Food money saving tip

DeBenson

Original Poster
I just finished a GREAT WDW vacation and learned a few tips. If you are staying on property and going to Magic Kingdom or Epcot, instead of dining at the resort, go to the Car Care Center outside of the Transportation and Ticket Center. There is a Hess convenience store in there with great pizza, subs, and sandwiches that are about half the price of Disney pavilions

We went for the night of joy a few years back and upon leaving decided to get a drink for the ride home. I was pleasently surprised on the prices as they were extremely reasonable. defenatly a good idea!

heartodisney

HMMMM...I have passed by that place many a time, guess I was focused on so many other things! Hope this does not get out too much and "prices" go up! Thanks!

Rob562

The Hess station by the Boardwalk should have a comparable selection, though I've never been in there, so I don't know for sure. (the store looks smaller than the one at the CCC). It can be reached by walking to the far corner of the Boardwalk parking lot and using the crosswalk to cross over to it.

-Rob

DisneyCanadian

One thing I found helpful so as not to waste a counter or table service meal from my dining plan, was use a snack and get a yogurt parfait for breakfast. I found it was a pretty big size and it was filling.

I got the parfait's from the POP food court area, other resorts should have them as well.

GuitarCrazyo

I am going to be in Saigon for the next 3 weeks and would like to know where I can find the best food over there.Any idea is highly appreciated

mikelangelo11

Well i am only learning to handle money and it isn't easy if you have never really been taught how. I am blessed to read your blog and other web sites on the subject. I am becoming completely transformed, and learning to do things that I never did before.

Agent1964fem

Are you flying or driving ? I always take little breakfast cereal boxes ( the little ones that come in a pack ) , pop tarts granola bars ... and buy milk in the resort it saves money for us when we go.

I got that tip several years ago off these boards ... thanks so much !

Wilderness Lodge 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans - Riverside 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2007
Polynesian 2009
Comtemporary 2011

mickey2008.1

I like the salad at the condiment bar:ROFLOL:we go every year, fly, so we pack small cereal boxes, candy, and small items for the kids. Once we get there, the first thing we always do is go to hess, its a $13 cab ride, and we stock up on water, pop, BEER, chips, donuts, ect.. We save a ton of $$$$$ just in water, totaly worth it.

stlbobby

One thing I found helpful so as not to waste a counter or table service meal from my dining plan, was use a snack and get a yogurt parfait for breakfast. I found it was a pretty big size and it was filling.

I got the parfait's from the POP food court area, other resorts should have them as well.

I've gotten them at Saratoga Springs. Sitting with my DF on our balcony relaxing with healthy parfaits one lazy morning is one of my favorite WDW memories.

Walle

I've brought my own bread and used the toaster in the food courts. I learned that tip when I saw another guest toasting a whole loaf of bread! I also brought the cereals that you can put milk in and milk too when I stay at POR. Saves on breakfast costs!! Bring your own cans of soda to save on soda prices.

SteamboatPilary

Food Tips

We sign up for the Disney Dining Plan each time we've come to WDW but sometimes a snack attack hits when we least expect it. We generally save our plan snacks for fresh fruit bowls in the park for a quick simple breakfast. To cut down on costs we've always packed an extra box of food/snacks to bring with us, but with the prices of checked bags now, our snack box for the upcoming trip will be modified greatly I'm sure.

One thing I've been thinking for our summer 2010 trip is to bring oatmeal packets and get the hot water in the hotel food court. We bring a pack of paper bowls and plates and get all plastic silverware we need from the food court.

OH! And something we've been amazed about is the price of a half gallon of milk (for morning cereal) and a loaf of bread (quick pb & j sandwiches) from our resort store (General Fulton's Store @ POR).. They're reasonably priced at only $2.50 -$3.00 each, and you know Disney could easily charge more and 'get away' with it!! Milk goes in the mini fridge and the bread goes in our snack box that sits on top of the table/ which begins to look like a mini kitchen because of all the food supplies. We also bring snacks like Trail mix and fruit leathers to stash in our day pack and refill our water bottles each night. Enjoy and most of all have FUN when at WDW!

OurDailyGruel

Which counter service has nutella packets in the condiment station? I read it on a Disney food blog recently ....

Before I decided against a food plan in favor of getting the Owner's Locker, I considered using the kid's credits on just the kid portions of fish and chips at Cook's of Dublin. Has anyone tried them?

SMS55

We usually take a cooler that we have in our room with sodas, water and lunch meat. My wife always has a small backpack with her so we make some sandwiches in the morning and that's what we eat for lunch. We'll snack if we get hungry and buy drinks when we are thirsty but that saves a whole bunch of money. I'm from Miami so we are only 3.5 hours and we always drive. There are also alot of restaurants in Kissimmee or the area of 192 west of World Drive. We've been to Disney alot of times and gotten the full experience before. We go several times a year so we'll try to save where we can so we can put money in the Disney fund for our next trip.

Blueskyze

My only complaint about the Hess was that there were no Pepsi products! We stocked up on Powerade and snacks there, but I was disappointed to find that there is no trace of a Pepsi product anywhere on Disney property. Diet Mt. Dew is my daily caffeine fix, so I will definitely be packing my own on the next trip! :)

Mrs.Skellington

We use to stay in a huge off-site villa with all of our family. They can sleep like 15 people. We would look for the cheapest and go with them. We never stayed in the house long enough to notice any problems anyway. We would also pack sandwiches and snacks. Also, everyone had their own personal water jug. We would fill them with water and by Kool-Aid packs for the kids for a change in taste. I can tell you that it would cost about 100 a person for house, gas to drive there, and food for the 8 nights. The biggest expense was the tickets.

Now, we are at the times in our lives where we can afford and like to splurge a little. So we stay on Disney and get the DDP. But, I still bring my water bottle and some snacks for the room. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom