First Cruise - Information needed, please help?

DisneyVet3369

Original Poster
Hi all,
My wife and I are planning on taking our first cruise in December, and were hoping there were some people out there that give some advice on what deck the best rooms would be? We are planning a 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream. We were looking at either the 9th or 10th floor. I see that the 11th floor of the Dream has the pools and quick service dining. Do you get the noise from those places in the staterooms one floor down? Obviously, the 9th floor has nothing but rooms above and below it, so the noise level should be down. We're just trying to choose the best room for our first cruise. Also, is there a difference between rooms in the middle section of the ship vs. the front section or rear section? We really appreciate any help or advice we can get! Thanks!

DisneyJoe

If you are on your verandah in the morning and your stateroom is on Deck 10, you can hear all of the loud moving of deck chairs, that was the only time it bothered me. I couldn't hear it from inside the room.

ChuckElias

I agree with Joe, although I'll add that if you're on the veranda at during one of the deck parties, you'll probably also be able to hear that.

DisneyVet3369

Original Poster
Thanks! Our concern was whether we would hear anything inside the room, but it sounds like that is not the case. We stay out late and sleep in and didn't want to be awakened by all the noise one floor up. :)

Is there any difference between rooms in the middle section of the boat vs the front/back sections?

DisneyJoe

Thanks! Our concern was whether we would hear anything inside the room, but it sounds like that is not the case. We stay out late and sleep in and didn't want to be awakened by all the noise one floor up. :)

Is there any difference between rooms in the middle section of the boat vs the front/back sections?
You may feel the motion of the ship more in the front or back, and at times in the back (depending on how far back you are) you can feel the vibration of the engines. I feel motion most in the front.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I would go with Deck 9 over Deck 10. The aft rooms have larger verandahs but you can experience some additional movement (vibration) when the ship is docking. They say that motion is less in the midship rooms. Midship can also be closer to the elevators and stairs, depending on where exactly your stateroom is. I've stayed in both midship and aft rooms.

I like the aft rooms on Decks 7 or 8 for the ease of getting to Cabanas and The District. Just a few flights of stairs in either direction! (I always take the stairs to offset the extra food ;))

pilka214

Deck 9 midship.... Forward and Aft of the ship tend to feel a lot more motion..

Source: lived on ships for a year, the front and back move a lot.

pilka214

oh just to settle any nerves, the forward and aft of the ship don't "move a lot" they just tend to feel the motion MORE then the midship. My last couple disney cruises were very calm sailings

flynnibus

Premium Member
Love 9 and 10 midships because of proximity to stairs to the food stations :)

The pirate party was probably the only noise issues that persisted more than a few minutes.

The only negative I can think of is your veranda has more stuff above it... so it doesn't feel as open. Deck9 can help with that for anyone who is OCD about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom