For those hesitant to purchase a balloon....

wdwmomof3

We weRe also told that if something happend to it and it lost air while on our trip that they would replace it. We were lucky and have never had a problem, but for a $10.00 balloon it's nice to know they will replace it.

Laura

Premium Member
I've never understood the love for a balloon. You have to carry it around all day. Unless you have a stroller to tie it to, how can you even go on a ride once you've bought one? It gets in the way of other guests during shows, parades, and fireworks. It doesn't actually DO anything. And once you get it home, then what? It serves even less purpose floating around your house than it did at the parks.

Seems like a giant waste of money.

mousefreak

My daughter LOVES mylar balloons! Here's a picture of me and DD picking out one last September. I've already promised her another balloon this year.
052.jpg

Funfy

I don't know if this still happens or not, but, the Kroger (or probably any store that has balloons) would refill them for $1. Probably some weird liability issue now, but, worth asking.

rsoxguy

I've never understood the love for a balloon. You have to carry it around all day. Unless you have a stroller to tie it to, how can you even go on a ride once you've bought one? It gets in the way of other guests during shows, parades, and fireworks. It doesn't actually DO anything. And once you get it home, then what? It serves even less purpose floating around your house than it did at the parks.

One of my Disney memories is of my daughter when she was just a baby. We bought a big silver Mickey face balloon. She couldn't stop playing with it. We would lay her down on the floor and she would spend her time smiling up at the balloon overhead. She's twenty now, but we have photos that serve to remind us forever of those days. Just like any other "toy", the value is in the enjoyment.

wdwmomof3

I felt the same way for years and my DH hates to deal with them, but he was not with us on this trip and my son wanted one so we got it at the end of the day, early in the week. We actually enjoyed it in our room.

He bought a red one and I bet we passed about 10 cars coming home that had the red Mickey balloon's too! :D Every time we saw one we laughed because it was almost like finding a hidden Mickey on the highway!

bluewings

When I was a kid I got a balloon from Six Flags (I think), it made it the whole ride home but once I let it go inside the house it hit the ceiling and popped. After that I never got another balloon at a park.

HouCuseChickie

Ok- we've done the whole regift the balloon to another child before we leave, and while it's great and all...

I WANT A BALLOON!!!

I want one of the mouse ear ones with the clear balloon over top...that flash (at least I thought they flashed) and lights up at night. And it's going to be for me...yes, me me me! :D The kids? They can get their own darn balloon! :p

MeandMickey

I have never bought my kids a balloon, but last year when we checked into the Yacht Club mousekeeping was cleaning out an adjacent room and the nice lady offered our kids 4 balloons that the family checking out could not take on their plane ride home. My daughter was so thrilled to get them. They were the clear one with Mickey inside, the princess one and two silver Mickey head balloons. I could not believe it, that was so nice of her. They lasted about a month. Kids loved them!

Cindy'sBruno

I think this trip I am going to get a balloon for my little ones! I love the idea of giving a child checking in the balloon once you are leaving! We may have to do that this year.

tehSAC

Original Poster

We didnt purchase ours until our last day as we were walking out. Plus it was my daughters money, and she wanted one. We plan to place it within our scrapbook now that is has deflated.

Tink313

Last year we bought one, the ballon within the ballon started to deflate:eek: . Walking into the Magic Kingdom one morning a manager saw it kindly walk over and replaced it for us. We told him it was ok he didn't have to since we were leaving the next day, but he insisted, He said we cant have a bad balloon in the magic kingdom lol. I guess we were giving a bad show with our sad balloon:rolleyes:

rct247

I completely agree. Not to mention that Disney doesn't allow you to take it on most rides or in some buildings. DAK and DAKL don't allow them at all. They also cost so much money for what you are getting. They look awesome, but not worth it in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom