Flame Tree Barbeque asking for Donations to DWCF

teebin

Original Poster
In a new marketing effort, when you give your credit card to pay for lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque at Animal Kingdom, they are now asking if you would like to make a donation to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund. I asked if asking for that is new and the cute lil'ole lady cm said "yep! we just started doing it." and added "its really sucessful!" They just add it to your credit card along with your order.

MicBat

When I went, they asked me if I wanted to "donate my pennies." So if my total was $7.92, they would ask if I wanted to donate the 8 cents to make it an even $8.. or something along those lines.

natalia1681

When I went, they asked me if I wanted to "donate my pennies." So if my total was $7.92, they would ask if I wanted to donate the 8 cents to make it an even $8.. or something along those lines.

That's very clever. I imagine that most people would go for that.

mdisney

I worked at flametree over the summer and they started it around late July. Btw teebin was the little old lady named Donna Lee?

teebin

Original Poster
I worked at flametree over the summer and they started it around late July. Btw teebin was the little old lady named Donna Lee?

I didn't notice her name, but she is almost always there. I have to have my St Louis Ribs at least every two weeks and they have NEVER asked me for a donation so I am surprised they started it in July. Is it sporadic or every customer? Anyway the lil'old lady reminds me of the lady in the tweedy bird cartoons; the one that beats the sylvester cat all the time.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I worked at flametree over the summer and they started it around late July.

I was there in August and visited FTB twice and wasn't asked.

Personally I think it a bl**dy cheek asking guests for more money - why don't Disney donate some of their profits from said establishment towards the conservation fund :fork:

Main Street USA

I was there in August and visited FTB twice and wasn't asked.

Personally I think it a bl**dy cheek asking guests for more money - why don't Disney donate some of their profits from said establishment towards the conservation fund :fork:
What in the world is wrong with asking for a donation for a wildlife fund at Animal Kingdom? It's a theme park that is partially dedicated to taking care of animals and animal research.

They ask for a $1 donation to help animals. Why does that upset you?

A simple "no" means you don't have to give them one cent.

Penndragon85

DWCF Information

What in the world is wrong with asking for a donation for a wildlife fund at Animal Kingdom? It's a theme park that is partially dedicated to taking care of animals and animal research.

They ask for a $1 donation to help animals. Why does that upset you?

A simple "no" means you don't have to give them one cent.

Ditto! 100% of the money goes to wildlife and wildplaces all around the world! Disney does pay money to it, they match every guest donations and so far we collected over 10 million dollars in donations and have helped out over 450 projects worldwide many also here in America since 1995! This foundation has saved so many animals. This money does not go to the animals in Disney's Animal Kingdom's Collection or to Disney it goes to wildlife and wildplaces, all 100% of the donations. The Walt Disney Co. pays also for all the buttons, booklets and adminstration fees. So a simple no is okay. To find out more information on DWCF go to Disneywildlifefund.com . You will be amazed once you look at how much it has helped!

PS: Yes all of the 4 main F&B locations for a short time only are asking for donations it was start on July 30th. And yes it has been very successful!:) You might have not been asked in august because the cm were still being trained for DWCF or it was at a busy time and they didn't have time to ask sorry.

teebin

Original Poster
Ditto! 100% of the money goes to wildlife and wildplaces all around the world! Disney does pay money to it, they match every guest donations and so far we collected over 10 million dollars in donations

I didn't know that Disney matched funds! That is great to hear!

PS: Yes all of the F&B locations for a short time only are asking for donations it was start on July 30th. And yes it has been very successful!:)

I think it is too bad that they don't do it year round. They would really rake in the bucks for some great animal causes.

Penndragon85

I didn't know that Disney matched funds! That is great to hear!

I think it is too bad that they don't do it year round. They would really rake in the bucks for some great animal causes.

They do it all year around! The Food locations are just new right now ... they still do ask for donations and the signs should be up :) Yes and there are other locations through out property that do it as well, Like The seas with nemo and friends, Wilderness Lodge and Campgrounds, Key West, Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Castway Cay, Cruise Line, Dak Lodge, I think those are all them... I may have left one out... but each location has a different button..so if you collect them there are always changing them.

Ya the Dak Lodge store (just one store) Rasied 100,000 dollars in just one year and 3 cm seperatly rasied 10,000 each! Thats a big deal!! Sorry for the misspellings I'm typing really fast :)

mdisney

I meant they should do it at the food locations at AK all year long, meaning, have the cashier ask if you would like to make a donation that can be added to your bill.

The problem with that is a lot of time cashiers rather have higher trasactions in a hour so they look good then ask for people to donate.

Dwarful

Do they still sell the button for $1? I have bought the button. But it seems like so many places now ask to keep your change that it does get a bit annoying (not just at WDW). I don't mind donating to the causes that are important to me, but no matter how much I appreciate the cause I cannot support every organization. Personally, when I am on vacation I don't really want to be bothered with solicitations for donations. I understand and value animal & wildlife organizations (thats why we belong to the st.louis zoo) I guess for some guests this will be a bonus incentive for going with the meal plan ;
I can also see some guests who are not all that familiar with WDW being put off, like others have posted, a bit of a nerve to ask for a donation after you've just laid out a tidy sum to bring the family to the theme park.
BUT many people must be giving or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Penndragon85

I meant they should do it at the food locations at AK all year long, meaning, have the cashier ask if you would like to make a donation that can be added to your bill.

Well it just started and they should be asking more often... it just is the luck of the draw to get someone to ask.

and also to answer Dwarful's question.... we never sold the button we use to do the "Add a Dollar" Program you add a dollar on to your grand total and you get a button for donating, its more like a thank you gift... now we except any amount because people started asking can I do more money? And its not suppose to be 1 dollar 1 button ratio.
And also yes its just a simple donation and if guest feel like they have donated already to other causes its okay...just a simple no thank you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom