Fmingo36's Top 10 Favorite Things about Running the Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race

fmingo36

Original Poster
I really enjoyed this event (even if it was like running in a sauna) and I thought I would share this with you.

Fmingo36's Top 10 Favorite Things about Running the Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race

#10-Passing more runners than passed me

#9- Realizing at Mile 9, I only had 1 more mile to go, instead of 4.1 miles that I would have to run if I was running a 1/2 marathon

#8-Running in a elephant's graveyard

#7-Awesome spectators and voluntEARS cheering us along the course

#6-Walking right on to Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Star Tours at the after party

#5-Huffing and puffing with the Big Bad Wolf

#4 Running out and back on Osceola Highway (oh wait that's one of my LEAST favorite things about running the Tower of Terror 10 Mile race)

#3-Meeting some really great people from this board at the WDWMAGIC.com Meet & Greet (Where were the rest of you???)

#2-KICK-A$$ Bling

and my #1 favorite thing about running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler...

Celebrating the 13th Anniversary of the day I met my Prince Charming and running every step of the race with him.

maryszhi

I really enjoyed this event (even if it was like running in a sauna) and I thought I would share this with you.

#10-Passing more runners that passed me

#9- Realizing at Mile 9, I only had 1 more mile to go, instead of 4.1 miles that I would have to run if I was running a 1/2 marathon

#8-Running in a elephant graveyard

#7-Awesome spectators and voluntEARS cheering us along the course

#6-Walking right on to Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Star Tours at the after party

#5-Huffing and puffing with the Big Bad Wolf

#4 Running out and back on Osceola Highway (oh wait that's one of my LEAST favorite things about running the Tower of Terror 10 Mile race)

#3-Meeting some really great people from this board at the WDWMAGIC.com Meet & Greet (Where were the rest of you???)

#2-KICK-A$$ Bling

Celebrating the 13th Anniversary of the day I met my Prince Charming and running every step of the race with him.
i am glad to hear you survived! i hope you had fun :) also awwww for the last one :)

Blueliner

Awesome! Carrie and I joked about that several times over the course of the weekend. Thanks again to you and Joel for getting everyone together. We should make it an annual event.

wiigirl

#2 is always good. :p
75.gif

a2grafix

Except for a few, I also share your sentiments. Yes, it was a sauna and felt my face was going to explode by the time we reached Animal Kingdom. I also passed several hundred walkers and runners. Some passed me, but I caught up to them and vice-versa. I knew about the 3 mile marker that I was supposed to be with a certain group of runners and saw a few that I ran close to for most of the race.

I would do this race again if runDisney has it in 2013, but I need to train a little more and not walk a lot in the parks a day before and day of the race. I have a blister on my toe that is going to pop soon, have a bruise toe and it's all gray and blue, and I have some thin spots at base of my heels and soles, but other than that, I am fine. I just need to work out more and get my feet stronger so I won't blister before or during race time.

Have to say with the throng of runners and the lite jog I ran for 4.5 miles before it started to thin out, I was not tired and really didn't need to stop during water stops. I did though, just because there were so many runners clammoring for water / powerade - and I was one of them.

LindsayLoves

Aw congrats! I wish my hunny would run with me (he is out for anything longer than 6 miles), he thinks of running as self inflicted torture. He is very supportive of my running and goals so I guess I can't ask for much more.

Would you do this race again? How does it stack up compared to the other WDW races?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Awesome! Carrie and I joked about that several times over the course of the weekend. Thanks again to you and Joel for getting everyone together. We should make it an annual event.
I told Coryna right before you got to the MnG that I had to meet Chris since we live in the same city and have run of the same events, but it takes us being a few hundred miles from home and a Disney event to hang out. Glad it worked out.
Happy belated anniversary Coryna.
YES! Happy anniversary.

I love #10.
Love #7. So appreciative.
Thankful for #3.

Texas84

#10 - There was way too much passing from B (brokenrecordbrokenrecord)

#8 - That, the rubber track, the stadium, running in front of the DJ and crowd in DHS.

#7 - Yes. I will be volunteering soon. Need to give something back. Love those people.

#1 - Awesome. Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom