many obstacles in the way of fixed pumps ever being used in the RoE show. First, isn't World Showcase Lagoon deeper than both the other examples listed above? Also, to install a fixed pump system wouldn't the lagoon have to be drained? And finally, the fixed pumps would have to be located in areas that are not in the paths of the Friendship boats... But I do think they would be a sweet upgrade to the show, if they were able to be implemented.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I see too many obstacles in the way of fixed pumps ever being used in the RoE show. First, isn't World Showcase Lagoon deeper than both the other examples listed above? Also, to install a fixed pump system wouldn't the lagoon have to be drained? And finally, the fixed pumps would have to be located in areas that are not in the paths of the Friendship boats... But I do think they would be a sweet upgrade to the show.
Average of six foot, not nessecarily, and they are anyway. Not that this will happen.

If anything the parcans may become LED.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster

to many boats around, it would never work but they could add some fountains to the Bernie barges and make them dance like the ones on rivers of light. They should really take a foot or 2 off that hideous wall they have on the fountains.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
to many boats around, it would never work but they could add some fountains to the Bernie barges and make them dance like the ones on rivers of light. They should really take a foot or 2 off that hideous wall they have on the fountains.
No can do; behind that ”wall” are the SCS units. Not to mention it hides the pumps.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
No can do; behind that ”wall” are the SCS units. Not to mention it hides the pumps.
So they really need that much space to hide the pumps and hardware even with today's technology?, I guess the only thing they could do is add small fountains like the ones in rivers of lights on the outer parts of the barge layout

Larry Mondello

Once I saw this, the Epcot fountains never looked that impressive anymore.

Bellagio-fountains_flickr_Hialean.jpg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Probably not since these were built in 1984.

Buy they're not going to change because a message board doesn't like them.
There's one good thing about all that space, when somethings out they usually manage to fix it right after chaos since they have all that room to work with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom