Fort Wilderness Campground Cart Rental

Epcot-Rules

I have stayed here 4 different times, and we always rent a cart to ride the campground. I was wondering if there is an outside company that rents golf carts at a cheaper rate than Disney? Disney is 60.00 per night. I know there are companies who with deliver and pick up the hoverounds at much less.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney really cracked down on outside rentals a couple of years ago. As it stands, a cart rental company can not drop off a cart at Ft Wilderness.

What a couple of companies have done to get around this is they will meet you about a mile off property with a cart on a trailer. You hook up the trailer, tow the cart in then return the trailer. Returning the cart is the reverse of that process.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Disney really cracked down on outside rentals a couple of years ago. As it stands, a cart rental company can not drop off a cart at Ft Wilderness.

What a couple of companies have done to get around this is they will meet you about a mile off property with a cart on a trailer. You hook up the trailer, tow the cart in then return the trailer. Returning the cart is the reverse of that process.

Why does Disney not allow this? Is it that much different than guests renting scooters?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why does Disney not allow this? Is it that much different than guests renting scooters?
Scooters fall in a bit of a different category as they are more of an accessibility device. Disney only provides them in the park where as some people need them full time. Disney would most likely risk a law suit if they denied people the ability to get them for full time use.

Disney makes a tidy sum from cart rentals at Ft. Wilderness and they understandably do not want to let someone else conduct business on their property. It is no different that Best Buy not letting Sears come in and sell TVs in one of their stores.

Bottom line, it is their sandbox, their rules.

Upvote 0

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
Scooters fall in a bit of a different category as they are more of an accessibility device. Disney only provides them in the park where as some people need them full time. Disney would most likely risk a law suit if they denied people the ability to get them for full time use.

Disney makes a tidy sum from cart rentals at Ft. Wilderness and they understandably do not want to let someone else conduct business on their property. It is no different that Best Buy not letting Sears come in and sell TVs in one of their stores.

Bottom line, it is their sandbox, their rules.
Thanks Yoda, that's what I figured. I know you can bring your own cart if you have one. I guess I can't really blame Disney, I know they make a small fortune on the cart rentals. I always rent one for 6 days.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Disney makes a tidy sum from cart rentals at Ft. Wilderness and they understandably do not want to let someone else conduct business on their property.
I'm sure there's some risk of liability and support but I agree its mostly a financial decision. I don't knock them from that, as its their property and their rules.

Personally, I'd not take a chance on going the "unofficial" route, just because I'd rather not risk having any sort of headaches during my stay

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom