Trip Report Food & Wine with a Long Line, but plenty of Sunshine! (and beer)

Trip reports are great and there's so much to know...
climb aboard explorers, its time to gooooo!

Welcome everyone to my overdue trip report! Apologies again for the delay and for a complete lack of updates and pics while we were actually in WDW, but there was a reason for that. Well, it was actually due to a mistake but we turned it into something new for us in terms of this TR. Allow me to explain. About an hour after we were on the road my wife turns to me and asks, "did you grab the camera bag out of the office"? I paused, then slowly turned my head to look at her as my bottom lip rolled up against my teeth in the manor which you make an 'F' sound. It was like the scene in the movie Christmas Story when Ralphie slowly says, "ffffffffudge". Although I didnt say fudge, well neither did Ralphy actually, but anyway... we realized that we had left our camera back at home. Ugggghhhhhh!:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: There was no way I was turning around since we were already an hour into the trip. We both had our phones and we figured it would have to do.

Then she drops another bomb on me. She reminds that her phone memory is full and she cant take pictures. She had an issue syncing her iphone to her laptop to transfer pics and after a long call with tech support they told her she would have to bring her phone in and they would take care of it. Of course she hadnt brought it in yet which left us with one phone capable of taking pictures for the trip. I recently upgraded to the LG 4 (or whatver its called) and it has a great camera and decent battery. In that moment, my phone became Obi-Wan Kenobi because....it was our only hope! So after a short discussion we decided that the best plan was to take pictures and video and conserve battery whenever we could which would mean not going online to often, especially Instagram, which for some reason is a battery killer for my phone. No Instagram!:bawling::bawling::arghh::arghh: This was gonna be tough, lol. Then my idea for this TR was born. We wanted to take more videos this trip for Food and Wine and I proposed that we do a mash up of a normal TR mixed in with some videos and reviews. We thought when we returned home we could do a video review of both of us going over the events of the day as well since we wouldnt be able to get everything on film in the event my phone died during the day (which it did, EVERYDAY!)

So thats how this bad boy is gonna roll! We will write a summary of the day with pics and then add our video at the end which will be us at home going over the day. We made the first video last night and had a lot of fun. It took several attempts because Akira and the cats decided to all act up once we started (youll see in the video). But if anybody doesnt like videos or doesnt want to watch, I understand. But if you wanna get to know us a little better, give the vid a try. Hope you guys like it! Im gonna post this part now and then begin day writing day one and post it within the hour. Sorry for no pics in this part, I just wanted to explain what we would be doing. There is plenty of good stuff ahead, dont worry!

bee

The next round of videos will be much shorter and I will space them out through the the daily recaps. I dont blame people for not wanting to watch a 16 minute video as I cant stand it when a friend hands me their phone and says "watch this" and I see its an 8 minute video. I kinda broke my own rule there, but as I said, I just wanted to post it and get to day 2 of the trip which is when things really get rolling!
Don't worry, it's not the same as when your friend gives you their phone and said "watch this!" In that situation you're kind of stuck but here we can stop and start as we please!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We arrive this Saturday - headed to Food and Wine first and foremost, God Help Us....
The only advice I could offer for weekends at F&W would be to start the moment that the booths open. If you start after 2 or 3 pm, your gonna suffer. At least thats what we noticed. Walking through Epcot early afternoon we saw much smaller lines or practically none. A few hours later though...(*new york accent) fuhgeddaboudit

CtDisneyGuy33

The only advice I could offer for weekends at F&W would be to start the moment that the booths open. If you start after 2 or 3 pm, your gonna suffer. At least thats what we noticed. Walking through Epcot early afternoon we saw much smaller lines or practically none. A few hours later though...(*new york accent) fuhgeddaboudit

Oh great - we should be arriving 1ish at Epcot. The past couple years I've been down to F&W and avoided the weekends for the most part but I was overruled this time, so it should be just great... lol.

Great pic tho - I'm definitely ready for the trip.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh great - we should be arriving 1ish at Epcot. The past couple years I've been down to F&W and avoided the weekends for the most part but I was overruled this time, so it should be just great... lol.

Great pic tho - I'm definitely ready for the trip.
I think as long as your mentally prepared it wont seem so bad. It was more of a shock for us because we went in thinking it wouldnt be that bad. We expected lines, but not like what we saw. The most annoying thing is watching people who have been in line for 10+ minutes who get to the register to order, then they decide to finally look at the menu and take their time figuring out what they want.

Be strong, move quick, remember your training,... and may the Force be with you!

CtDisneyGuy33

I think as long as your mentally prepared it wont seem so bad. It was more of a shock for us because we went in thinking it wouldnt be that bad. We expected lines, but not like what we saw. The most annoying thing is watching people who have been in line for 10+ minutes who get to the register to order, then they decide to finally look at the menu and take their time figuring out what they want.

Be strong, move quick, remember your training,... and may the Force be with you!

Yeah, people are incredibly slow and most don't think about the 20 people behind them.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Walking Dead - like the place is full of zombies. Strange, but after seeing some of the characters there, I'm going with that..lol.

Great vids by the way. I think I'm finally going to do a TR this time. I think yours and many others TR are awesome, so I'm not sure I can match them, but will try. Not convinced I will do one, but hope to

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, people are incredibly slow and most don't think about the 20 people behind them.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Walking Dead - like the place is full of zombies. Strange, but after seeing some of the characters there, I'm going with that..lol.

Great vids by the way. I think I'm finally going to do a TR this time. I think yours and many others TR are awesome, so I'm not sure I can match them, but will try. Not convinced I will do one, but hope to
You gotta do a TR! This is only my second one. Well , 3rd if you count my PTR. They are soooo much fun to make and go back over all the photos and its a great way to get over the Disney blues. My wife gets involved now and we have a great time. IMO, there is no good or bad for a TR, just have fun doing it and it will be great!

catmom46

The video format is great, looking forward to more, plus some bloopers with the animals! :)

And now, SB: Providential Belgian-Style Golden Ale (7.5%), brewed by Unibroue. Only problem - it has one of those champagne stoppers (hence still-empty glass), which I've never opened before. Wish me luck!

IMG_0356.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
The video format is great, looking forward to more, plus some bloopers with the animals! :)

And now, SB: Providential Belgian-Style Golden Ale (7.5%), brewed by Unibroue. Only problem - it has one of those champagne stoppers (hence still-empty glass), which I've never opened before. Wish me luck!

View attachment 117223
Very good beer! Anything Belgian style is a great choice, IMO, haha. Those cork growler toppers can be tricky at first;)

lostpro9het

now, SB: Providential Belgian-Style Golden Ale (7.5%), brewed by Unibroue. Only problem - it has one of those champagne stoppers (hence still-empty glass), which I've never opened before. Wish me luck!
Mmmm, almost makes a trip to TJs worth it.
I promise this was from last night and not this morning ;)
Boom! SB: Georgia's own Wild Heaven's Eschaton. A Belgian quad at 10.5%ABV
aviary_1445125344184.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mmmm, almost makes a trip to TJs worth it.
I promise this was from last night and not this morning ;)
Boom! SB: Georgia's own Wild Heaven's Eschaton. A Belgian quad at 10.5%ABV
aviary_1445125344184.jpg
you poured that bad boy to the tip of the rim! Another belgian too, and 10.5%, holy moley! I just may have to make a trip for something special.....Ill probly just hit Kroger though for the Dundee 12 pack since its still on sale, lol

lostpro9het

you poured that bad boy to the tip of the rim! Another belgian too, and 10.5%, holy moley! I just may have to make a trip for something special.....Ill probly just hit Kroger though for the Dundee 12 pack since its still on sale, lol
Yeah, they were marking that down well yesterday but I have a hard time passing on the others Kroger sells:
Victory's Golden Monkey, highly recommend and also sold at AKL
Boulevard's Sixth Glass, highly recommend and also sold at AKL
Kentucky Bourbon beer, you know how I feel about that
Dragon's Milk Vanilla, you know how I feel about that

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, they were marking that down well yesterday but I have a hard time passing on the others Kroger sells:
Victory's Golden Monkey, highly recommend and also sold at AKL
Boulevard's sixth glass, highly recommend and also sold at AKL
Kentucky Bourbon beer, you know how I feel about that
Dragon's Milk Vanilla, you know how I feel about that
All great choices and I would definitely prefer them over the Dundee mix pack. I just prefer the savings I get for 12 Dundees for $11 vs $9.99 for 6 craft beers. We have a liquor store that will mark down craft beer like Magic Hat or NEw Belgium once a month and thats when I stock up. Im being cheap so I can save for my DVC resale!!!

And speaking of the Kentucky Bourbon beer, there will be a short video coming up soon in my TR in regards to that, and who knows, maybe your name even comes up in the video???:cool:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the delay in day two of the TR. So Akira and Brolly were hovering around the edge of the fence line and acting weird the other day. I went over to where they were to check it out. I could smell something funny. I examined behind the fence and could not find anything. Its a big area back there with a creek and wooded lot. I figured it was a dead possum but didnt find anything. So the next day they are acting weird again. I dismissed it at first but I was mowing the lawn an hour later and as I got to the side of the house the stench of something was overwhelming. Upon a second look of the area I found the cause of the odor. A dead deer. It was a big one too. An 8 point buck (my neighbor is a hunter). It was obvious it had been attacked by something. It was a bloody mess. I called Animal Control and the guy confirmed coyote footprints on the scene.

The incident wasnt a major factor in the delay in our TR, but I had yard work to catch up on before the weather gets too cold and it definitely didnt speed things up. We should have day two up by this evening with some videos as well. See you guys later and to all the football fans, enjoy the games! Rise Up! (Falcons talk)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom