For those who've tested Fastpass+: what strategy did you use and for what attractions?

Pluto fan girl

Since it's still testing it's seems like it is pretty easy to switch FP+ for your phone as need right now. If you show up and it's a walk on just switch your FP+ to something else. The FP+ can be changed until you scan in or the park closes.

When we were there this month (sept 10-21). You only have a few minutes past the end time on your FP+ to change it. that was when I was lucky it seemed. We lost several. Poor planning on my part sometimes, killer slow app, that crashed frequently, other times. Took me until the last day to get it down pat, and even then I spent a lot of time on my phone while Dh pushed the stroller! It was great overall tho. Scheduled correctly, you can go at the end of one and the beginning time of another and move quickly. We did this with the new princess meet and greet at MK. It was awesome! Don't think that you are necessarily going to go from space mntn to splash mntn hour to hour over lunch dragging the whole family (dh, ds17, dd5, my mom, and mil) along and the some. It looked good when i plannd it originaly tho! :)

Also, some cast members grumbled when they saw the wrist band and we used a paper FP. I politley reminded them that this was a testing phase and the resort check-in (POR) explained to us to do this. Worst grumbling for that was at AK, and not too many other places.

For everyone who is down on FP and FP+, I am sorry, we love it. Not EVERYONE uses FP that can now, I imagne it will be about the same. My DS has aspergers. Very highly functioning, but a 30 minute line can be more than upsetting. We never knew about the whole doctor note and special pass when he was a younger, and frankly for all the complaining I hear about people using it on boards, that is one more stress area I did not need to ever deal with. FP let us go on rides with him that we would never have tried without it. The first time we saw it when he was younger I was so excited!

Overall, I have to say the FP+ and the Magic bands were great! Just remember who you have in tow, how far things are apart, and when everyone is going to get hungry!

G00fyDad

When we were there this month (sept 10-21). You only have a few minutes past the end time on your FP+ to change it. that was when I was lucky it seemed. We lost several. Poor planning on my part sometimes, killer slow app, that crashed frequently, other times. Took me until the last day to get it down pat, and even then I spent a lot of time on my phone while Dh pushed the stroller! It was great overall tho. Scheduled correctly, you can go at the end of one and the beginning time of another and move quickly. We did this with the new princess meet and greet at MK. It was awesome! Don't think that you are necessarily going to go from space mntn to splash mntn hour to hour over lunch dragging the whole family (dh, ds17, dd5, my mom, and mil) along and the some. It looked good when i plannd it originaly tho! :)

Also, some cast members grumbled when they saw the wrist band and we used a paper FP. I politley reminded them that this was a testing phase and the resort check-in (POR) explained to us to do this. Worst grumbling for that was at AK, and not too many other places.

For everyone who is down on FP and FP+, I am sorry, we love it. Not EVERYONE uses FP that can now, I imagne it will be about the same. My DS has aspergers. Very highly functioning, but a 30 minute line can be more than upsetting. We never knew about the whole doctor note and special pass when he was a younger, and frankly for all the complaining I hear about people using it on boards, that is one more stress area I did not need to ever deal with. FP let us go on rides with him that we would never have tried without it. The first time we saw it when he was younger I was so excited!

Overall, I have to say the FP+ and the Magic bands were great! Just remember who you have in tow, how far things are apart, and when everyone is going to get hungry!

Why would the CM's be grumbling because you're using a paper Fast Pass and have a wristband? It shouldn't really matter to them one way or the other. If I get any grumbling when we do it I'm just going to tell them that they have to learn to deal with it.

Pluto fan girl

Why would the CM's be grumbling because you're using a paper Fast Pass and have a wristband? It shouldn't really matter to them one way or the other. If I get any grumbling when we do it I'm just going to tell them that they have to learn to deal with it.

Everybody gumbled everywhere. I exagerate, however, if I had not seen it with my own eyes I would never have belevied the number of unhappy disney cast members that we encountered. We actually did a bounce back offer for the first time ever, and continue to question why. It makes me sick to think of how unexcited I am. I hope if we decide to go, disney takes a happy pill. :)

gboiler1

Everybody gumbled everywhere. I exagerate, however, if I had not seen it with my own eyes I would never have belevied the number of unhappy disney cast members that we encountered. We actually did a bounce back offer for the first time ever, and continue to question why. It makes me sick to think of how unexcited I am. I hope if we decide to go, disney takes a happy pill. :)

I work in a business where I see people work the system to their advantage, so why shouldn't Disney fanatics like us do the same? We want the most bang for our buck so we'll learn and understand the system, then use it to our advantage. If I were a cast member I'd suggest things to make peoples experiences more magical.
Like Goofydad said, why should it matter to the CMs how you enter an attraction, all they need to do is mind the gates.

G00fyDad

It is 10:30 a.m. Right now and we have all ready with the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, and Dumbo. The sign said 10 minutes wait but we walked on and literally sat down to ride the rides.

75disney

I have my FP+ for 11/26 in MK set up this way:
Peter Pan 11:00-12:00
Jungle Cruise 1:40-2:40
BTMRR 3:00-4:00

I plan on getting in at rope drop and heading to FLE. What do the lines get like for Story time with Belle, Little mermaid ride, Dumbo, and barnstormer in the morning? I am not sure if I should FP+ Belle or Mermaid. Currently I am planning on hitting them first thing in the AM (Belle, then Mermaid, then Pooh). Will I have long waits? We plan on doing Dumbo and Barnstormer our second day in MK. This is Thanksgiving week so the parks will get crowded. Thanks for any advice.

Texas84

MK is usually not busy before lunch, at least when I have been there. I was there Saturday and it got bad after lunch. But yeah, in the morning it was walk-on everything.

SyracuseOrange

The seating is FANTASTIC...dead center.
Definitely doing this, then. How early do they make you arrive?

I'm going down for the F&W Half Marathon and will be able to test MM+. I was planning on doing a day in DHS since I haven't been in a while. Definitely doing Toy Story and ToT, but was debating what to use the third one on. Fantasmic it is!

G8rchamps

We are planning our FP+ reservations later in the day when the parks are busy. Family are usually up for rope drop, but there can be late night at MK sometimes. Nice to know we can ride our favorite attractions. (might double dip once while we still can)

awoogala

We have planned all our fp+ for late afternoon into evening. I assume we will be there early, do walk-ons and paper fp as we can, then have fp+ for later on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom