Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
LOL, no comments on this yet. First offensive post in your TR perhaps. Is this a "where is this photo taken" game? Hollywood Studios on Hollywood Blvd, somewhere around Starring Rolls? Or is this a "caption this" game. Timbaland's little lyric in JT's TKO comes to mind, "she kills me with that coo, cootchie cootchie coo".

The real question is how THICK are her panty lines? Jesus...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 2 10/10/2013

So, I have made it to day 2 without any complaints. Good job humans! Well a lot of you did complain because you “had” to wait so long for another update. But, that is life. Sometimes it’s not fair.

Man oh man oh man…Typhoon Lagoon time! I have missed this place so much. I can no longer go swimming anywhere without getting mad that it is NOT Typhoon Lagoon. The place is absolutely perfect and has everything you could possibly need in a water park.

The Humongous wave pool.

A Water powered “roller coaster”.

Water Slides.

A Lazy River.

A Shark Reef.

Big hairy guys walking around in Speedos and thongs…

I mean what more could you possibly ask for right?

Anyways it seemed like our biggest concern leaving our room was where we were going to eat lunch. If the bus goes to Downtown Disney first, then it is Earl of Sandwich. If it goes to Typhoon Lagoon first, then it’s somewhere there. Where else would you worry about such a thing other than Disney?

The bus arrives and he is going to Downtown Disney first. So, Earl it is!

The bus driver took that goofy back way to get to DTD. Takes like 25-30 minutes when you go that way. DTD is literally not 3 minutes past Typhoon Lagoon yet when the bus goes directly to TL it took us 8 minutes one trip. Why in the world (no pun) do they go that back way? It is so freaking aggravating to take 30 minutes to get somewhere when you know it should only take 10-15…15 TOPS. Things like that may not be that big a deal to some of you folks but we like to maximize every minute possible. Yeah we are here 15 days but that time FLIES by. We arrive and literally it seems like we are going back home. We just do not like to waste any time…especially on things that can be controlled.

I already knew what I was getting before we walked in the doors at Earl.

The Club Sandwich!

DSC00154_1.JPG

DSC00154_1.JPG

DSC00155_1.JPG

Colleen got The Caprese...

DSC00152_1.JPG

DSC00153_1.JPG

Sorry, no pictures of our potato chips. So what, deal with it.

Now we are off to the bus stop to Typhoon. We were told by our last bus driver that every bus goes to Typhoon Lagoon but me being skeptical and never being THAT lucky I decided to ask bus drivers anyway. Naturally the first 4 buses were NOT going to TL. Finally the fifth one was and we are on our way!

While walking to the gates you can start to hear the music. Perfect. This place is just perfect. I love walking around that bend where you can walk up 3-4 steps and then get a sneak peak at The Wave Pool. That will be our first stop. Love jumping, swimming, and diving into the huge waves. So much fun. People get so jacked up. They lose things, pop out…What a great time!

I guess me and lil dude next to me where thinking the same thing…

DSC00156_1.JPG

Here is mine, and a bunch of random peoples butts…

DSC00158_1.JPG

The wave pool!

DSC00159_1.JPG

Here we are. I got a sweet suntan going on. Sun all in my eyes…

DSC00161_1.JPG

Poor lady looks kind of nervous…I promise I was not taking the picture of her though. I was getting the wave that was about to eat her!

DSC00168_1.JPG

Haha pretty manly looking pose from me here. I am just about to splash Colleen. Meanwhile, someone could use a back comb. Jesus. He has finger waves on his back!

DSC00170_1.JPG

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 2 10/10/2013 Continued...

This really explains the wave pool pretty decently…

DSC00172_1.JPG

...and a few Shark Reef pictures!

DSC00177_1.JPG

DSC00178_1.JPG

Having a few issues getting all the videos we took while at Typhoon Lagoon. As soon as I figure it out I will get them posted on here...

Time to go now. Wait…did you really think I would forget to get Dip n Dot’s? I LOVE Dip n Dots!!! So naturally I got a gigantic cup of them. Well that is all of the Typhoon Lagoon I have for you today. Now we must leave. We have to shower and change at the resort and head to Epcot. We have a late reservation at Le Cellier.

Arriving at Epcot, it is crowded. It is always going to be crowded this whole trip. So weak. Anyways…here is Spaceship Earth from outside the gates…

DSC_0326.JPG

Here is a quick shot of The Food and Wine Festival sign just inside the gates…

DSC_0328.JPG

Up first is Spaceship Earth. Not only because we love it but because Epcot is really crowded and there is no wait for whatever reason here.

DSC_0330.JPG

If there is any ride/attraction in Disney that offers up some good photo captions it is SSE.

“I know one of you two left the light on in the basement, I swear if you do it again I WILL take this robe off.”

DSC_0333.JPG

Dude on left - “Damn son, where you get that Jaguars jersey from?”

Dude on right – “Borntrade in China. $22!”

Dude in middle – “Man you know damn well that is a knockoff. You can’t get no real jersey for $22.”

Dude on left – “You gonna let him play you like that son?”

Dude on right – “Y’all some haters.”

DSC_0336.JPG

Okay that was ridiculous. Sorry I am VERY bored at work guys. Back to the pictures…

DSC_0337.JPG

“I don’t care what your little book says…I aint wearing no little purple tights. My little Chinese lady outfit is just fine.”

DSC_0342.JPG

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Okay, enough silliness.,,

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0348.JPG

Off to browse and maybe make some food and beverage purchases. But first here is a swimming pool filled with cranberries!

DSC_0353.JPG

Okay NOW we are off to World Showcase. The first booth we saw was Brazil…Oddly enough there was not one person here…

DSC_0355.JPG

Then Argentina…

DSC_0356.JPG

Australia…

DSC_0357.JPG

Mexico! We are going to stop in here and look around. This place is amazing.

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

DSC_0365.JPG

Margaritas…

DSC_0366.JPG

To be Continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Sorry for the lack of commentary in these Food and Wine Posts but there is not a whole lot to say about them...o_O

Singapore…

DSC_0367.JPG

Now a little break in the AC and another one of our favorite rides/attractions…

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0370.JPG

DSC_0371.JPG

So I can see the sign for China now…I wanted to try that Strawberry Shaved Ice Cream. I was so excited. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd they are out of it. I am not even going to type what was going on in my head.

DSC_0376.JPG

South Korea…

DSC_0377.JPG

Africa…

DSC_0378.JPG

Now we enter the world where Colleen’s family is from.

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

Anyone got $37,500.00 + tax I can borrow?

DSC_0383.JPG

To Be Continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Off to Poland…

DSC_0385.JPG

Now, for the greatest place on earth…

DSC_0386.JPG

Here is our first stop and “purchase” from Food and Wine!

DSC_0387.JPG

Colleen had The Lobster Roll…

DSC_0388.JPG

I had the Lobster Tail...

DSC_0391.JPG

Moving along now…

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

However...

DSC_0396.JPG

will get some attention because we stopped in side Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie!

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Here are the pics from Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie...

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0399.JPG

DSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

Anyone around here who knows ANYTHING about me can pretty much guess what I decided to get...

DSC_0405.JPG

It was a little dry in the pie crust. Either way still pretty good.

Back outside to more of Colleen's roots...

DSC_0408.JPG

The Great White North!
DSC_0409.JPG

Thank you Canada for Mario Lemieux.

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Next stop is Greece where I am going to try out (what smells to be) a delicious Chicken Gyro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0410.JPG

DSC_0411.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

Man, this thing was REALLY good. The sauce was very good and the pita was just right. Not too thick or thin.

Moving along now...

DSC_0413.JPG

Aloha! (If you don’t know what stand is next…poke yourself in the eye)

DSC_0414.JPG

DSC_0415.JPG

Now we have to make our way over to Test Track to use our Fast Passes. I have managed to keep the Test Track refurb a secret…from myself. I did not read about it, watch anything about it on the Disney World TV specials, I skipped that part of the planning DVD and did not watch a single YouTube clip. The only glimpse I caught and gathered is that the theme was the color blue.

Had to snap some pictures along the way…

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0422.JPG

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Keeping the photographs moving here...

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

Test track was pretty cool. The waiting area inside where you just stand in that room and wait to go into the next room to design your car is a bit much. Designing your car was cool. I really had NO clue why we were doing this. After that we went out to…WAIT IN ANOTHER ROOM! This is like movie previews when you go to the movies. When we finally DID get on the ride the first thing I noticed was the seat belt check area was still the most absolutely disgusting place on the planet. Just huge balls of dust, chewed gum and god knows what else just COVERS the entire floor. If someone asked me if I would rather walk on the barefoot and drink a cup of hot dog fat that marinated inside of one of Hulk Hogan’s mustache…I would choose the hot dog fat…no question. The new ride experience itself is not too bad. It’s cool to see how your car that you designed stands up to the tests and stuff but Old Test Track seemed like it offered more of an experience. They could have added the car design part and kept the ride exactly the same and it would have been a home run still. Now it’s like a double, or you reached 3rd on a throwing error.

Well now we are making our way back across the park for our Le Cellier ADR. First…

DSC_0427.JPG

Just had to squeeze that in there (That’s what HE said). Here are some pictures that Colleen took with my camera while I checked us in…

DSC_0429.JPG

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0434.JPG

Colleen definitely gets into the “artsy” side while taking pictures. Me, I am more lazy and to the point. She would probably be REALLY good at photography if she would learn about it a bit more.

Le Cellier Food o is up next folks!!!

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Now for the ography…

The Pretzel Bread...

DSC_0441.JPG

Colleen had Alaskan Halibut…

DSC_0444.JPG

I, of course had The “Le Cellier” Mushroom Filet Mignon…

DSC_0445.JPG

That is a TERRIBLE picture. For some reason my lens would not focus on the steak. Our table was small, it was dark and I was hungry. You will see it again in better quality. I promise.
The steak was good. Not great. It could have been great still, I just may not have realized it one day removed from the Filet I had at California Grill.

For dessert Colleen had The Neopolitan Cappuccino Cake…

DSC_0446.JPG

I had The Chocolate “Moose”. I did not take a picture of it though.

After Le Cellier we made our way to The Land Pavilion. We had a Fast Pass for Soarin’ and wanted to do Living with the Land before we left as well. We had 5 minutes before our FP’s were ready so I did the most natural thing any normal person would do in the situation…

DSC_0448.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

DSC_0454.JPG

To be continued...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

More Land Area pictures...

DSC_0470.JPG

DSC_0471.JPG

DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_0473.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

DSC_0475.JPG

DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

That is all for our 2nd day.

Crowds were still pretty insane all over the park. Nothing was really "easy" to get in and out of (What he said). There were just folks all over the place. This one line had a line to get in line.

I know I said I was not going to use the sites uploader but I really did not have any "cool" or "special" photos that really needed to be crisp and presented "properly". Soon though...they will be here shortly.

Hope you all enjoyed this installment. Now to start working on our Day 3 photos!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

bmarkelon

Nicely done, love it! #1 Pet sitter?! WTH, that's so funny. Your describing the bus route just backs me up in us always having a car, that would seriously fire me up...I get it. Don't stop captioning photos either, hilarious.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Nicely done, love it! #1 Pet sitter?! WTH, that's so funny. Your describing the bus route just backs me up in us always having a car, that would seriously fire me up...I get it. Don't stop captioning photos either, hilarious.

Honestly the only bus issues that we had we going to DTD or TL. The rest of our trip...the transportation was awesome. Especially considering how buns it was last time we stayed at Pop.

Haha photos will remain captioned once given the opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom