Japan: TBA
Morocco: Aladdin
France: Ratatouille
UK: Alice dark ride, Through the Eyes of Mr Burton :D
Canada:TBA

PARDON THE DUST.

Last edited:

tcool123

Can we redo Mexico with Emperor's New Groove? Also, some ideas are China- Mulan. France- Ratatouille, Italy- Pinnochio, UK- Mary Poppins
When Mexico expands all the way down and conquers Peru then sure, but until the film that takes place in the Incan (not Mayan/Aztec) Empire should not and never be included in Mexico.

Do we really need to re-toon World Showcase? The last thing we need for that place to turn into the next Fantasyland. But, unfortunately, I'm sure those cold heartless, money-grubbing executives will want to do this. Let's hope Iger's replacement isn't as money-hungry as Eisner and Iger are.
I mean if it fits into the classic edutainment idea it can't be that bad. For example @brb1006 introduced the Atistocats to teach about French art and music

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Do we really need to re-toon World Showcase? The last thing we need for that place to turn into the next Fantasyland. But, unfortunately, I'm sure those cold heartless, money-grubbing executives will want to do this. Let's hope Iger's replacement isn't as money-hungry as Eisner and Iger are.

I totally agree here.

I don't think adding characters to World Showcase is a good idea. It completely goes against the idea of Epcot, which is educating and entertaining about the real world.

It's not a good connection to make something like Frozen to Norway just because it takes place in that geographical area. Frozen is still fictional, and shouldn't have a place in Epcot.

Edutaning with characters still doesn't help, since the idea still is at odds with the "Epcot Sprit".

When Mexico expands all the way down and conquers Peru then sure, but until the film that takes place in the Incan (not Mayan/Aztec) Empire should not and never be included in Mexico.

nyeuq.jpg

brb1006

I mean if it fits into the classic edutainment idea it can't be that bad. For example @brb1006 introduced the Aristocats to teach about French art and music
Glecs7A.gif

I'm going to avoid replying to any of the responses in this thread. Especially since I love the idea of characters at Epcot but not to the level that Frozen where it takes over the entire pavilion.

jt04

Original Poster
Can we redo Mexico with Emperor's New Groove? Also, some ideas are China- Mulan. France- Ratatouille, Italy- Pinnochio, UK- Mary Poppins
Definitely Mulan especially with the live action movie starting production. They can work to promote each other. Approved by your friendly A.I..

jt04

Original Poster
Added Ratatouille to France. Either a clone dark ride or a Philharmagic-esque 4D show in the existing theater utilizing the Pixar classic.

This also allows for both Philharmagic (which is miscast in the current location IMHO) and Muppets theater to be repurposed in the future.

jt04

Original Poster
Not sure about toons for America. We get enough of that from the political class these days.

My idea is for a streamlined carousel placed out front or to the side of the main show building.

I think a 2 Decker decorated top to bottom with Americana. The backstory would be that it was built for the centennial and was restored and relocated to the pavilion to preserve it.

Aesthetics of MSUSA and the exhibits at the Smithsonian Castle on the mall in D.C..

DisneyManOne

Permit me to whine about Frozen for a second. Look, I'm not against the idea of cultural properties in World Showcase. But here's the thing with Frozen--it doesn't even take place in Norway. Look at all the other toons here--Mulan does indeed take place in China, Ratatouille does indeed take place in France, Alice in Wonderland has its roots firmly set in British culture...but Frozen? There's absolutely no mention of it being set in Norway. And on top of that, you know how Frozen was inspired by "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Anderson? He was from Denmark!

jt04

Original Poster
It is going to be fun watching the transformation.

And it is best for business. Win-Win.

spacemt354

Chili's
It is going to be fun watching the transformation.

And it is best for business. Win-Win.
I think stuff like Ratatouille in France would be fine. But there are some countries on the promenade that really don't have IPs that correlate with the central themes of the nation.

Like Aladdin in Morocco, or Frozen in Norway, doesn't make sense because the IP has nothing to do with the countries. At least Ratatouille revolved around French cuisine and actually took place in France.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom