First timers in December.

cal1967

Hello there everyone. I will be visiting WDW for the first ever time in December 2013. We are a party of 5, DH, DD (14), DS (12) and my 83 year old mum. I have organised an electric scooter for mum to get around. I am trying to get as much info as possible without overwhelming my poor little brain. As we are not staying on site I am trying to ensure we have the best time, even if it is only a short time. We get in on the evening of Dec 11 from San Diego and leave on the 6pm flight onthe 18th of Dec. So far I have planned - 12/12 - Universal, I need to get Harry Potter over with before the mouse. 13/12 - Epcot, 14/12 - MK, 15/12 - DHS, 16/12 - AK, and then the Hoop de doo show that evening, 17/12 - return to Epcot and then MVMCP that evening. Then on our last day we are going to Kennedy Space Centre. Flying back to San Diego that evening. Does this look too much. I am hoping that it won't be massively. This is a massive trip for us we are only spending a short time on the East coast and will also be spending a couple of days in Disneyland. We are visiting friends in California for Christmas from Oz. any guidance from you guys will be awesome.

Thank you heaps

Carolyn - excited first timer

ladydi

One of my kid's favorite things to do in December was see the storytellers in Epcot. Each land has a costumed storyteller that shares about the holidays (mostly Christmas) and the different traditions. Esp. with the ages of your kids, they could be a big hit.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

cslafferty

I would really love to do the princess lunch, but my DD (14) informs me she is too old. Lol

Our first trip my daughter was 13 1/2. She wanted to eat at the Crystal Palace because of the Winnie the Pooh characters (Tigger is her fav), but when we were there, she was too embarrassed to say anything. The characters really spent a lot of time with my youngest daughter (9 at the time) and just waved at my older one. So, I said to Tigger that even tho my youngest loved them all, his biggest fan was really the older daughter. Well, when she stood up to get her picture taken with Tigger, he swooped her off her feet and swung her around!! We have a picture of that, and I don't think her smile could have been any bigger! It is to this day one of her favorite memories. So, your daughter may think she's too old now, but once you pass through the WDW gates, EVERYONE's a kid!! You stick out if you DON'T act like one!!:D

Upvote 0

cal1967

Original Poster
Ok, so my dates have changed again, and somehow I seemed to book us in to AoA. Tee he he. We now arrive on Dec 8 and depart Dec 18. We are doing 2 days @Epco, 2 days @ MK + MVMCP and 1 day each at DHS and MK. We are also going to IoA and Kennedy. We have the last day as a spare as our flight back to the West coast is till 6.00pm, so we will use that time to check out the other resorts I think. I am hoping somehow that Free dining may get offered, but so far the dates don't line up. Oh well. Only 170 days to go. Woo Hoo.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom