first visit for my son

crf815

Planning a trip for May, this will be my 4 year old son first visit and my 8 year old daughters second visit. Could someone tell me if there is any special things to do with him for father son time while my daughter and I are at the boutique in cinderella castle. I have never experienced disney with a little boy before since i went with my daughter previously and growing up it was only sisters. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Does he like pirates? If so, check the Pirates League in the Magic Kingdom over by Pirates of the Caribbean. I would also suggest the Jedi Academy at Hollywood Studios, but you would probably also want to be there to watch him thrash Darth Vader with his light saber.

Upvote 0
If you will already be in the Magic Kingdom, then maybe try to go to tomorrowland. Or try character greets. I know one resort offers archery lessons at an additional cost as well as some having fishing available. Maybe something like that would be fun. There is also DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney or if you have a park hopper, the innovention area at EPCOT.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Jedi Academy at DHS is fun, but you have to get there at park open to sign up for it. Disney quest is another thing. If you want to stay in the same park, check out pirates league or even have fun rough housing about at Tom Sawyers Island! My boys loved it!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If he's not interested in Pirate's League (or if it finishes up before you're finished at BBB), they could do the "Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas" Scavenger Hunt in Adventureland. It's free, and there are several "adventures" available, each of which takes about 20 minutes, and has you finding various hidden, interactive items around Adventureland. You pick up a map at the Crow's Nest (on the walkway between POTC and the Golden Oak Outpost) to begin the mission.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/

Upvote 0

BigHero4

Jedi Academy at DHS is a must. My 4 year old LOVED the experience. He knew of Star Wars before going, but was enthralled with Star Wars after beating Vader. Get to DHS early to sign up.

He might even want to burn off some energy in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure at DHS. Long name for "playground". My little guy loved exploring in there while Dad got some time to rest his legs.

Build a car and race other kids at the LEGO store at Disney Springs.

Take a ride on the monorail. Kids and adults love this... especially if you're from a small town. It's not something you get to do every day.

Enjoy the experience!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom