Trip Report *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Food Update here *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Wow, so I am just digging in here on this thing. Picture editing, camera issues, and pure laziness has had this on delay.

Before I get started though I want to say thanks to Tom (WDWFigment). He really has helped me in so many ways with camera questions, photoshop, lens stuff. Anything I asked he has been great and always willing to take a phone call from a disgruntled "photographer". Pretty much any great or good pictures you see...he knowing, or unknowingly had a hand in there some how. So in all seriousness...thanks bud.

Now a little bit about my upcoming trip (that already happened)...

Travel Dates were August 25th through September 7th.

We have a 6:30pm flight to leave Pittsburgh.

The stars of this show will be my fiance Colleen, and myself. There will be some guest appearances but you guys only are here because of me so screw them. HAHA no we will get to them once their spot come up.

Leading up to this trip the time FLEW BY. 1 year went by so fast that it's pretty crazy when I sit back and think about where all that time went. It seemed like 180 days was here in an instant. Then 100 days, then before I know it my Magical Express and Vouchers are in my mail box. Then I am on the airplane...

WDW_6184_1.jpg

The flight was pretty interesting to say the least. I am not the most relaxed person so to speak when on an airplane. It's not my most favorite thing in the world to take part in...flying, that is. We were flying down as the Hurricane was flying up. So winds in Orlando were pretty wild, and the flight was pretty bumpy. Nothing CRAZY but still...the more smooth the better. With that said the captain kept giving us weather updates for Orlando saying it was windy and raining. We flew right in and touched down and there was no wind or rain. I was very happy about that.

So we exit the plane and walk over to the tram and this greets me...

WDW_6200.jpg

Yeah so now I am pretty amped up at this point and I am starting to get that feeling that "Okay...we are here"

So off the tram and down to the Magical Express area. Now anyone who "knows" me or read my trip before you know that I am a huge fan of taking pictures of people who are doing weird things, wearing odd clothes, or speedos. Some of you are fans of it and some of you are not. I have said time and time that I do not look for this, if it presents itself I will snap it and so on. Well we are not even in line yet and something crazy presents itself...

WDW_6203_1.jpg

Yeah this lady was dragging her child around on her luggage through the whole first level of the airport. Aint that like half a mile, or does it just seem like it? Anyways for the most part that is pretty much the only "people pics" I got. There are 2 or 3 more so I am sure that will have some of you on the edge of your seat biting your toe nails...

Anyways back to the adventure...

WDW_6204_1.jpg

We are on the bus!!!

WDW_6216_1.jpg

WDW_6221.jpg

We arrived at All Star Sports and Nick was waiting for us at the front door. I quickly said what's up and ran to check in before everyone else. Online check in this time was pretty shocking. I walked up to the counter and everything was ready. Dude basically handed my packet and room keys and basically was like "peace dude". I was like ummm is that it?

Our room was located right on the first building outside the cafe on the left. Touchdown something...I forget. But to my surprised the football field was all fenced off. I am immediately ed. I go look and they have new turf down, painted plays all over the field. It looked pretty much like it was almost finished so I calmed down a bit. So we went to our room, put our carry on bags down and headed out the door to go to Planet Hollywood and to meet up with a buddy! We got to Planet Hollywood where we met up with Karen (MillerPoppins) who just happened to be hanging out in Orlando while we were there! Prior to leaving she messaged me and told me she would be down there for a good portion of our trip and she wanted to try The Crunch Chicken. I agreed to meet up with her after careful review. Turns out she was okay. My review was dead on and we are very happy to have got to meet her/know her.

After Planet Hollywood we said out goodbyes and discussed meeting up again and that was that. Nick dropped us off and I dragged Colleen back to the lake at Sports that I wanted to fish at. First we stopped at "The Tennis Court" because I wanted to get a picture of Donald with a new friend next to him...

WDW_6245_1.jpg

After seeing the lake we walked back through the lobby for some stupid reason...

WDW_6261.jpg

Here are a few room shots...

WDW_6253.jpg

WDW_6254.jpg

That concludes the first night....

More to come!

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

What if it was me doing that though?:cool:

Ohhhh, well in THAT case.... :rolleyes:

I agree with the whole not disciplining your kids because of what people will think thing. I got my bottom smacked as a kid. And guess what... I turned out fine (for the most part... lol) When standing in line for Philharmagic last November, there was a kid doing flips or something around the bar when you walk in... My 10 year old cousin was standing beside me and got kicked in the face by this kid. the parents stood there and watched it happen. Once their kid was rightside up again, he starrted crying because my cousin "hurt his foot".. they started babying him and glaring at my cousin for hurting their precious little boy (who now had a welt on her cheek from this kids foot) They did not tell him to stop once. I imagine if he had actually gotten seriously hurt, they would have been the sue-happy kind and filed a suit. It took everything in me plus my mother grabbing my arm and yanking me away to not say something to the parents. I'm the type where if you run into me, try and cut me, talk during a show, etc.. you're going to hear from me. Not only at Disney, but anywhere.. The movies, a sporting event, etc... Just Saturday night I had to ask a child to stop kicking the back of my seat at a hockey game and, I was very polite about it, but the mother acted like I was Satan for saying "sweetie, can you please stop kicking my seat?".. Sorry but I don't enjoy my hockey games with a side of chair kicking, thanks.

With that said, excellent TR!! Your pics are awesome. Looks like you guys had great weather. But now that it's over... what am I going to do to occupy my hours at work...??? :cry: I suppose I could do some work.. or something.....

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ohhhh, well in THAT case.... :rolleyes:

I agree with the whole not disciplining your kids because of what people will think thing. I got my bottom smacked as a kid. And guess what... I turned out fine (for the most part... lol) When standing in line for Philharmagic last November, there was a kid doing flips or something around the bar when you walk in... My 10 year old cousin was standing beside me and got kicked in the face by this kid. the parents stood there and watched it happen. Once their kid was rightside up again, he starrted crying because my cousin "hurt his foot".. they started babying him and glaring at my cousin for hurting their precious little boy (who now had a welt on her cheek from this kids foot) They did not tell him to stop once. I imagine if he had actually gotten seriously hurt, they would have been the sue-happy kind and filed a suit. It took everything in me plus my mother grabbing my arm and yanking me away to not say something to the parents. I'm the type where if you run into me, try and cut me, talk during a show, etc.. you're going to hear from me. Not only at Disney, but anywhere.. The movies, a sporting event, etc... Just Saturday night I had to ask a child to stop kicking the back of my seat at a hockey game and, I was very polite about it, but the mother acted like I was Satan for saying "sweetie, can you please stop kicking my seat?".. Sorry but I don't enjoy my hockey games with a side of chair kicking, thanks.

With that said, excellent TR!! Your pics are awesome. Looks like you guys had great weather. But now that it's over... what am I going to do to occupy my hours at work...??? :cry: I suppose I could do some work.. or something.....

This is exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about. Not your "normal" crying or just being "bad" if you will...but all this over the top stuff, and these sissyfied parents.

Thanks for the compliments and following the report for so long!

tizzo

I agree with the whole not disciplining your kids because of what people will think thing. I got my bottom smacked as a kid. And guess what... I turned out fine (for the most part... lol) When standing in line for Philharmagic last November, there was a kid doing flips or something around the bar when you walk in... My 10 year old cousin was standing beside me and got kicked in the face by this kid. the parents stood there and watched it happen...

If it's any consolation, there will almost certainly come a day when these parents are dependent on their kids for something. What goes around does, as they say, come around.

TakeMeThere81

ok so I had to quit after Day 4 and go ahead and comment! I will have to finish the rest later.

I love that you took a picture of the kiosk with maps. I think that is something we see a ton during our trips, but I never thought to take a picture of it. Nice work.

Those matching t-shirts were stupid, I will just say it. Matching t-shirts can be great, but honestly, I never even consider them, especially with kids' names on them? I know WDW is a happy place and all but putting your kid's name on a t-shirt is like giving pedophiles an invitation to try stalking your kid. They already know their name!

Now China is something I was looking forward to seeing. It would mark the first time we saw the movie here and I was pretty geeked to get some god pictures of the Tomb Warriors. I think I had success in that area...
I love the guy who looks like he is yelling something, or maybe he is singing..."How do you dooooooooo"
HYou totally had success! Those pictures are great!! And I totally get what you mean with the one soldier with his mouth open! Funny!! I like to believe he is an Oregon Ducks fan and he's saying, "Go OOOOOOOO!!" Ha!

Love your close-up of the miniature train station. Very cool aspect.

MK...loved your hitchhiking ghosts pic! And your fireworks pics throughout are excellent!

Enjoyed hearing about Star Tours, one of my favorites. I wish they would make the whole area just a bit bigger though. It seems like no matter where you stand in "Star Tours Area", you will still see either Muppets or Indy. :-/ Loved the picture of Colleen over there, she's got like 4 people looking like hre like she's the crazy one!

Let's see, what else? Loved the mossy statue pics @ ToT, the new Merch pics @ MK and your pics from Buzz were sweet! I also enjoyed the ones as the sun was going down...it's probably my favorite time of the day.

Ok, sorry for the long post, there's lots of details. But all in all, great report(so far...I have not finished it yet!)

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Brilliant report dude, brilliant!

Totally agree with your comments on bratty kids. I've said it once and I will say it again....

You should not be allowed on WDW property if you are...
A) Under 21 and B) Unable to score 100% on a history & back story exam of WDW world 71 to Present....

You think I'm Joking ;)

Sarabell

Wow! great TR as always and I absolutely love your pics!

I can see you had a great time and I agree with you when you say you were glad it was just Coleen and you. I had the best time with my mom and sister. I loved not having to put up with anyone else. If my mom complaints that she´s tired and wants to leave I will leave with her, she´s my mom. If anyone else is with me and says they´re too tired, well go ahead and leave by yourself. I´ll stay here having fun.

I agree with most of your final thoughts. I´m not from the US and have never lived in the US, but I agree that some people just need to learn how to behave or definitely need to teach their kids how to do it. We ran into a lot of people that would really make us feel embarrassed. The ones who act like they don´t speak english when approached by CMs just get on my nerves. We actually ran into a family of sapnish speaking people who were acting like idiots and a CM told them to please stop. Off course they acted like they spoke no english. I wanted to smack them on the face so I told the CM ¨don´t worry, I speak spanish, I´ll translate for you¨and told them what the CM was saying. They wanted to kill me, but I wanted to kill them even more. It was soo funny!

I hope you keep up the good work with your picture taking. You have really improved! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Guests:

Wow...can people you see for 30 seconds in a day really make you want to just punch 34 people in the face?

People are so unbelievably rude, ignorant and inconsiderate. I do not care where you're from. if it's America, Brazil, the UK or wherever. The park is not yours. You do not own the park. You and your idiot families are not the only guests in the park. It's just crazy to me the way people were "picking on" CM's. It was beyond people just being rude...they were in a state of bullying almost.

People leaving garbage everywhere...Smoking everywhere. It was just insane.

The foreigners were especially out of control. I know some of you on here are not from The States. I am not going to hold you accountable here because I am sure from you being on here you are aware of "manners" and such. If this does offend you...then you're probably the jerks who I am complaining about. I understand that different countries do things differently than we do here. That is fine. I am not knocking them for that. However... YOU ARE IN AMERICA. If I was going to go to a different country for a week or 2...you better believe that I am going to freshen myself up on things that are custom, and how the people there act. You can bet your last dollar that you will not catch me over there making myself look like a fool.

The language...Yes we all know that you do not speak English...BUT that does not mean you have to talk like you learned how to whisper in a helicopter. Everywhere...especially the resort, it was AWFUL. Just adults, and kids SCREAMING to each other in a different language. You are right next to each other SHUT THE F UP. :mad: I don't care if your foreign or local...there is NO need for all that.

Ignorance is bliss...I love standing in line with a group of people who are speaking perfect English...but they are not American. However when they are flashing their camera on dark rides and someone says something to them, they no longer speak English. Unreal. I just want to go to that glass shop on Main Street, buy a $600 sword and stab someone in the ear hole with it.

People just do not follow rules...

Can I just say that I think I love you? As you know, we don't usually go to WDW when it's hot. Warm? Yes. Hot? No. Last month was our first time for that experience. I thought it really contributed to our lack of tolerance for the poor behavior of the people around us or magnified the irritation we felt. If it were isolotated experiences then I don't think it would be anything other than a "Wow, did you see that jerk?" moment but when it's at every turn after a few hours you want to walk around with a stick just whackin' people. There is no excuse for the inconsideration of others. That has not a damned thing to do with age, race, nationality, or what language you speak or don't speak. At the end of the day we're all human beings. It's not too much to ask for people to act like decent human beings. That applies to every aggravation you mentioned! We're sooooo right there with you!

The biggest one here is the flash photography on rides in the dark. I seriously hope that a satellite would fall from space and land right on your face. No lies. It's THAT annoying. If you are alone on a ride or whatever...go for it. Stay in the parks late so you can go last and flash away. But you know the rule. You read the sign. You heard them tell you before your ship set sail on Pirates. Nobody want to be in the dark and have a flash going on in front of behind them every 7 seconds. For real man...right on your face from space.

Trying to cut in line. I was not having it. This goes on more than people are aware I think. Especially at The water parks. I don't really eve care that I have to wait maybe an extra 20 seconds to get on a ride cause you cut...it's the fact that you think you are entitled to cut the line because someone you know is up there. Let alone you just try and walk by everyone like it's your right to be up there with them. No I aint having it. You are not getting by me. Its the principle. If you said excuse me can I get in my family is up there. I would have no issue. But there is no chance you're knocking me over and not saying sorry so you can cut the line.

OMG! Yes! The flash photography in dark rides was insane!!!! I don't think we rode any dark ride without it last month. So stinkin' aggravating! The fact that they do it without consideration for others' ride experiences is one thing. The fact these people feel like they are above the rules makes it even worse. But there's more that most people don't even realize!!! Not everyone's eyes work perfectly. For some people it takes time for their eyes to adjust to the dark so they can see. The sudden flash blinds them then it takes a while for the eyes to adjust again. Hello! That blinding flash can be painful! What's more, people should realize that flashes like that can induce seizures in people who may never have had one before in their life. It's not just a matter of ruining someone's ride; flash photo jerks could potentially ruin someone's entire vacation. A person who's never had a seizure before who suddenly has one is going to the hospital and will likely be there a good while for testing. I totally want to pound these people who take flash pics in rides. We were on CoP by ourselves. There wasn't another person in our theater with us. At the beginning of the show they said no photography of any kind. They didn't say flash photography. They said any kind. I was going to take pics without flash with my iPhone but when the CM said that I promptly put my phone away. End of story. They said it and I didn't question it. I just followed the rules/requests. Is it that stinkin' hard for people to listen????

Line cutters. Amen. Give me the consideration of saying "excuse me" and I'm cool. No problem. Stuff happens and sometimes the situtation comes up. Shove past me or act like you're too good to stand with the rest of the world and the block will go up. Not having it.

Kids:

Parents you need to discipline your kids. I don't really care WHAT you have to do. If you have to go behind a wall and beat the tar out of them, or just go back to the room. Do it. Just because you built a tolerance to your child acting like an idiot does not mean that the rest of us have. We were walking through Italy and some little idiot kid is running around with his stroller pushing it through people and ran over Colleen's friends foot. They watched it and said NOTHING. So I stopped and walked over and yelled oh she is okay...don't worry. The father looked at me and said whats the problem. I said oh yeah my bad...god forbid little Tommy does not get to run around like an idiot and do what he wants, and just walked away. I can't tell you how many times kids are standing by me and in crowds swinging swords and I just look at the parents with the look like "You know that thing is getting broken if it touches me"

Colleen and I were raised that we are not going to act that way in public. Colleens mother would have taken her home, my parents would have pounded me. I am not sitting here saying we were angels, but if we went somewhere...we knew our place and our parents weren't going to let us let them look like idiots. Because after all the kid is being a kid...you are the one who looks like an idiot.

Ugh. Yeeeeees. I'm with you. My boys were amazed and commented frequently on the poor behavior of other kids they frequently witnessed. Little ones right up to teens their age, doesn't matter. They'd say, "Wow, Mom, if I did that you'd have killed me!" ~or~ "Holy cow! What would you have done if I did that?!" This always sparked conversations about why or how kids act that way. I cannot tell you the amount of crap Tracey & I used to catch when we were so strict on our boys when they were really little. We started from day 1. Seriously. When the boys were in diapers crawling if they crawled over and showed interest an electrical socket we'd give 'em a stern "NO!" If they continued to show interest and/or didn't listen we'd pop 'em on the butt. We didn't hurt them, it was more noise and effect than anything. They learned that if Mom & Dad said "no" then it meant "no". There was no testing of just how firm that "no" was. The key is consistancy. If you let kids get by with something, even minor inconsequential things, even once they will remember that. They will know that there's that one little chance they will get by. Consistancy, folks. If you want your kids to do as they are told from day 1 without fail you have to back up what you say 100% of the time. Like I said, we caught crap from Tracey's brother & sister sooooo much because they thought we were absolutely cruel to our boys. But ya know what? A couple years later when we were all sitting in a restaurant, their kids were all running around like frickin' animals, they were frustrated with their kids, and our boys were sitting in their seats coloring quietly we saw the fruits of our efforts paying off. Ours didn't do that crap because they knew if they did it was going to be an immediate trip out to the car where there were no witnesses. Ask our boys now if they think they were mistreated? Nope. Even now if I have to get onto them it doesn't turn into the insane fights they have with their teenagers ((knock on wood)) because they know this is totally pointless. There's no chance they'll get by with some stupid teenage crap. None. A couple days ago I popped Chandler's leg for teasing his brother in the car after I told him to stop running his mouth. Was he mad at me in the moment? Yep. After he cooled off and we talked about what he did he understood why I did it and that was that.

I think the un-PC-ness with "spanking" is straight-up ignorant. I don't think parents need to run around beating their kids for every little thing. However, if these people had commanded their kids respect from the get-go they wouldn't have the severe behavior issues down the road either. Especially when kids get older parents have to be creative to find punishments that are both effective and appropriate. They have to be willing to consistantly put forth the effort, tho. Believe me, there's plenty of times I had the conscious thought that I didn't even want to deal with something as dumb as one of the boys tossing a ball down the steps when they know that's not aloud in the house. But not getting off my butt wasn't going to do any of us any favors next time. If I had let it go there would certainly be a next time.

I remember once in a Sam's Chandler kept trying to stand up in the seat of the shopping cart. We kept telling him no and he kept fighting it. Finally Tracey popped his butt and sat him down. A lady had the gall to walk over and tell Tracey he was wrong to strike that baby (he was 2 at the time). Tracey didn't miss a beat and I'll never forget it. He looked her dead in the eye and said, "Okay, ma'am. Wait right here while I run to the house and pack up his stuff for you since you think you're going to do a better job raising him. He cannot stand up in the cart. He could fall out of the thing and be seriously hurt. Have a nice day." :wave:

At WDW the little animals of the Earth whose parents don't feel like puting forth the effort to do their jobs drive me insane. In-frickin'-sane. So much of it just blows my mind. And apparently my kids', too. :cool:

Wow I almost forgot this one...if you've even been in a show and someone stepped all over you, and "accidentally" hit you in the face with his camera/tripod bag...That was me. You're supposed to keep moving, not stop in the middle so your 6 month old has a better seat.

I step/stomp on toes as I pass while whackin' these dumbies with my bag that I'm carrying. Oh yes. It's my pleasure to handle-up on those who think they are entitled to the middle seats. You know, I don't like being stuck out on the ends with the less-good view of the shows either. Here's a tip: If you want to be in the middle of a row stand back and don't rush into the stinkin' theater when the doors open pushing and shoving like it's a competition. Hang back and watch the rows. When the time is right position yourself to enter the row. :hammer:

Other than that...We DID have a great time. It was so much fun being there alone with Colleen everyday and not really having anyone else on vacation with us. Normally someone is always joining us at some point...it's not a bad thing. It was just really nice being us two.

I feel ya on this one. We always have people along at some point in our trips, too. The boys have gotten where they are asking us to NOT invite anyone to join us. They like the alone-time with just our little family. Imagine that! Here's the 2 little people we supposedly tortured for years on end with our relentless rules and discipline and they want to spend quality time with us. Can't say the same about my nieces and nephews with their parents. :cool:

There I am done. And before Wednesday too! I am sure I will remember things and add to this...I am also sure someone will get their panties in a bunch and I will defend what I have said. Before you do though. Just remember that you're not going to change my feelings. Saying "wait till you have kids" won't change my feelings either. When I do have kids there is not chance I am taking them with us until they are able to walk themselves. I am not pushing strollers, or carry ANYTHING around all day. I hated carrying my 2 pound camera around all day let alone a child. If I do end up doing all the above some day then I am an idiot and you can call me one. Until that happens I stand by what I said! :king:

I totally see where you're coming from on the not wanting to take your future kiddos until they're walking age. We did this with our boys. I just couldn't fathom pushing a stroller. However, I can honestly say that the only regret I have ever had as far as Disney with my own children is that I didn't take them when they were 3-4-5 years old. Even babies like 9 months or so. Seriously. I see other little ones in the parks, on rides, at character meals, etc. and the expressions on their faces or how they react is just priceless. Seeing the things we do thru their eyes and imagining what that is like for them is amazing. I wish I had done it with my boys. I really do. Unfortunately, that's a time in their lives I'll never get back. It was a one-shot deal. When I hear people say "not until they are walking" as we did I try to share this one regret we have. Maybe it's worth at least not closing your mind entirely to before you're in that time in your childrens' lives. Even if you went and it ended up being a total disaster, at the very least you'd not have the regret I do of at least giving it a shot. Right? And, no, I'm totally not trying to change your perspective there. Just adding a little food for thought. :animwink:

This makes me never want to hold another railing. Ever. Anywhere. Ewww. Just ewww.

This was my thought exactly! :lol: After the first "ewwww" moment I was left wondering: "Got an itch you don't want to scratch? This is no less embarrassing, fella!"

Fantastic report, John. I think Tom nailed it. Your reports have very much evolved and grow more entertaining as each comes out. Your writing style fun to say the very least. You definitely put to words the things that a lot of people have run thru their brains but either can't express it as well in the moment or feel like they shouldn't. The honestly in your trip reporting is refreshing which is something I totally appreciate. Love the photos. You're really rockin' that camera and, more importantly, seem to be enjoying it. Good job.

I officially give this report a solid 2 thumbs-up. Can't wait for next year! :sohappy:

TheMouseFan

I agree with everything that is being said. We just returned on Saturday from our latest trip and the thing that annoyed me the most was the rudeness of people on the bus. I couldn't believe how many people didn't offer to get up and let someone holding a baby or toddler sit down. I don't know how many times I commented to my husband about the amount of 2, 3, and 4 year olds who had their own seat on totally packed buses at the end of the night. One time a man even took up a seat with his backpack and a stroller while the rest of us stood there looking at him. If it had been a time when I had the kids with me, I definitely would have said something to him. Having said that, there were several instances where folks did get up for an older couple or for people with kids, but I just don't understand the sense of entitlement that people have today!:shrug:

PartOfYourWorld

I definitely agree with you about the kids. When I was there the last week of September, I walked by a couple of 5/6 year olds pushing...wait running..around with strollers banging into each other, and one almost knocked me over. I turned around and yelled at them (I forgot what I said) but they didn't care and I had no idea where their parents were.

Also, I noticed alot of people taking flash pictures on dark rides. One ruined my nice ride of POTC also. Wish I could have had the nerve to say something.

Enjoyed your report and I loved the picture from atop of Splash Mountain where you are about to go down the hill and you see the castle. It was beautiful! :sohappy:

TakeMeThere81

Absorbent and yellow and pourous is he!

LOL my thoughts exactly!! Seriously, I guess self awareness isn't for everyone. She definitely deserved to get her picture taken!

(From your SE pictures)
"Did you leave the seat up?"

"No."

"Okay, yeah...it was me."

LOL I love this caption!!!

A little live action from The Shark Reef...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJUP4x9B9GI

Great video and pics from Shark Reef!

Haha I saw this pin and IMMEDIATELY sent to via MMS to ALL of my black friends. This was a task. I play in a black softball league so I have a TON of people that I "needed" to send this too. The general response that I got back was..."You stupid"

WDW_9665_1.jpg

LMAO!!!

Ok, you know this picture needs a caption!!!

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the inside of Coral Reef, and we've never eaten there. I know reviews have placed the food quality at just "so-so" but we're definitely puting this place on our list, if nothing more than for the atmosphere. It looks so cool!

Love this pic!

Love this Morocco Shot!!^^^^

And OMG this picture of the guy at Teppan Edo is classic! What a great catch! LOL!!!

I also loved your Illuminations pics!

Beautiful colors!

I love the pics I have seen of this resort. We have 3 boys, and our eldest is quite a sports-fan/player, most specifically football. We have to stay here sometime, they will be blown away!

Then there was this Hipster getting his "rocks" off by grinding on the railing in the waiting line...

WD2_2082_1.jpg
Oh my good Lord in Heaven!! WTH?!? Why would anyone do anything remotely resembling that?!? Ewwww, I feel like I need a shower...

On your final thoughts...I had to agree with every part. Especially the "if I stepped on you or smacked you with my camera case because you stopped and sat down in the middle of the row after being told to move all the way across your row" (paraphrasing)...that is the MOST annoying thing!! Now granted if there are very few people waiting in the holding area in a show like The American Adventure and it is obvious there won't be very many guests...we'll take a middle seat. Otherwise for gosh's sakes, MOVE ACROSS!!!

Unruly kids...I agree, parents who don't get control over their kids are just irritating and downright irresponsible. It would be great to think that because you are "on vacation" that you could also be "on vacation" with disciplining your kids. But unfortunately in doing so you ruin others' vacations...Let's just say at home our kids have a "friend" named Mr. Spanky. He's a wooden spoon with a sad face drawn on him with a Sharpie. 'Nough said.

Great report!! Epic! I can't believe I finally finished it! Phew!

EmilyCaroline

great trip report and amazing photos! Love the ones of the castle show
I was there at the same time as you and i have to agree with you about the flash on dark rides. I have epilepsy so this isn't just annoying for me its incredibly dangerous.
And in the end I did lose it just a little bit and ended up shouting at some girls on haunted mansion but to be fair it worked and they stopped.

Saoirse1916

Kids:

Parents you need to discipline your kids. I don't really care WHAT you have to do. If you have to go behind a wall and beat the tar out of them, or just go back to the room. Do it.
Werd2abc.gif

While I agree with everything you included in your wrap up, I had to throw my 2 cents on this one in particular. We have made a point of teaching our 4 year old daughter manners from the first moment we figured she could understand what we were saying to her. I can remember two specific times when, in public, she got nutty and tried doing stupid stuff like yelling or getting out of her chair and running around at a restaurant -- we took her outside and she got a red ______.

People often comment to us "wow she is so polite, what manners!" and, though I'm proud of that to a degree, I'm also amazed at how evidently uncommon that behavior is. It's not difficult, you just have to give a crap.

At WDW in particular, we had one near-meltdown where she started whining and complaining while we were in line to take the ferry from the MK back to the Contemporary for a nap. She pitched a fit so we picked her up and walked back, much to her dismay. No whining the next day.

My wife gets fairly irritated when other parents let their kids run around and do dumb stuff because we can see our daughter watching them and then looking at us wondering why she can't do things like that. I take great delight in saying a bit too loudly, "those kids are dumb, honey. They're going to run into someone and break something or make other people mad. You're not dumb and that's why you don't do stuff like that." It makes me happy and it makes her realize that we don't invent rules just to be a pain and ruin her day but to keep her safe and to be respectful of others.

Anyway, awesome TR, thanks for the entertainment!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Werd2abc.gif

While I agree with everything you included in your wrap up, I had to throw my 2 cents on this one in particular. We have made a point of teaching our 4 year old daughter manners from the first moment we figured she could understand what we were saying to her. I can remember two specific times when, in public, she got nutty and tried doing stupid stuff like yelling or getting out of her chair and running around at a restaurant -- we took her outside and she got a red ______.

People often comment to us "wow she is so polite, what manners!" and, though I'm proud of that to a degree, I'm also amazed at how evidently uncommon that behavior is. It's not difficult, you just have to give a crap.

At WDW in particular, we had one near-meltdown where she started whining and complaining while we were in line to take the ferry from the MK back to the Contemporary for a nap. She pitched a fit so we picked her up and walked back, much to her dismay. No whining the next day.

My wife gets fairly irritated when other parents let their kids run around and do dumb stuff because we can see our daughter watching them and then looking at us wondering why she can't do things like that. I take great delight in saying a bit too loudly, "those kids are dumb, honey. They're going to run into someone and break something or make other people mad. You're not dumb and that's why you don't do stuff like that." It makes me happy and it makes her realize that we don't invent rules just to be a pain and ruin her day but to keep her safe and to be respectful of others.

Anyway, awesome TR, thanks for the entertainment!

I have NO idea what your icon means but congrats on doing things the right way with your child. :sohappy:

It's a shame that I even have to congratulate you for doing something that everyone should naturally do.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay...the smiley looked unhappy. I thought you were going to be mad and when I read your post I was confused. Haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom