First Trip To Disneyland Resort Since 2006!!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Back at DCA for the evening
IMG_9944.jpeg

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning for the last time from the Happiest Place on Earth.

I'm all showered, having breakfast, and trying to pack last-minute items into my luggage while wondering how the week went by so fast.W e certainly had a lot of fun, rode many rides for the first time, and managed to explore the entire area a bit more. We especially like the "Downtown Disney bypass" if we want to get into DL or DCA without going thru DDD or too much of DDD, especially in the afternoon and evening when it was very busy. The direct route from DL Hotel to Grand California was something we have taken almost everyday since we found it.

We definitely do not want to wait another 17 years to come back, especially if we have a chance of getting a DVC room at the new DL Hotel tower.

I'm going to finish my breakfast, pack things up and check out, maybe explore the lobby a bit more while we wait for our ride to LAX.

Zz.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So I have a couple questions recapping the weeklong journey you took us all on.

1. Did you have park hoppers or just did one park per day tickets? It didn't look like you ever went to two parks in one day, at least from the pictures and commentary.

2. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you spent more time at DCA than Disneyland Park on this trip, and on top of that, the days you were at DL Park (Looks like Monday and Wednesday) were the days you got your hotel room (Monday) and chilled there for the evening, and on Wednesday spent the 4 hours in line for the mug. Was that because you actually like DCA more than DL, or was it because you'd been to DL enough times in your life that you wanted to soak in a different park?

It is interesting to see how different people enjoy the parks. It's probably because I live in California and go to the parks 1 to 2 times a year, so I couldn't imagine spending 5 days there or feeling like I could stretch that out without a lot of serious down time which to me would feel like I'm not getting the most for my money, but I guess 5 days does only cost $83/day. Staying on property (or across the street) also helps where you can go chill at your hotel without walking far or taking shuttles/buses. Also on all my trips, whether 2 or 3 days, I always seem to gravitate toward a 70/30% split on the parks favoring DL.

Glad you had a good trip and hopefully you won't have to wait as long for the next one!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
So I have a couple questions recapping the weeklong journey you took us all on.

1. Did you have park hoppers or just did one park per day tickets? It didn't look like you ever went to two parks in one day, at least from the pictures and commentary.

2. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you spent more time at DCA than Disneyland Park on this trip, and on top of that, the days you were at DL Park (Looks like Monday and Wednesday) were the days you got your hotel room (Monday) and chilled there for the evening, and on Wednesday spent the 4 hours in line for the mug. Was that because you actually like DCA more than DL, or was it because you'd been to DL enough times in your life that you wanted to soak in a different park?

It is interesting to see how different people enjoy the parks. It's probably because I live in California and go to the parks 1 to 2 times a year, so I couldn't imagine spending 5 days there or feeling like I could stretch that out without a lot of serious down time which to me would feel like I'm not getting the most for my money, but I guess 5 days does only cost $83/day. Staying on property (or across the street) also helps where you can go chill at your hotel without walking far or taking shuttles/buses. Also on all my trips, whether 2 or 3 days, I always seem to gravitate toward a 70/30% split on the parks favoring DL.

Glad you had a good trip and hopefully you won't have to wait as long for the next one!
I’m on my phone, so will reply to this when I get home.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We are at LAX and made good time getting here. Had lunch and spent time talking about our trip and how we’d come back in a few years.

I will have more to write about after I get home and downloaded all the pics that I took, and a few videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom