Fog with Blackbeard not working on POTC

Rescue Ranger

Hope its working when I am there next Wednesday....wasn't working last when I last rode it in 2009. I hope Jones is also a part of it still...does it alternate between him and Black Beard?

misterID

Is Pirates in a condition that it needs an extensive refurb? Like when they were planning to extend it and add the outdoor scene, but it got shot down by TDO?

(kind of like Space Mountain's mega refurb that never happened?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is Pirates in a condition that it needs an extensive refurb? Like when they were planning to extend it and add the outdoor scene, but it got shot down by TDO?

It's in quite a mess. More needed to be done to the infrastructure than was done in the 2006 refurb and they've been trying to play catch up ever since.

The Duck

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not familiar with the proposed extension and outdoor scene. Could someone please enlighten me? Of course, I realize that this will probably never happen but I'm curious, nevertheless.

HMF

Working... not working... working... broken again.... working....

Is it just me, or is the same team that is responsible for the WDW website in charge of this effect? For God's sake - fix it, or shut it off - and put in something you can maintain.

Or better shut the Attraction down for an extensive refurb.

misterID

It's in quite a mess. More needed to be done to the infrastructure than was done in the 2006 refurb and they've been trying to play catch up ever since.

They may not have a choice but to do an extensive refurb, if that's the case. They have the land to extend it, but the question is, do they want to?

The Duck said:
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not familiar with the proposed extension and outdoor scene. Could someone please enlighten me? Of course, I realize that this will probably never happen but I'm curious, nevertheless.

Martin knows the details. From what I understand there was going to be an outdoor scene/section, like through some caves. I don't know if there was another drop planned, but I want to say yes? maybe? I can't remember... But Eddie Sotto talked about a planned refurb once that involved stuff like real fire coming out of the cannons and such. And I want to say at night it would have been a scarier ride, but I really can't remember, tbh.

SyracuseOrange

They may not have a choice but to do an extensive refurb, if that's the case. They have the land to extend it, but the question is, do they want to?

Martin knows the details. From what I understand there was going to be an outdoor scene/section, like through some caves. I don't know if there was another drop planned, but I want to say yes? maybe? I can't remember... But Eddie Sotto talked about a planned refurb once that involved stuff like real fire coming out of the cannons and such. And I want to say at night it would have been a scarier ride, but I really can't remember, tbh.

I would love for them to add more "scary" elements.

Lee

Adventurer
I would love for them to add more "scary" elements.

He addition of the scarier elements for night time ("Pirates of the Scaribbean") was only proposed for Disneyland.

The only extension of the ride that was proposed was to have the guests ride "up the waterfall" like at DL, leading into another small scene before a new unload area. Not a huge deal, but would have been a nice addition.

~An agent of SPIRITED change?:cool:~

Tip Top Club

Just to confirm, the effect (which is actually an updated version of the effect) is back on as permanently as things get at WDW. The waterfall effect is updated and looks great, but it looks like it's the same blurry projection we've had for a while.

Anyway, on with the Scaribbean talk!

SyracuseOrange

He addition of the scarier elements for night time ("Pirates of the Scaribbean") was only proposed for Disneyland.

The only extension of the ride that was proposed was to have the guests ride "up the waterfall" like at DL, leading into another small scene before a new unload area. Not a huge deal, but would have been a nice addition.

Thanks for the info.

misterID

Backwards?
No.
:lol:

Same ride, only with additional (scary) elements.

~An agent of SPIRITED change?~

I had about three proposed refurbs and one I apparantly made up all rolled into one. I've been on this site too long. :hammer:

Flip83

I was there early March. The waterfall/Blackbeard scene was fine. Visually. The audio on the other hand was the thing I thought was bad. It was low and unclear.

Did anyone find that 4th movie awful by the way? I LOVED the first 2. At Worlds End was good but entirely too long and it carried on. But the 4th I thought was just not well written, and probably made to just bring in the millions haha. Just my opinion

HMF

Backwards?
No.
:lol:

Same ride, only with additional (scary) elements.

~An agent of SPIRITED change?~

My recollection was that it would be the grotto sequence then the boats would take an alternate path behind the existing show scenes. Glad it did not go through because it would have hurt the notion that the Skeletons in the Grotto re in fact dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom