Trip Report First time with parents...

We just got back from a 6 day trip, the first one with both of my parents. You can learn a lot about yourself and your family if you vacation together. Be careful before doing it, it may not turn out the way you hope.!

Anyway, overall things went according to plan. We got to MK on the first day and I asked my Dad if he was going to hug Mickey. My Dad is a quiet type of person and he said "no." So, we all went in to see Talking Mickey, which was really incredible! Before we left, I pointed to my Dad and leaned over to Mickey and said "This is his first trip." Mickey went right over and gave him a big hug and started talking to him! It was pretty cool. :)

The other standout moment, which was really odd was at Chef Mickeys. I approached the podium where the CM was standing and staring blankly in my direction. I said hi and she kept on staring blankly. I looked behind me to see if anyone else was there and there wasn't. I waved my hand and said hello, still no response. Then I heard her say under her breath, "I can't do anything right." She suddenly came back to life and said, "Hi friends and welcome to Chef Mickey's!" Uhh, okay.....heheh, I guess someone was having a bad day.

My Mom had been to WDW before, so this trip was really for my Dad. I think that he had a good time, so that's what counts. I found it to be a lot more stressful having my parents with us and trying to make sure everyone was having a good time. Unfortunately for me, I felt sick for several days and still do a little bit. I don't know if I caught a bug or if it's from stress.

Dad did mention that they need to update some of the attractions, like Universe of Energy. Keep in mind this was his first time, so Disney take note that even first timers notice these things. This will probably be our last trip until Star Wars Land opens and we still had a pretty good time.

Tom

Beta Return
We just got back from a 6 day trip, the first one with both of my parents. You can learn a lot about yourself and your family if you vacation together. Be careful before doing it, it may not turn out the way you hope.!

Anyway, overall things went according to plan. We got to MK on the first day and I asked my Dad if he was going to hug Mickey. My Dad is a quiet type of person and he said "no." So, we all went in to see Talking Mickey, which was really incredible! Before we left, I pointed to my Dad and leaned over to Mickey and said "This is his first trip." Mickey went right over and gave him a big hug and started talking to him! It was pretty cool. :)

The other standout moment, which was really odd was at Chef Mickeys. I approached the podium where the CM was standing and staring blankly in my direction. I said hi and she kept on staring blankly. I looked behind me to see if anyone else was there and there wasn't. I waved my hand and said hello, still no response. Then I heard her say under her breath, "I can't do anything right." She suddenly came back to life and said, "Hi friends and welcome to Chef Mickey's!" Uhh, okay.....heheh, I guess someone was having a bad day.

My Mom had been to WDW before, so this trip was really for my Dad. I think that he had a good time, so that's what counts. I found it to be a lot more stressful having my parents with us and trying to make sure everyone was having a good time. Unfortunately for me, I felt sick for several days and still do a little bit. I don't know if I caught a bug or if it's from stress.

Dad did mention that they need to update some of the attractions, like Universe of Energy. Keep in mind this was his first time, so Disney take note that even first timers notice these things. This will probably be our last trip until Star Wars Land opens and we still had a pretty good time.

Sorry to hear you got sick during the trip, but glad you still had fun. That's really weird about the Chef Mickey CM...

Maerj

Original Poster
Sorry to hear you got sick during the trip, but glad you still had fun. That's really weird about the Chef Mickey CM...

Thanks. Yeah, that was weird at Chef Mickey's. I think that she was just having a really bad day but her reaction was strange, at least it gave me a funny story to tell people.

Zipadeelady

It sounds like you should have given the CM at Chef Mickeys a hug. The bad thing about Disney is trying to keep everyone happy, it is very stressful. I think I would love to take a solo trip someday....seriously.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Going on a trip with others, especially parents can be stressful. Youre trying so hard to make their trip special and you forget that you are there to enjoy it too. I'm sure your parents came away with great memories of the trip and appreciate all the hard work that went in to making it possible. I dont think my dad would have wanted a Mickey hug either... :cautious: Remember that your time with them is limited and appreciate the time you have with them and any opportunities to do things with them. The important thing was that you were able to spend time together and what better place than at Disney. Hope you have many more chances to come together and strengthen that relationship between you.

Maerj

Original Poster
It sounds like you should have given the CM at Chef Mickeys a hug. The bad thing about Disney is trying to keep everyone happy, it is very stressful. I think I would love to take a solo trip someday....seriously.

hehe... I seriously didn't know what to do. She just stood there staring. I waved my hand and said hello and she didn't move. I looked behind me to see if someone else was standing there. After she muttered "I can't do anything right" she suddenly came back to life! It was like a malfunctioning AA. It was strange but I just rolled with it and moved on. I hope that her day went better than it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom