Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

IMG_5889.gif

DreamfinderGuy

If they're already filing permits, if this IS about Imagination 4, it almost looks like this would be done before those two.
There's a good chance it would wrap before the Dinoland project does, but there's no chance it happens before Test Track. Test Track already has a date and pressure to bring it back online fast, neither of those apply to Imagination.

Future World struggles without Test Track, however much like it was just fine without Universe of Energy for five years it would do just fine without Imagination.

zipadee999

There's a good chance it would wrap before the Dinoland project does, but there's no chance it happens before Test Track. Test Track already has a date and pressure to bring it back online fast, neither of those apply to Imagination.

Future World struggles without Test Track, however much like it was just fine without Universe of Energy for five years it would do just fine without Imagination.
Imagination is empty most days, so it’s not like the capacity it offers is being used anyways. Test Track is extremely popular, so taking that offline will leave quite a few extra people to crowd up the midways

SailorMercury

Imagination is empty most days, so it’s not like the capacity it offers is being used anyways. Test Track is extremely popular, so taking that offline will leave quite a few extra people to crowd up the midways
What I see may happen, when the center of Future World opens, they’ll move Mickey out of Magic Eye, put Figment M&G there. They’ll be able to close the entire pavilion to do something with it.

If they took Guardians off of VQ, that would eat up Test Track. But the center of future world having the Mickey and Friends M&G will take some of the families into there.

aladdin2007

I dont think anything is going to happen with Imagination until Test Track and SE are done....unless a new sponsor is footing the bill and wants it NOW. but there have been no rumors of that....
I would love to be wrong and it be NOW. Lets hope they are at least moving forward with planning a new version even if its a spark notes (as another poster stated) version of the original. I think they know they have to do better with whatever they do here next, no matter what we all think of current management or Imagineering.

Surferboy567

If imagination is indeed being looked out this EPCOT transformation really was the shot in the arm the park needed. Every pavilion in future world was refreshed besides the seas which I don't think really needs it. Spaceship Earth is also likely next up at some point. Truly would become the largest transformation of any Disney park I've seen.

Moth

If imagination is indeed being looked out this EPCOT transformation really was the shot in the arm the park needed. Every pavilion in future world was refreshed besides the seas which I don't think really needs it. Spaceship Earth is also likely next up at some point. Truly would become the largest transformation of any Disney park I've seen.
Technically The Seas got a small refresh. They added the Finding Dory stuff and repainted the exterior, I swear they did something else also....

Haymarket2008

Technically The Seas got a small refresh. They added the Finding Dory stuff and repainted the exterior, I swear they did something else also....

Right. Apart from some cosmetic changes in the interior (bringing back the pavilion logo/updating signage/*some* of the 1986 color scheme) and painting the building back to the off-white of long ago, there were no substantive changes.

I would say that the EPCOT overhaul hasn't left its mark on the pavilion yet.

UNCgolf

Journey and SSE are the two rides in the worst shape in property. So I hope this comes to fruition.

From a maintenance standpoint (i.e. needing a track replacement) SSE is definitely up there, although I'm not sure it beats out Space Mountain. From a quality standpoint, there are a ton of rides that need work before SSE (even though SSE does need work, mainly around the descent). It's still one of the best rides at EPCOT, if not the best.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

From a maintenance standpoint (i.e. needing a track replacement) then SSE is definitely up there, although I'm not sure it beats out Space Mountain. From a quality standpoint, there are a ton of rides that need work before SSE (even though SSE does need work, mainly around the descent). It's still one of the best rides at EPCOT, if not the best.
Indeed. The scenes in SSE are all still great even if the omnimover is laboring, but there’s nothing just completely embarrassing from a show standpoint other than your head frequently looking like it’s riddled with bullet holes during the descent video. Meanwhile, Imagination, Space Ranger Spin, Speedway, Nemo, Three Caballeros (the video footage), and PeopleMover (the windowed show scenes) feel like they should’ve been taken out back and shot a decade ago. Just shambling corpses at this point.

Indeed. The scenes in SSE are all still great even if the omnimover is laboring, but there’s nothing just completely embarrassing from a show standpoint other than your head frequently looking like it’s riddled with bullet holes during the descent video. Meanwhile, Imagination, Space Ranger Spin, Speedway, Nemo, Three Caballeros (the video footage), and PeopleMover (the windowed show scenes) feel like they should’ve been taken out back and shot a decade ago. Just shambling corpses at this point.
Honestly SSE content wise is still great, if anything it just needs work done to the track and ride system. Imagination on the other hand needs to go ASAP. I don’t think it’s a bad ride, but it’s horribly outdated and is just plain depressing compared to the 83 version.

Personally I Peoplemover is in a pretty good state rn, especially with the new narration being well received. Then again I’m biased since that’s my favorite MK attraction.

From a maintenance standpoint (i.e. needing a track replacement) then SSE is definitely up there, although I'm not sure it beats out Space Mountain. From a quality standpoint, there are a ton of rides that need work before SSE (even though SSE does need work, mainly around the descent). It's still one of the best rides at EPCOT, if not the best.
Not to mention that it’s kind of a sacred attraction like Living With The Land. Those are the last two remaining rides that still have the original thematic feel of OG Epcot. In a park that pretty much changes its rides almost constantly, I’m beyond grateful that those two classics exist

James Alucobond

Personally I Peoplemover is in a pretty good state rn, especially with the new narration being well received. Then again I’m biased since that’s my favorite MK attraction.
Tried to call out just the window scenes. I like the ride itself, and the views outside are of course timeless. The rides (or elements of rides for PeopleMover and Three Caballeros) I mentioned are things that I view as aggressively mediocre that have been so for ages even though simple, relatively inexpensive improvements could make them much better. They’re things you look at and wonder, “Why is that still like that?”

Tried to call out just the window scenes. I like the ride itself, and the views outside are of course timeless. The rides (or elements of rides for PeopleMover and Three Caballeros) I mentioned are things that I view as aggressively mediocre that have been so for ages even though simple, relatively inexpensive improvements could make them much better. They’re things you look at and wonder, “Why is that still like that?”
Aside from Progress City, I definitely agree that those window scenes are the weakest part of the peoplemover. Yeah there kinda charming at first, but they honestly don’t fit with the current "70s white futurism" that is slowly being pushed in Tomorrowland. Not to mention that after riding the Peoplemover literally over 100 times at this point, the novelty of those scenes is kinda lost. Take the hair salon one for example, yeah it’s kinda cool for 1994 but it looks HORRIBLY outdated nowadays.

Attachments

• IMG_8213.jpeg
    IMG_8213.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 52

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom