First timer thoughts from Hong Kong Disneyland

BrianLo

Do you have a link to this super interested

It was a comment Bob made in the quarterly call.

Iger said, "Every one of our parks was profitable in Q1, giving us an incredibly solid foundation to build upon as we invest significantly to turbocharge growth in this business."

HKDL did briefly obtain profitability following the wave of Grizzly Gulch/Mystic Point/Toy story, but this deteriorated with the 2014 protests.

Supersnow84

Being able to post a profit after a big expansion would be a massive shot of confidence for the resort and show them expanding out of the initial problems is the best way to fix the problems

It probably won’t happen this financial year because it half of this year will come from 5 day operation prior to the opening of arendelle but if F3 and F4 are both profitable to the point that if you extrapolated F3 and F4 to the entire year it would show full profit then that will be huge for the park

BrianLo

Being able to post a profit after a big expansion would be a massive shot of confidence for the resort and show them expanding out of the initial problems is the best way to fix the problems

It probably won’t happen this financial year because it half of this year will come from 5 day operation prior to the opening of arendelle but if F3 and F4 are both profitable to the point that if you extrapolated F3 and F4 to the entire year it would show full profit then that will be huge for the park

HKDL’s fiscal year also runs Oct 1 - Sept 30, so the full fiscal year we are currently in, is well setup, but we typically don’t hear about it until the following spring.

Though the forthcoming fiscal year release this spring should presumably contain the positive language about how well the park is doing currently.

Supersnow84

Since this has sort of become the default HK news thread I thought it would be interesting to note that the park has extended its 7 day trade all the way out till April, if the attendance holds up and it hits golden week then summer the park may return to 7 day trade full time which would do wonders for its profit margins

Supersnow84

I’m genuinely sorry I actually can’t find the old expansion thread if that’s still even around so I guess I’ll post here

With Disney confirming that the park is both profitable as of the last quarter and confirming that a chunk of the expansion money will go to HK do you think we will get any news before or at D23, the money isn’t needed for the avengers e ticket, that money is already ready and sitting there

What else do you think they will do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom