First Time FastPass+ User...Park-Hopping Help!

StarfishAndStingrays

Original Poster
So I'm making my FastPass+ selections for the first time ever and it doesn't seem to work with park-hopping :(

We have a few days where we plan to park-hop and I had all my Fast-Pass selections planned out already (with times, which bums me out to see that I can't even select those myself...which I'm HATING so much right now because the windows they select don't work with our park-hopping our dining times, agh!)
but now I'm seeing that it won't let me pick a Fast-Pass for two rides in one park and another in another park...why is this? Why do all three Fast-Passes have to be in one park?
Is there ANY way around this? So bummed right now! I had everything planned out months ago :(
I guess shame on me for not knowing this would happen before...

DisneyFans4Life

Unfortunately you have to use all three FPs at one park before you can make another FP at another park. I tried to do exactly what you did a while ago and ran into the same issue.

StarfishAndStingrays

Original Poster
Unfortunately you have to use all three FPs at one park before you can make another FP at another park. I tried to do exactly what you did a while ago and ran into the same issue.

Well darn, that's unfortunate /:

I guess that means no FP+ for AK as we would rather grab those for our few hours at MK later in the day and risk it in the morning at AK...I suppose it's not usually very busy there anyway.
They really should fix that though.
And their system needs to do a better job of recognizing dining times that have already been set up. It seems to always put one of my selected Fast-Passes during a dining time, which makes it useless :/

SAV

You do realize that you can change those automatically selected times, right? Just select the one's that come up and go in and change them to a better time or a different experience.

And it really isn't something to "fix". They deployed the system with the requirement that you can only get the original 3 FP's in one park, then you can get additional ones in the park you hop to. Nothing is really broken, just something you don't care for.

I don't do dining ADR's, so I can't speak to that overlap, but that does definitely seem like something they should account for.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can always modify the time of a fastpass selection if you don't like the time you were given. Click on modify FP, choose the attraction you wish to change and then select change the time. A window will open with the other times available.

And yes, if you are at AK at rope drop you can see the major FP attractions without much of a wait.

Also, if you have used your initial 3 FPs at one park and hop to another, you can obtain a FP for the new park from a kiosk.

Kosmo1986

Yea there is no way around that really. If you use all your fastpasses at Ak in the morning you can get a 4th fastpasses when you arrive at MK, but there may not be any available or limited choices.

When choosing your fast passes, they give you options A B and C, once you select one of those you can go and modify the times on each of them. You do not need to skip a fast pass due to a meal.

If you get to AK at rope drop, go straight to the safari, you will wait less than 20 minutes, after that go to Everest its usually under 30, we do single rider and only wait 10 and then we head to dinosaur and its always under 10 minutes at that time. With this plan we are usually done with the major rides by 10:30 and can look at the animals.

Also if you go at rope drop, don't make fast passes before 10:30, in general likes are lower and you can try walking on a few before your fast passes start.

ratherbeinwdw

Once you use your 4th fp, you can get another, if available. You can do this as long as fp's are available and you've used the one you have.

Rob562

Are your dining reservations linked to the same MDE profiles you're using to make FP+? The system is supposed to take dining reservations into account and block out a window slightly before through 90-120 minutes after your reservation time so that overlaps don't happen.

-Rob

Jon81uk

If park hopping you may be better off scheduling FPs in the second park as afternoons are usually busier.

Use standby lines at Animal Kingdom in the morning and then have your three FPs scheduled for the afternoon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom