Finding Nemo The Musical

Finding Nemo The Musical should it...

• Total voters

thomas998

Sat through it one time... no one in my family liked it from the youngest to the oldest.... The show was lame then and is probably just as lame now. Was like watching a very bad puppet show.

danyoung56

It is a great show but I have always been surprised at its location. Does anyone know why it is in Dinoland in AK? Or is it supposed to be its own mini-land?

The theater (didn't it used to be called Theater In The Wild?) was built for the Tarzan show, which may or may not be a better fit. But when the time came to change up to the Nemo show, that's where the theater was.

They need new benches worst seating at wdw

Really? Custom wooden benches, as opposed to the metal bleachers they have at Lion King?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
The theater (didn't it used to be called Theater In The Wild?) was built for the Tarzan show, which may or may not be a better fit. But when the time came to change up to the Nemo show, that's where the theater was.

It still is called Theater in the Wild..And for some reason they techinally count it a part of Dinoland....So....If you want to "Thematically" fit it into the story of it. It could be it's the Dino Institutes Lecture Hall....And it's being used for Performances when it's not being used for the Students Dino Findings....;)

And I will say this....It has probably one of the Best Loops of AK being used....Most of the tracks are from 3 different Albums "Nature's Harmony - African Splendor & Wolf Magic" which you can find on Google Music, Spotify..Etc...

Also the first track you hear in the loop...Believe it or not is actually a track used from the video game....World of Warcraft...Here's the extended version of that track..

Last edited:

angela02

I know I am probably in the minority but I really dislike this show. My middle child loves it and it really is well done, but for some reason I do not like it. I dread having to go and find time standing still when watching it, but it makes my two of my kids happy so we go every visit. I do not, however, think it should be replaced.

JohnD

It has been 10 years now since Finding Nemo The Musical has been playing over at AK..What are your thoughts?
finding-nemo-the-musical-gallery00.jpg

Just saw it last week. I love it. It's like a Broadway musical on WDW property. The guy who plays Crush can really belt out the tunes.

JohnD

It is a great show but I have always been surprised at its location. Does anyone know why it is in Dinoland in AK? Or is it supposed to be its own mini-land?

I dunno. Early on why was FOTLK in Minnie-Mickey? They could have built a theater in Africa from the get-go and kept that area closed off until Pandora was built. Just think of the theater as a self-contained Australia outside Asia and it fits.

UKDisney Dave

Let me start out by saying I like the show, some nice musical numbers, good use of puppets and just long enough to hold attention......

However I went this week and was shocked by how bad the performance was. Several lead cast struggling to hit their notes, sound mixing was shocking, no ballence at all with dory drowning out everything else (and I mean that her mic level was loud, not that her character was big), and overall a real lack lustre performance.

I appreciate these guys are doing this 5 times a day, but that's there job. A highly prized and competitive job they fought hard to get. They new what it was going into it. So for me personally fix the performance issues with this show first, before worrying about swapping it out. Either get a management team that will uphold the standards of the cast, don't sing it live (puppets give a licence to do that) or close it down.

Mickey5150

Disney can't change it or else everyone will complain about how great the show is and how Disney is ruining their vacation by changing the show. "It was the first show we saw as a family, I'm sick that they are closing it."

joanna71985

Love it! It's one of my favorite shows on property (I've been seeing it since previews, and can easily see it multiple times a day)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As a theatre major in college AND as someone who has grown up in a touring children's theatre company all my life (The Baillie Players based in South Carolina), Finding Nemo: The Musical is definitely the 2nd best broadway-style musical to EVER exist at a Disney theme park! (Ranking behind Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular) This is my opinion, but I've seen SOOO many broadway shows in New York and on National Tour to the Peace Center... This show is truly REMARKABLE! Heck, shockingly, in a broadway show I saw (forgot the show it was a while back), one of the lead actors starred in Finding Nemo the Musical! It was in the program!

HOWEVER... The below is TERRIBLY true!!!

Let me start out by saying I like the show, some nice musical numbers, good use of puppets and just long enough to hold attention......

However I went this week and was shocked by how bad the performance was. Several lead cast struggling to hit their notes, sound mixing was shocking, no ballence at all with dory drowning out everything else (and I mean that her mic level was loud, not that her character was big), and overall a real lack lustre performance.

I appreciate these guys are doing this 5 times a day, but that's there job. A highly prized and competitive job they fought hard to get. They new what it was going into it. So for me personally fix the performance issues with this show first, before worrying about swapping it out. Either get a management team that will uphold the standards of the cast, don't sing it live (puppets give a licence to do that) or close it down.

I recently saw Finding Nemo the Musical in July... And the actors just didn't cut it. Specifically, Nemo was played by a small asian lady with a REALLY thick accent! Blind casting is fine unless it's too distracting. We had a VERY asian-stereotypical Nemo and it was just incredibly awkward and weird. The guy who played Marlin just didn't.. portray... Marlin. The only actors that had noteworthy performances were the sharks and dory. It was sad, because I KNOW how AMAZING this show can be!!

It seems as if Disney is either starting to slack on auditions/replacements, or they're running out of options. This show has the potential to be the best theme park show to ever exist at WDW! And for anyone who says Festival of the Lion King is better and resembles more of a broadway show than Nemo...... Tell me ONE broadway show where you sit for 15 minutes making animal noises and then get back to me. FOTLK has good elements, but... It's nowhere near as amazing at Nemo. Sorry.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My question is... Why replace ANYthing? FOTLK and Nemo are both great! Want another show? Lets get another theatre! Why replace two literally TIMELESS shows when AK has plenty of room for expansion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom