Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 3 10/11/13 Continued…

After LWTL we headed over to ride Journey into Imagination!

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

I never saw the original version of what was here but I do enjoy the current one. I mean it is not great but it is not as bad as it’s made to be. I get that it was nothing like it was before and I can understand that resentment for that though.

After that I took a few pics on the way to The International Gateway to catch a Ferry to Hollywood Studios…
DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

Alice...
DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 3 10/11/2013 Continued…

DSC_0562.jpg

That is a cool sign. Maybe the placement of it, but I just like it. I don’t know?

Okay so now we go wait for a boat…
DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

Here are some shots from our boat…
DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

We arrived at DHS and what do I see?
DSC_0572.jpg

Please…if any of you have done this, or know anyone who has done this…FILL ME IN!!! Photographic proof of how awesome it was would really, really help as well. I am going to book this on my next trip and I am super excited about it.

Okay so walking to the gates of DHS…although it was hot the sky was just gorgeous…
DSC_0573.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

To be continued...

sweetpee_1993

I need you on my side here!
Awwww..... I got picked for the cool kids team. Yay!

Funny you're getting the complaints in your inbox. Welcome to my world. Except I also get texts and phone calls from relatives who know how long I've been home. "When are you getting started???" "When's the next installment????" And I can't always lie & make up excuses because they know where I've been. LOL!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

DHS was not as jam packed as it was the few times we been there earlier. This was refreshing. Very refreshing.

Refreshing like…
DSC_0579.jpg

Refreshing like...
DSC_0580.jpg

Refreshing like…ehhhhh not so much…
DSC_0583.jpg

Seriously…what the hell is wrong with you that you would wear something like that anywhere, let alone Disney World? Some people just do not get “it”. This idiot is one of the some.

Now over to The Great Movie Ride..

I love this movie. Cagney is one of my favorite actors and he was just brilliant in this. Joan Blondell was soooo hot in it. Haha I am not sure what happened to her but as she aged she was brutal looking but in her younger days…way ahead of her time. (I know these photos are not of her)
DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0592.jpg

Mary and Andy…
DSC_0600.jpg

Jimmy about to bust someone up…
DSC_0605.jpg

Some gangsta’s…
DSC_0610.jpg

Clint...
DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Yes we are still on GMR. Here are some random shots…
DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

“Here’s looking at you…DORK!”
DSC_0631.jpg

Ohhhhh guuurrllllll I’mmabout ta take ma herrings off, shoot.”
DSC_0634.jpg

The Witch!
DSC_0639.jpg

So if you know us we are extremely fat and greedy. I mean not really but yeah. I made us an ADR at Sci-Fi so we could get some shakes and enjoy the atmosphere.

Oreo Milkshake...

DSC_0646.jpg

Some shots of the restaurant...
DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
What do you want to know about the guided fishing? Tracey took the boys to do it twice. He's also gone with my brother on our last parks trip in 2011.

How was it?

Was it worth the price?

Any pictures of the catches?

Did you get to pick where you wanted to fish?

Can you use your own rod?

sweetpee_1993

DSC_0583.jpg

Seriously…what the hell is wrong with you that you would wear something like that anywhere, let alone Disney World? Some people just do not get “it”. This idiot is one of the some.

I would like to comment on these shorts because, believe me, we just saw our fair share on our cruise last week. It's these high waist panty/shorts things. The problem is if the shorts are not made to your exact shape above the hips the waist migrates north to sit into the waistline. The effect it takes on the bottom end is the panty-effect. The article of clothing no longer qualifies as shorts. Nope. They're underwear. And cheeks peek out at everyone. Personally, I do not wish to view other women's cheeks. What was worse was all the young girls running around the ship with cheeks peeking out. Young girls, John. I'm talking obvious 13/14 yros whose bodies have obviously just attained their curves. There were younger girls also trying to pull off the shorts with better success because they had actual room in the shorts so they didn't ride up. Do these not look horribly uncomfortable??? I'd be waddling like something was stuck up there....because there IS! We had a prepaid alcohol package on the cruise so my already vocal, loose-lipped husband required extra shooshing on the subject. One afternoon we were walking thru Cental Park and a group of 3 young girls were in front of us walking ranging in ages about 11 to 14. The 2 younger girls were more innocently wearing the shorts. They were a tad short but it wasn't so bad because they were slighly baggy thru the hips. But the oldest of the 3, oh my. Cheeks & jiggles all over the place. Fabric in places I don't even want to remember that underage girls have. Tracey announces, "Oh my GAWD!!! If those were my daughters I'd kick their a..! Where are the parents??? Did they buy that for their kid?!?!" Seriously. These girls weren't old enough to have jobs. Someone bought those shorts for that girl. It's impossible to wrap our brains around. But enough about that.

How was it?

Was it worth the price?

Any pictures of the catches?

Did you get to pick where you wanted to fish?

Can you use your own rod?

I texted Tracey your questions. Here's his responses:

Fun if you have the right guide.

Yes.

If you took them yourself.
((I do think there might be some pics from the last fishing trip in my Sept. 2011 report. I'll look for them momentarily.))

Yes & no. They told you where they could fish and we could pick from those places.

No, they don't like you bringing your own stuff. They had Shimano equipment on the boats we were on.

I'll elaborate from what I know. I never actually booked these things. Tracey always did it. In the past I know they had a guide that was totally kick-butt. This was when the boys were littler. He was really great not only at puting them on the fish but in offering to help the boys without intruding on father/son time. If you've ever fished with smaller children you know it's tedious and keeps an adult busy with little to no time to actually fish themselves. 2 boys consumes an adult. The guide offered to help and assisted so that Tracey was still involved with the boys and teaching them stuff but did enough that Tracey got to fish, too. Now, when Tracey & my brother went just the 2 of them in Sept. '11 they found the guide kind of annoying. I'm not surprised. Tracey & my brother fish together and have their own rhythm. They're like a little fishing team. The guide didn't know their rhythm and they found him to be slow. Tracey & Jerry will move on if they aren't getting any bites fairly quickly. They have certain things they look for in a "spot" to fish. All of this didn't fit so perfectly with the guide they got. I swear, it might've been better to just let those 2 big boys take a boat and come back later. LOL! So, the guides can be hit or miss in many ways. Of the 3 or 4 times they've been there was only ever the 1 annoying experience.

Cost and "worth it" is always subjective. I have no idea what the price is these days but I can tell you what the monthly payment is on a bass boat that hasn't touched water in months. I guarantee the price of the excursion is not as much as the monthly boat payment + insurance + storage. A tank of gas alone runs $150-$200. It's all subjective.

Again, I think I may have some pics from the last excursion but the fish weren't as plentiful as on trips before that. The earlier trips they caught waaaaaay more. Tracey's exact words: It's like MAGIC! Well duh. You're at WDW. I would not be surprised if there's a diver down there with a bag of fish.... LOL! Prior to your trip, look at moon phases and the Farmer's Almanac. Try to plan for the most optimal time of day on the best day during your trip. These things will increase your likelihood of an active fishing excursion. If you need help with that shoot me a message with your trip dates. Tracey can look up the info and give recommendations of when he'd choose.

They launch vessels for fishing from different resorts/marinas. I know the guys have started out at the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Yacht Club. The better experiences I'm pretty sure were from the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. They'll tell you where on the lake(s) you can or can't go.

Nope. Leave your gear at home. They have decent stuff. I've not heard any complaints of crappy disposable-quality gear or tackle. Thank God they don't let y'all bring your own gear. I shudder at the rod cases, tackle boxes, etc. etc. that would have to travel. If anything happened to that stuff in-transit....ugh....huge loss. That stuff is so expensive. I'm glad for them to have everything provided and not lose hours to the gear prep that seems standard for fishing trips. LOL!

Billy6

Refreshing like…ehhhhh not so much…
DSC_0583.jpg

OH MY GOD, BECKY LOOK AT HER......... SHE MUST BE ONE OF THOSE RAP GUYS GIRLFRIENDS....

sweetpee_1993

OH MY GOD, BECKY LOOK AT HER......... SHE MUST BE ONE OF THOSE RAP GUYS GIRLFRIENDS....
...they only talk to her because she looks like a total prostitute....

Geez, talk about memories! 18th birthday trip to Gulf Shores.... Slapping a drunk friend repeatedly who wouldn't quit pointing at my butt and reciting "Oh my God, Becky! Look at her butt!"..... Ugh!

disneygirl1

As always I can count on your TR to make me laugh! Love Sci-Fi. I been checking the Disney site daily for a reservation to open up when we are there for Christmas. No dice as of now!!! Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom