First Trip/Transportation Question

lifeguard1020

Original Poster
After 50 or so trips to WDW, I finally have an opportunity to make my way to the other coast. I really have one significant question. Nearly all of our trips to Florida have been by car, so transportation has never really been an issue. However, the fact that we are flying into LAX brings up more to think about than I am used to. We are not renting a car due to the short time we will be staying, (On property all three days)
It will be myself, my wife, and our son arriving at about 8:30 AM. How do you think we should make our way there? I've heard "Disneyland Resort Express" is the main choice. I was just wondering if there is anything else recommended.

BrianV

After 50 or so trips to WDW, I finally have an opportunity to make my way to the other coast. I really have one significant question. Nearly all of our trips to Florida have been by car, so transportation has never really been an issue. However, the fact that we are flying into LAX brings up more to think about than I am used to. We are not renting a car due to the short time we will be staying, (On property all three days)
It will be myself, my wife, and our son arriving at about 8:30 AM. How do you think we should make our way there? I've heard "Disneyland Resort Express" is the main choice. I was just wondering if there is anything else recommended.

Same story as us! And to piggyback on your question, if you are staying at a non-disney resort can you still use the Disneyland Express? (We are at the Hilton Anaheim)

PacNWTigger

The resort express buses are fine from LAX to on property resorts, but not as great for those staying at good neighbor hotels. Super Shuttle is generally the way we go to our good neighbor hotels because it's a door to door service instead of waiting for DLE at a bus stop with all of our luggage. I think Super Shuttle is a little less expensive too.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland Express is not like Magical Express. It's a paid bus fare anyone can use.

Do the math on it and make sure you wouldn't come out ahead on an Uber or Lyft.

Darkbeer1

A feew issues, first off, why LAX? There are closer airport options in Long Beach Airport (LGB) and John Wayne (Orange County/Santa Ana/SNA), so you might look at those options...

California is strict on Car Seats for those under 8 years of age. so if you are not bringing your won, you are limited to transportation choices from the Airport. The Disneyland Express Airport Bus is exempt from needing car seats.

Almost every other vehicle requires them, including shuttle vans, taxis, uber/lyft, etc.

So you would need to pre book a service that provides, some shuttle services will provide a van or town car with the needed seats, but need to be booked in advance, as they don't want to carry them (losing luggage space).

lifeguard1020

Original Poster
First off Darkbeer, it has been great reading everything you have been able to share. I've been lurking around on the "Land" side of these boards for just a little while now and have found your knowledge quite helpful.
Anyways, now that I have that out of the way, It was tough finding an airline/flight out of Chicago here, at a somewhat affordable cost, with the short notice that I had. Were flying Spirit from O'Hare out there to LAX. Honestly, if there is something better, at the rate I got through them, I would LOVE to fly in closer...

StarWarsGirl

Super Shuttle. We got our own ride for our family of four in June and it worked great, and my friend and I are using it For a shared ride, it's $34 per person round trip.

BTW, thank you; I booked my flight yesterday and nearly forgot about the SuperShuttle.

westie

Yeah, if at all possible try to fly into John Wayne. Its a 15 minute cab ride from airport to hotel. With LA traffic, the time of day can really wreak havoc on your drive time.

StarWarsGirl

A feew issues, first off, why LAX? There are closer airport options in Long Beach Airport (LGB) and John Wayne (Orange County/Santa Ana/SNA), so you might look at those options...
It depends on where you're coming from. Personally, I'm coming from BWI, and flying nonstop to LGB or SNA is not an option. And flying into SNA or LGB is over $100 more per person. LGB or SNA would be nice since LAX is horrendous, but not for that price, and definitely not when stops are involved when you're travelling in January. So we deal with LAX.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom