Flik's --- a new idea for restaurant/bar

tikirun26

Original Poster
I came up with this idea over the summer. I love themed restaurants and what a more creative place to add this one would be Disney World.
Restaurant/Bar: Flik's
Theme: A Bug's Life

Imagine... The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground sort of atmosphere... everything is really really BIG! There is a scene in A Bug's Life, where Flik encounters his "warrior bugs" in a bar in a vegetable can. Also when Hopper is having a drink with his grasshopper friends, they are in a big sombrero. These scenes could be combined. I was thinking for maybe MGM or Downtown. There could be a room for just the bar and another for dining. Drinks to be served would be similar to the one the mosquito orders in the movie, "bloody mary, O-". The center of the floor could be one of those big neon bluebug zappers!....
I could go on for days... imagination running wild again!

-Lauren

orangefan15

Cool idea...given that there's a bar I'm thinking Downtown would be a better location than MGM (MGM already has the bar at 50s Primetime)

meeko_33785

I like the idea, but can't off-hand think of a location where this could work. MGM is a good canidate, but it would probably have more of a Soundstage facade like the rest of MGM, which would be a shame since this could be a really intresting looking on the outside. Maybe it could be added into Flik's Fun Faire at DCA (minus the bar, I don't really think a bar based on a Disney movie is completly appropriate anyway).

Originally posted by meeko_33785
I don't really think a bar based on a Disney movie is completly appropriate anyway).

It' could always be a juice bar of sorts, serveing smoothies, jucie mixes, coffe's, teas, soft drinks ect.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by FigmentDream
It' could always be a juice bar of sorts, serveing smoothies, jucie mixes, coffe's, teas, soft drinks ect.

True. If that were the case, it would be just fine then. That would be good then.

TDF

I am a little confused… is this an outdoor type sit down restaurant. I think if Disney had something like that, it would be awesome! (Avatarland Maybe?) Cool concept, I like it!

Yankeesfan5

Sounds like a fun idea. The best place to put it theme-wise would be in Animal Kingdom, but there's not space near the attraction. Love the concept, but the theme would have to change for it to fit in the parks.

SyracuseOrange

I also love the idea of a comically oversized bar...what about something Alice in Wonderland themed, where everything says "drink me" or "eat me" on it, and you are "shrunken down" to the size of mini-Alice. It could be called "Down the Rabbit Hole."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom