First time at F&W and MNSSHP

mdubm

Hello! I am an avid WDW visitor, but as I've always been a student or teacher, I have only been at Christmas or during summer/spring break. My class is taking a trip through YES in October and I'm trying to plan for the upcoming trip.
It's me and two other adults whom I work with, along with 15 students (eek!) Our students are trustworthy enough that we are allowing them to explore parks on their own, followed by meeting up at dinner and random other check-ins. We have 3 day park hoppers. We are staying off site.
My situation is unique. This is my first time at Food and Wine and I'm STOKED! What are some must-dos? Obviously I'm not "drinking around the world", but I can try one or two things. I'm mostly excited for the food.
Is it worth it for us to splurge on MNSSHP? The cost when we go is close to $100. We can't drop a ticket day, the minimum we could do was 3 day PH. So, we can't drop a day to save money and just attend the party. I'm thinking it may be a no, but it has always been on my bucket list.
Any other tips or must dos for a first timer at WDW in the fall? (Not a total first timer- just a fall first timer).

I am Timmy

Well, when we go to F&W we look up all the kiosks that will be there and start going through the menu. Then we pick our must do snacks, and make a list of the food and the kiosk to take with us so we don't miss anything we REALLY want to try, or get too full before we get to try them. That can easily happen. This also allows you to budget, since you can also look up the prices of each item and bring enough money. Super fun. As for the MNSSHP, it really depends on how much you love Halloween and how likely it is for you to be able to return in the future (it's on your bucket list, right?). I highly recommend the party at least once if you love Halloween (we do) as it is top notch and full of memorable things to do. We love the Sanderson Sisters stage show and the Boo to You Parade. The fireworks show is spectacular, and it's fun to dress up in MK. There are several meet and greets, special party merch, and fun Halloween treats to try as well. However, you'll have to weigh wether it's worth it to you since it sounds like it would cost quite a bit extra for you this trip, and you only have 3 days. We always try to go on each trip thinking we'll be back again, so we don't kill ourselves trying to do everything. Whatever you choose, try this mentality, and once you make your decision don't look back and simply enjoy. Good luck!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ive thoroughly enjoyed my MNSSHP events. If it is on your bucket list then I say do it while you have the opportunity to go. It is a memorable event and well worth the cost. The special fireworks/ castle show, the parade with villains and spooks, the headless horseman ride, the character M&G's, seeing the wild assortment of costumed guests, and much more.... Yes do it for yourself, there will be no regrets. If you dont do it now, you will look back and say... WHY didnt I do it... It was only $100.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom