Trip Report *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Food Update here *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Wow, so I am just digging in here on this thing. Picture editing, camera issues, and pure laziness has had this on delay.

Before I get started though I want to say thanks to Tom (WDWFigment). He really has helped me in so many ways with camera questions, photoshop, lens stuff. Anything I asked he has been great and always willing to take a phone call from a disgruntled "photographer". Pretty much any great or good pictures you see...he knowing, or unknowingly had a hand in there some how. So in all seriousness...thanks bud.

Now a little bit about my upcoming trip (that already happened)...

Travel Dates were August 25th through September 7th.

We have a 6:30pm flight to leave Pittsburgh.

The stars of this show will be my fiance Colleen, and myself. There will be some guest appearances but you guys only are here because of me so screw them. HAHA no we will get to them once their spot come up.

Leading up to this trip the time FLEW BY. 1 year went by so fast that it's pretty crazy when I sit back and think about where all that time went. It seemed like 180 days was here in an instant. Then 100 days, then before I know it my Magical Express and Vouchers are in my mail box. Then I am on the airplane...

WDW_6184_1.jpg

The flight was pretty interesting to say the least. I am not the most relaxed person so to speak when on an airplane. It's not my most favorite thing in the world to take part in...flying, that is. We were flying down as the Hurricane was flying up. So winds in Orlando were pretty wild, and the flight was pretty bumpy. Nothing CRAZY but still...the more smooth the better. With that said the captain kept giving us weather updates for Orlando saying it was windy and raining. We flew right in and touched down and there was no wind or rain. I was very happy about that.

So we exit the plane and walk over to the tram and this greets me...

WDW_6200.jpg

Yeah so now I am pretty amped up at this point and I am starting to get that feeling that "Okay...we are here"

So off the tram and down to the Magical Express area. Now anyone who "knows" me or read my trip before you know that I am a huge fan of taking pictures of people who are doing weird things, wearing odd clothes, or speedos. Some of you are fans of it and some of you are not. I have said time and time that I do not look for this, if it presents itself I will snap it and so on. Well we are not even in line yet and something crazy presents itself...

WDW_6203_1.jpg

Yeah this lady was dragging her child around on her luggage through the whole first level of the airport. Aint that like half a mile, or does it just seem like it? Anyways for the most part that is pretty much the only "people pics" I got. There are 2 or 3 more so I am sure that will have some of you on the edge of your seat biting your toe nails...

Anyways back to the adventure...

WDW_6204_1.jpg

We are on the bus!!!

WDW_6216_1.jpg

WDW_6221.jpg

We arrived at All Star Sports and Nick was waiting for us at the front door. I quickly said what's up and ran to check in before everyone else. Online check in this time was pretty shocking. I walked up to the counter and everything was ready. Dude basically handed my packet and room keys and basically was like "peace dude". I was like ummm is that it?

Our room was located right on the first building outside the cafe on the left. Touchdown something...I forget. But to my surprised the football field was all fenced off. I am immediately ed. I go look and they have new turf down, painted plays all over the field. It looked pretty much like it was almost finished so I calmed down a bit. So we went to our room, put our carry on bags down and headed out the door to go to Planet Hollywood and to meet up with a buddy! We got to Planet Hollywood where we met up with Karen (MillerPoppins) who just happened to be hanging out in Orlando while we were there! Prior to leaving she messaged me and told me she would be down there for a good portion of our trip and she wanted to try The Crunch Chicken. I agreed to meet up with her after careful review. Turns out she was okay. My review was dead on and we are very happy to have got to meet her/know her.

After Planet Hollywood we said out goodbyes and discussed meeting up again and that was that. Nick dropped us off and I dragged Colleen back to the lake at Sports that I wanted to fish at. First we stopped at "The Tennis Court" because I wanted to get a picture of Donald with a new friend next to him...

WDW_6245_1.jpg

After seeing the lake we walked back through the lobby for some stupid reason...

WDW_6261.jpg

Here are a few room shots...

WDW_6253.jpg

WDW_6254.jpg

That concludes the first night....

More to come!

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Shouldn't you be busy writing a new report? Editing pictures?

You calm down.

Surprisingly you'll have a little something for you in the report on day 1! Day one has been written. Just waiting on final editing on my pictures. I want to get them right.

Plus I had to write a warning at the beginning. Haha

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if a warning is a good or bad sign but I'm interested nonetheless.

Well...the good thing is everything I'm warning people of you WONT find offensive or get mad over when I discuss other guess stupidity and rudeness.

At first when I got home and realized I had take 3,444 photos I didn't want to even write a report. But at work I figured I'd type a bit and see where it went and it just started flowing. It'll be posted and be a work in progress. I rushed this one. I want to take my time with this one and kinda live through it for a while since I won't be back until Aug or Sept.

sweetpee_1993

Well...the good thing is everything I'm warning people of you WONT find offensive or get mad over when I discuss other guess stupidity and rudeness.

At first when I got home and realized I had take 3,444 photos I didn't want to even write a report. But at work I figured I'd type a bit and see where it went and it just started flowing. It'll be posted and be a work in progress. I rushed this one. I want to take my time with this one and kinda live through it for a while since I won't be back until Aug or Sept.
Swear to you, every trip I say I'm not going to write a report but then I do. Hell, I didn't even take notes for my September adventures and still wrote something. I enjoy it to some extent. If nobody ever read it I'd still write it. Its part of my post travel process now. Weird.

Nah, you won't offend me. I think mostly its because the stuff you say is largely the same stuff my old man says with expletives interwoven that I typically shoosh him, smack him, or laugh at him for. Other guests are so whack all too often nowadays. Ugh!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Swear to you, every trip I say I'm not going to write a report but then I do. Hell, I didn't even take notes for my September adventures and still wrote something. I enjoy it to some extent. If nobody ever read it I'd still write it. Its part of my post travel process now. Weird.

Nah, you won't offend me. I think mostly its because the stuff you say is largely the same stuff my old man says with expletives interwoven that I typically shoosh him, smack him, or laugh at him for. Other guests are so whack all too often nowadays. Ugh!

Yeah I was going to do one regardless but did not know when or really did not have desire to start it. I just started the one day at work and it worked and I enjoyed it.

I swear all the time and I really try and I am successful for the most part at not doing it there...no matter how bad someone gets to me, or steps on me...

I will even give you a little preview to something that happened at Typhoon Lagoon.

We were leaving and this idiot guy was walking on a narrow path in front of me with his family. He was walking but at the same time he would like kick his feet into the ground with each step cause him to move slow as a snail. So I shoved my way in front of him and started doing the same thing. Well guess what? He did not enjoy someone in front of him walking like that so each time he tried to move around me I moved that way as well. Finally when he let out a sigh I turned around and said "Oh what? You don't like when people walk in front of you like that and hold you up? It's pretty stupid and ignorant right? Now you know how we felt behind you while you were walking like you were 4 years old." He just stood there and I think he realized how annoying he really was being.

It was our 13th day...I think at that point I had had it with people being oblivious to anyone and everything around them. Man...your husband and I really need to spend a day in the parks together. We'd probably end up banned for life...or heroes to every CM that wants to punch a guest in the face.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Kids:

Parents you need to discipline your kids. I don't really care WHAT you have to do. If you have to go behind a wall and beat the tar out of them, or just go back to the room. Do it. Just because you built a tolerance to your child acting like an idiot does not mean that the rest of us have. We were walking through Italy and some little idiot kid is running around with his stroller pushing it through people and ran over Colleen's friends foot. They watched it and said NOTHING. So I stopped and walked over and yelled oh she is okay...don't worry. The father looked at me and said whats the problem. I said oh yeah my bad...god forbid little Tommy does not get to run around like an idiot and do what he wants, and just walked away. I can't tell you how many times kids are standing by me and in crowds swinging swords and I just look at the parents with the look like "You know that thing is getting broken if it touches me"

Can I get an AMEN??? .

People's children (not all of them) are horrible now-a-days and it's not just at Disney. My best friend's child is a complete brat - but when I yell at her - I get dirty looks from her mom because I'm not a parent. I will NOT tolerate bratty kids and just like you - if they hit me with something while in line or whatever - it's gonna get broken.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Can I get an AMEN??? .

People's children (not all of them) are horrible now-a-days and it's not just at Disney. My best friend's child is a complete brat - but when I yell at her - I get dirty looks from her mom because I'm not a parent. I will NOT tolerate bratty kids and just like you - if they hit me with something while in line or whatever - it's gonna get broken.

I would be so embarrassed if I were these people but they could care less.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The update from yesterday and the photo views sent me over my bandwidth limit with photobucket. So anyone trying to view this last night...sorry about the link errors. I had to upgrade my account. Everything is working now!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay so I am just gonna copy and paste the food report info and photos here because @bmarkelon ripped my face off over it...So with that said here we go...

Planet Hollywood.

My first Coke of the year in Disney World. Disney World has THE best fountain coke. It is the only place where I drink soda or as us people in Pittsburgh call it...Pop!

WDW_6235.jpg

Here is the chicken...

WDW_6237.jpg

WDW_6236.jpg

Total $69.93 but all my extra Planet Hollywood Vouchers covered it. I think we owed like $5 after they were all redeemed.

Sunshine Seasons.
This place has for sure gone under a change...at least on the grill side of things. I never got anything from the other 2 or 3 stands they have here. I used to crush the salmon with double mashed potatoes and the Au Jus Sauce that came seperate from one of the other items there. Now it's the catch of the day, with some chunky sauce/topping. It's good...but the catch, and the sauce are not what they were.

Here is my Catch Of The Day...

WDW_6278.jpg

WDW_6280.jpg

Here is Colleen's Seared Tuna, which she loved. I hate that cold fish...

WDW_6276.jpg

We also both got...

WDW_6279.jpg

Total $35.73

Don't get me wrong by my description of SG...It's still great. The items I used to get are just gone and the new stuff is not as good.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Up next is Via Napoli. LOVE this place. Last year our service was just okay and the girl barebly spoke understandable English. This year we have two guys. One was about to leave cause his program was up and the other was in training. They were both VERY good and some other guy was walking around and filled our Cokes about 32 times in 1 hour. Staff was VERY alert and very good.

Via Napoli.

WDW_6438.jpg

WDW_6439.jpg

Here is my Pepperoni Pizza with Extra Cheese!!!

WDW_6447.jpg

WDW_6449.jpg

Colleen's Margherita Pizza.

WDW_6445.jpg

Colleen's special Birthday Dessert.

WDW_6460.jpg

Colleen's Tiramisu.

WDW_6461.jpg

WDW_6464.jpg

My Gelato Frizzante. Did not really know if I was gonna enjoy this one but it was GREAT!

WDW_6463.jpg

WDW_6465.jpg

Total $54.32

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Our first of four...yes FOUR trips to Le Cellier Steakhouse. I always tell people that it is the best steak or food that I have ever ate. This visit would top even that somehow? One bite in and Colleen and I both looked at each other in shock. Not only was just the beef itself amazing, but the sauce, mushrooms...just to die for.

Le Cellier Steakhouse

The amazing Pretzel Breads first apperance in this report...

WDW_6906.jpg

My Mushroom Filet with Roasted Potatoes.

WDW_6909.jpg

WDW_6912.jpg

Colleen's still moo'ing Musroom Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes.

WDW_6910.jpg

And for the disturbing factor of the trip. They changed the chocolate cake to this little bar style cake. You used to get an elaborate slice of cake. No idea why the messed with it at all. Still very good...just VERY small now.

Here is our desserts.

Chocolate "Moose" and Chocolate-on-Chocolate Whiskey Cake.

WDW_6916.jpg

Here are some pictures from the dessert viewing table...

The Maple Creme Brulee.

WDW_6920.jpg

The No Sugar Chocolate Mousse.

WDW_6925.jpg

Errrrr can't remember what this was called.

WDW_6926.jpg

The Seasonal Sorbet.

WDW_6928.jpg

Drinks...

WDW_6924.jpg

Total $78.11

TONS more to come...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom