Florida Resident Ticket Question

Kate Alan

So my sister, who moved to Florida last year, has purchased a three day resident ticket for our trip. She chose the "pick up at will call" option. Her tickets show up in MDE and I was able to obtain our Fastpasses at the 60 day mark due to us staying on property.

She and I have heard many conflicting things about her tickets, so I'm coming here to clarify.

1) She has heard from one cast member friend that since her tickets show up in MDE and we already have Fastpasses, that she doesn't need to go to will call to pick up her ticket media. I was under the impression that she needs to show proof of being a Florida resident, so that doesn't sound right to me.

2) She heard from a different cast member friend that if she picks up her tickets from will call and they are activated, she will lose all her Fastpass selections.

3) I was told by a cast member through the Disney website that while her tickets would be linked to MDE and we'd be able to obtain Fastpass selections, she would still need to pick her tickets up from will call and provide proof of Florida residency in order to enter the parks.

Basically...what's the actual story with these tickets? Hoping some of the far more knowledgeable minds on this site can chime in, because this is driving me crazy.

Noellikechristmas

I believe the answer is 3. They will deff need proof of residency to activate her ticket and I'm told your FPs should remain on that ticket.

Pretty much they take the same ticket, enter in some additional information and give you the same ticket back, it's not like they give you a new one. SO I think you should be good.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I believe the answer is 3. They will deff need proof of residency to activate her ticket and I'm told your FPs should remain on that ticket.

Pretty much they take the same ticket, enter in some additional information and give you the same ticket back, it's not like they give you a new one. SO I think you should be good.
I'd agree, basically #1 and #3 are correct. #1 - she already has her ticket media ; #3 - they need to provide proof of residency for the ticket to become active for park entrance, otherwise there would be abuse.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

If she doesn't "pick up at window" and get her ticket media, she won't be able to enter the parks. Had the option to ship to home been selected, what would have arrived would have been 'exchange tickets' still needing to stop at a gate to 'exchange' them for active media.

Resident Tickets always need to be 'picked up' or 'exchanged' for active tickets.

Yes, at point of purchase, they are linked to MDE for the purpose of viewing and FP's, but they are not 'active' to enter a park until the above is met.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom