Finding Nemo/Living Seas rehab complete by July!

AkEverestAK

Original Poster
From screamscape- The latest rumor to float in from SeaBase Alpha claims that we may soon see the return of the Sea Cabs along with the next phase of the Finding Nemo overlay. From the sounds of things, it could be finished by July.

downwitheisner

From screamscape- The latest rumor to float in from SeaBase Alpha claims that we may soon see the return of the Sea Cabs along with the next phase of the Finding Nemo overlay. From the sounds of things, it could be finished by July.

Woo! hoo! sea cabs!!!!

Kwit35

my first

This is my first post ever, in any forum. So welcome me to the 21st century.
:D
I think that by putting back the SeaCabs, Disney would make alot of the die hard fans very happy. I miss the classics (WOM and Horizons). I was so disappointed the past few times I was at Epcot. JII has lost its charm, and all the classics are gone. The Living Sea pavillion was practically empty and it was so depressing.
Anyway, this is good news and I can't wait to see how it looks so far (I will be there in one week, 3/5).

YES!! They're coming back! The last two times I was there it made me really angry that they took away the sea cabs, but now they're coming back sooooooo IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!:D

SirGoofy

WOO HOO! A slow moving omnimover ride(this is not a sarcastic sentence)! I'm really glad to hear they are comin back. I hope they add some AAs and make it a Nemo dark ride/the tour of the tanks.

SirNim

I shall anticipate the grand return of the beloved SeaCabs this year! I can finally stop holding my breath!

*exhales and breathes in a big gulp of fresh oxygen and nitrogen*

greg416

sea cabs

I think disney better wake up and realize that the omnimover and the AA rides were what gave it all its appeal not cheap inexpensive to run simulators like mission space don't get me wrong i can see space as an additional aattraction but not as a replacement for horizons , horizons just needed a facelift ,see thats the problem everytime they added an attraction at epcot they took a great attraction away and a disney nut that makes very angry if they want epcot to be what it used to be they need
remember what the disney name is based on!!!!!!!!!

Goofster

ohh come on now, is the most expensive theme park attraction ever built really "cheap"?

that being said, glad to hear the cabs are coming back, I can't wait to see what the Nemo overlay does to the pavillion

greg416

Read a little closer

You dont get it when a company puts computerized conveyor system in , say it initially cost them 2 million dollars to build , its the most expensive project ever , but then why did they do it , because by installing the computer controlled system they can elimate say 20 workers the conveyor pays for itself in a year . So yes MS is the most expensive attraction ever built but the operating costs of a simulator are far less the a complex omnimover system with A.A. through out , so they will more then make thier money back and you get a lot less of an experience , I gaurantee you MS will lose its appeal alot faster than horizons evre would have.But hey when they have thier stock holder meetings it will look great on paper .

andre85

Re: Read a little closer

Originally posted by greg416
I gaurantee you MS will lose its appeal alot faster than horizons evre would have.But hey when they have thier stock holder meetings it will look great on paper .

Test Track is still going strong. However, if that time frame isn't sufficient enough, I'll reference Tower of Terror. Though it didn't replace any attraction, it is still incredibly popular despite being a decade old.

greg416

Your Right

Your right test track is a good ride although WOM was also a very good ride you should be able to have them both , tower terror also good ,but lets face it MGM needed tower there really isn't alot there .But MS is a simulator in every way not worthy of replacing horizons , If they would of updated horizons it would have been far superior MS.

MrNonacho

Premium Member

MS will lose its appeal alot faster than horizons evre would have.

Except that Horizons had lost its appeal to a great many people long before it was closed for good. Many people enjoyed its campiness, and the idea behind it was great, but the ride itself as it was up to its closing was really dated and needed to be updated badly.

It would have been great if it had been kept and updated, but if there really were problems with the land or the building then the choice to raze the pavilion was a pretty clear one...

Defend10

So yes MS is the most expensive attraction ever built but the operating costs of a simulator are far less the a complex omnimover system with A.A. through out , so they will more then make thier money back and you get a lot less of an experience , I gaurantee you MS will lose its appeal alot faster than horizons evre would have.But hey when they have thier stock holder meetings it will look great on paper .

OK, M:S may require less regular maintenence costs than an omnimover system, but do you realize the staffing this attraction requires? Way larger than the 10, max, required to run an omnimover. This alone outweighs the cost of maintenence on the rides you speak of.

If Disney does what they say they will w/ M:S and continue to update it, the appeal shouldn't diminish.

Oh, and pleeeeease, sentences and paragraphs make it so much easier to read :cool:

All4Gemini

On the Horizons/M:S issue, According to many sources, parts of the foundation underneath the Horizons building were falling apart and it wasn't safe to keep the attraction open. No, I am not saying that I am happy that Horizons left us, but the safety issues were one of the main reasons it closed so early.

All4Gemini

Let me rephrase that, the safety issues were why the building had to be torn down which essentially made it close. I think plans for M:S were already in progress anyway though, it was just a matter of time.

AkEverestAK

Original Poster
back on the original topic...

if they have room down there, i think they should add to that attraction and make it a lot better. Add many Nemo AA's and enclosed spaces. In between these scenes you can go through the tanks. Think about it, that ride could be excellent and bring crowds to the living seas.

All4Gemini

Originally posted by AkEverestAK
back on the original topic...

if they have room down there, i think they should add to that attraction and make it a lot better. Add many Nemo AA's and enclosed spaces. In between these scenes you can go through the tanks. Think about it, that ride could be excellent and bring crowds to the living seas.

Yeah sorry about that, didn't mean to sway way off. Good ideas though, it would be much better than it used to be that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom