Flies. Lots of Flies.

Clever Name

The cryogenic chamber at MK has been refilled with a combination of liquid nitrogen and carbon dioxide. The LN2 vents have been replaced with newer models along with a ramping microprocessor controller to minimize venting in the future.

bdinger

We just got back from WDW. We spent 8 days in the parks. The flies were awful, but mostly at the Magic Kingdom. They were all over the park -- indoors and out. It was especially disgusting having to continuously shoo them away while eating at The Plaza Restaurant. On our last day there (5/16), things seemed to be improving, so maybe Disney is doing something about it. I felt stupid doing it, but I actually complained to Guest Relations, too. (It was that bad. I've never complained to them about anything before.) I was given the "it's Central Florida" excuse. Meanwhile, over in Celebration where we stayed and dined multiple times, there was not a fly problem.

COProgressFan

We just got back from WDW. We spent 8 days in the parks. The flies were awful, but mostly at the Magic Kingdom. They were all over the park -- indoors and out. It was especially disgusting having to continuously shoo them away while eating at The Plaza Restaurant. On our last day there (5/16), things seemed to be improving, so maybe Disney is doing something about it. I felt stupid doing it, but I actually complained to Guest Relations, too. (It was that bad. I've never complained to them about anything before.) I was given the "it's Central Florida" excuse. Meanwhile, over in Celebration where we stayed and dined multiple times, there was not a fly problem.

Ironically, we were in Celebration 2 weeks ago and dined outside...the fly problem was so bad, we had to move to an indoor table. Yet, at the time, there was no problem at the MK or anywhere else on property that I noticed. Strange. This seems like a short lived event (for whatever reason) that seems to have come (and gone?) over the span of a week or so.

Victor Kelly

Ever notice that mosquitos can be low in numbers?

Yes Disney has always had a pest control program. I have been in the field before where bugs get on your food. We always said extra protein and chomped away.

luv

I've been gone for like a week, but it was pretty much over when I left town. Nothing like it had been. Yuck! Tat was so gross! Just want to forget the whole thing!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know this is a bump but I'm wondering how the fly situation is now?

I noticed a few at DHS over the weekend, but nothing close to the plague proportions that were being reported. The only place I saw them was around the landscaping which kind of leans me toward the mulch theory proposed earlier.

Texas84

I didn't see any two weekends ago. And I hit the stupid lovebugs north of Gainesville but they weren't as bad as usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom