For LOST Fans

wdwfan94

Original Poster
Ok, imagine if at the next D23 that Disney announces a brand new state of the art E-Ticket based on the show LOST would be coming to DHS. Where would you want it to go, what would the que be like, what ride system would it be, would you want screens or sets, and what would the story be?

JohnLocke

I think it could work really well with a post series storyline. SPOILERS for those who haven't finished the series:

Hurley in charge of the island now has made travel to and from it open to the public, your party goes into a pre-show room in the Temple, where Ben, former leader of the Others and now second in command to Hurley, gives you a little history of the island and what he and Hurley and trying to accomplish on it. Of course during his demonstration, something horribly goes wrong and the MiB appears once again on the island to cause some chaos. For whatever reason, you're charged with having to chase him down to try to stop him, you're possibly all new candidates to take Hurley's position in the future. You go from this pre-show room to the load area where you get on a dark ride/coaster and experience a trip around the island and through time so you actually get to experience some of the famous scenes from the show.

Captain Hank

Already a thread about it.

Not necessary.

Inappropriate.

Just a couple of the many predictable replies you'll find here at wdwmagic. Gotta love it!
Well...he's right. It really belongs in the Imagineering forum. :shrug:

Anyway, I don't think LOST would work well as a traditional theme park ride. I'd love to have a Backstage Pass-type set walkthrough of some of the major set pieces, like the Temple and the Swan.

JohnLocke

Well...he's right. It really belongs in the Imagineering forum. :shrug:

Anyway, I don't think LOST would work well as a traditional theme park ride. I'd love to have a Backstage Pass-type set walkthrough of some of the major set pieces, like the Temple and the Swan.

I think it could, obviously, but I just think it really depends on story and the attraction itself.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Hurley in charge of the island now has made travel to and from it open to the public, your party goes into a pre-show room in the Temple, where Ben, former leader of the Others and now second in command to Hurley, gives you a little history of the island and what he and Hurley and trying to accomplish on it. Of course during his demonstration, something horribly goes wrong and the MiB appears once again on the island to cause some chaos. For whatever reason, you're charged with having to chase him down to try to stop him, you're possibly all new candidates to take Hurley's position in the future. You go from this pre-show room to the load area where you get on a dark ride/coaster and experience a trip around the island and through time so you actually get to experience some of the famous scenes from the show.

I think most of this is a good idea, other than the fact that the Man in Black is dead. Perhaps the attraction could have more of a lighthearted tone.

And we definitely have to use DHARMA vans for the vehicles.

---TrevorA

stitchcastle

if the series actually ended in a phenomenal fashion instead of the whimper that it was, then it's possible, otherwise, it'll soon fade into obscurity.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
if the series actually ended in a phenomenal fashion instead of the whimper that it was, then it's possible, otherwise, it'll soon fade into obscurity.

If you understand the entirety of what the finale was (and more importantly, are able to decipher what was important and what was trivial to the plot of the series), you can really start to see how well they ended it all. I loved the show, beginning, middle and end. It was a triumph in the art of television.

I don't want to get into an argument; this thread is an attraction brainstorm, not a TV review.

---TrevorA

lilclerk

Hurley in charge of the island now has made travel to and from it open to the public, your party goes into a pre-show room in the Temple, where Ben, former leader of the Others and now second in command to Hurley, gives you a little history of the island and what he and Hurley and trying to accomplish on it. .
Oh man, if I could go for a ride in a Dharma van with Hurley and Ben, my life would be complete :lol:

Xethos

They could replace the Journey into Narnia with a Lost theme pretty easily. I dont think ive ever heard of anyone who actually likes that attraction.

JohnLocke

I think most of this is a good idea, other than the fact that the Man in Black is dead. Perhaps the attraction could have more of a lighthearted tone.

And we definitely have to use DHARMA vans for the vehicles.

---TrevorA

True, MiB is dead, but I'm assuming whatever created him is probably back down in the light source waiting to be released again. You can also go with theme park ride logic and just find a way to ressurect him for the attraction.

I think using the Donkey Wheel in some way, so you can easily go backward and forward in time, would probably be best for the attraction. Most likely you may have to go semi-Spiderman for it to work best.

Modified DHARMA vans would totally make great ride vehicles.

JohnLocke

They could replace the Journey into Narnia with a Lost theme pretty easily. I dont think ive ever heard of anyone who actually likes that attraction.

I just hope they close that and open an actual attraction sometime in its place. I never done it, but I don't know who really thought it would be a bright idea to make people wait in line to see a movie trailer.

Javier Boughton

If you understand the entirety of what the finale was (and more importantly, are able to decipher what was important and what was trivial to the plot of the series), you can really start to see how well they ended it all. I loved the show, beginning, middle and end. It was a triumph in the art of television.

I don't want to get into an argument; this thread is an attraction brainstorm, not a TV review.

---TrevorA

thats right..some people just didnt "get it"

and a lost attraction could/would be huge!!!

if more than 13 million tune in the show (between 18-50 years), and attendance to WDW each year is around 40M...

i bet having an attraction that appeals to that audience would definitely bring in a huge number of people (and possibly new comers) to wdw, just for that attraction alone.

i guess it comes to simple math, and how to keep 'em coming

Kamikaze

I think it could work really well with a post series storyline. SPOILERS for those who haven't finished the series:

No. Smokey is dead. The beginning premise was good, but have to come up with another villain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom