First Look at A Completed Home In Golden Oak!

Scuttle

Gorgeous, but I don't think I'd want to actually live on Disney property even if I could afford it. I'd drive myself absolutely crazy ;)

Plus I can go to the real Villa d'Este for a lot less.

Ya I couldn't live that close to the MK it'd be weird. I actually like when I don't go for a few months and we take a 40-45 minute drive out there. The anticipation is great.

These are lovely, for sure, but they're definitely not as "over the top" as I would have expected. My parents were looking at some 55+ communities up here (south of Boston, in Plymouth, MA) and those homes (for about $500K) looked just as beautiful inside.

However, that being said, those pictures of the insides were beautifully appointed but I'm guessing that for your $1M+ home, they don't come furnished so if you wanted to make your Million Dollar home look somewhat nice, you'd probably have to plunk down another cool, what, $50K? to make it look nice.

As others have said, though, I don't like the idea of Disney building these homes on the property. I get it (let's make more $$!) but to me it screams corporate greed.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
beautiful home, even though I absolutely hate the concept of Golden Oak

I mean all of our attractions are in terrible shape because we won't spend money on upkeep but hey lets build million dollar homes for rich a-holes who won't appreciate it, amirite?

Disney's not spending any real money on these homes, the property owners are. The homes are being paid for by the owners, not Disney. It's not as if there were expansions and attractions that were scrapped in order to build these homes.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Disney's not spending any real money on these homes, the property owners are. The homes are being paid for by the owners, not Disney. It's not as if there were expansions and attractions that were scraped in order to build these homes.

Exactly, these houses are not taking from attraction funding

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I know :(

I just felt like being bitter against rich people. I still don't like the idea of them being able to own property ON property, though.

I really dont mind, i dont have the money but if i did id def be having one!! Congrats to those who can own property in the middle of the Magic :wave:

WorldKey

Beautiful.....but I have to say I love the way they decorate display homes (he said jokingly)...when you look at the pic with the large open patio on the lake and the beautiful furniture with thick lush seat cushions, I can't help but think about all of the torrential rain and storms that Florida gets almost on a daily basis and how quickly all of that stuff would be ruined no matter how weather resistant it is. :lol:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
beautiful.....but i have to say i love the way they decorate display homes (he said jokingly)...when you look at the pic with the large open patio on the lake and the beautiful furniture with thick lush seat cushions, i can't help but think about all of the torrential rain and storms that florida gets almost on a daily basis and how quickly all of that stuff would be ruined no matter how weather resistant it is. :lol:

:roflol:

invader

Beautiful.....but I have to say I love the way they decorate display homes (he said jokingly)...when you look at the pic with the large open patio on the lake and the beautiful furniture with thick lush seat cushions, I can't help but think about all of the torrential rain and storms that Florida gets almost on a daily basis and how quickly all of that stuff would be ruined no matter how weather resistant it is. :lol:

That's surprisingly not true, but much dependent on the quality of the item.

So beautiful, I think if I worked my whole life and saved every penny I still couldn't afford it :( not fair at all....Such a beautiful place :lookaroun

gators11

You can go 20 minutes north of there and but the same size house on a big lake for way cheaper.

Wasn't there something that you don't live in these houses full time? It's like a timeshare for vacations only?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can go 20 minutes north of there and but the same size house on a big lake for way cheaper.

Wasn't there something that you don't live in these houses full time? It's like a timeshare for vacations only?
The same can be said for any ultra upscale community like this. Location is everything when it comes to real estate.

devoy1701

The same can be said for any ultra upscale community like this. Location is everything when it comes to real estate.

Very True. I am by no means in an ultra upscale community, but I am close to amenities and points of interest with my house. We could have bought the exact same house in another community that our builder was in for about 20% less than what we paid for our current house...but it was 15 miles farther south in an area of the county that is considered predominently Agricultural with all amenities being quite a bit farther away.

I happen to like that our Publix is only 2.5 miles down the road and I-75 is a 10 minute drive from my garage though! Location, Location, Location!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom