Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

You know, I feel that real life events would actually serve well for a film synopsis. The film all takes place within Dreamfinder’s Imagination Institute, as he creates Figment and people come from all over to marvel at his innovations. He’d serve as a father figure for Figment, as he did in the original attraction, and it isn’t until the institute is bought up by greedy executives (Nigel Channing & company) that he is banished, and Figment is taken from him to be used as an experiment. Figment revolts against Channing & the institute, lashing out at almost everyone in a fit of rage, and as time goes on he almost becomes a pest himself. Just as he realizes his behavior is almost as bad as Channing & his fellow colleagues, Dreamfinder returns to rescue him, & there is a beautiful moment where they are reunited at the end. I know it may be a little on the nose but real life events almost ironically feel like a movie in of itself, knowing what was taken from us. Dreamfinder not only left Figment but he also left us, and having this be a pivotal plot point could work wonders

Rodj

You know, I feel that real life events would actually serve well for a film synopsis. The film all takes place within Dreamfinder’s Imagination Institute, as he creates Figment and people come from all over to marvel at his innovations. He’d serve as a father figure for Figment, as he did in the original attraction, and it isn’t until the institute is bought up by greedy executives (Nigel Channing & company) that he is banished, and Figment is taken from him to be used as an experiment. Figment revolts against Channing & the institute, lashing out at almost everyone in a fit of rage, and as time goes on he almost becomes a pest himself. Just as he realizes his behavior is almost as bad as Channing & his fellow colleagues, Dreamfinder returns to rescue him, & there is a beautiful moment where they are reunited at the end. I know it may be a little on the nose but real life events almost ironically feel like a movie in of itself, knowing what was taken from us. Dreamfinder not only left Figment but he also left us, and having this be a pivotal plot point could work wonders
There's actually a fanfic I read that is very close to this but also involving Doubt and other elements from the comics.

Inspired Figment

The trouble is that the Imagination Institute is fully tied to the Honey I Shrunk IP. Specifically the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience film. Even there, Dr. Nigel Channing is the chairman of the institute so to make Dreamfinder as the head of that all the sudden.. doesn’t really make much sense. That in essence would be retconning the story and other elements of the original ride. And even though the current attraction features a door titled “Dean Finder”. The truth is, it’s literally describing a position within the institute that looks for for the Dean or Head of the Institute, and oddly enough, seems they picked Dr. Channing for whatever reason, despite there hardly being a creative bone in his body, than again, considering it’s based entirely around the 5 senses.. not of Dreams/Exploration of the creative realms, idea forming, etc... I can’t help but think the whole concept lacks any basic understanding or really any focus that is of how creativity works or improves both our minds and the world around us (the Institute concept that is) (and on a side note, I almost see that “Dean Finder” name in there as a mocking reference rather than any real tribute considering the place/story of the current ride & it’s portrayal of Figment.. ngl.) in comparison, in the original, Dreamfinder’s fortay really is in.. well.. “Dream Finding” and not just helping collect and recombine sparks (abstract ideas) to help folks create new things, but, along with Figment storing all those sparks he finds into the Dreamport where it further sorted, recombined, redistrubuted, etc. and ultimately helps in improving the world along in their own ventures through the realms of imagination. He & Figment went on travels through the realms of imagination, collected sparks via the flying dreamcatching machine and then stored those sparks in the dreamport, aswell as ventured into the realms of imagination (art, literature, theatre, science & technology, film.. basically abstract realms that represent every medium or occupation that best utilizes creativity & idea making to its full potential.) to continue to learn about imagination’s abilities aswell as their own creative abilities.

Another detail to remember is that in the current attraction, Dreamfinder Infact is snoring in the Dream Lab.. (Chuck McCann, DF’s original VA, is the recorded snoring behind that door). Meaning they basically put him to sleep behind closed doors to possibly further their goals in taking over the Dreamport and original pavilion. 👀

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

The trouble is that the Imagination Institute is fully tied to the Honey I Shrunk IP. Specifically the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience film. Even there, Dr. Nigel Channing is the chairman of the institute so to make Dreamfinder as the head of that doesn’t really make much sense. That in essence would be retconning the original ride. And even though the current attraction features a door titled “Dean Finder”. The truth is, it’s literally looking for the Dean of the Institute.. not Dreams.. in comparison, Dreamfinder’s fortay really is in.. well.. “Dream Finding” and not just helping collect and recombine sparks to help folks create new things, but, along with Figment storing all those sparks he finds into the Dreamport where it further sorted, recombined, redistrubuted, etc. and ultimately helps in the venture through the realms of imagination. He & Figment went on travels through the realms of imagination, collected sparks via the flying dreamcatching machine and then stored those sparks in the dreamport, aswell as ventured into the realms of imagination (art, literature, theatre, science & technology, film.. basically abstract realms that represent every medium or occupation that best utilizes creativity & idea making to its full potential.) to continue to learn about imagination’s abilities aswell as their own creative abilities.

Another detail to remember is that in the current attraction, Dreamfinder Infact is snoring in the Dream Lab.. (Chuck McCann is the recorded snoring behind that door). Meaning they basically put him to sleep behind closed doors to possibly further their goals in taking over the Dreamport and original pavilion. 👀
Well yes it’s a very loose plot idea haha. I would imagine Nigel Channing and the Honey I Shrunk stuff is already out of the picture, for a future anything really. They’d likely use a similar plot to something akin to the comics (which already feature similar themes if I remember correctly). Using all this stuff as an allegory for the attraction’s overall demise irl is something they can latch onto and find success with. It’s already & ironically a cinematic part of real world theme park lore, and so at the end of the day there are powerful storytelling connections to be made. It’s up to the execution whether that is subtle or more on the nose

Cmdr_Crimson

The trouble is that the Imagination Institute is fully tied to the Honey I Shrunk IP. Specifically the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience film. Even there, Dr. Nigel Channing is the chairman of the institute so to make Dreamfinder as the head of that all the sudden.. doesn’t really make much sense. That in essence would be retconning the story and other elements of the original ride. And even though the current attraction features a door titled “Dean Finder”. The truth is, it’s literally describing a position within the institute that looks for for the Dean or Head of the Institute, and oddly enough, seems they picked Dr. Channing for whatever reason, despite there hardly being a creative bone in his body, than again, considering it’s based entirely around the 5 senses.. not of Dreams/Exploration of the creative realms, idea forming, etc... I can’t help but think the whole concept lacks any basic understanding or really any focus that is of how creativity works or improves both our minds and the world around us (the Institute concept that is) (and on a side note, I almost see that “Dean Finder” name in there as a mocking reference rather than any real tribute considering the place/story of the current ride & it’s portrayal of Figment.. ngl.) in comparison, in the original, Dreamfinder’s fortay really is in.. well.. “Dream Finding” and not just helping collect and recombine sparks (abstract ideas) to help folks create new things, but, along with Figment storing all those sparks he finds into the Dreamport where it further sorted, recombined, redistrubuted, etc. and ultimately helps in improving the world along in their own ventures through the realms of imagination. He & Figment went on travels through the realms of imagination, collected sparks via the flying dreamcatching machine and then stored those sparks in the dreamport, aswell as ventured into the realms of imagination (art, literature, theatre, science & technology, film.. basically abstract realms that represent every medium or occupation that best utilizes creativity & idea making to its full potential.) to continue to learn about imagination’s abilities aswell as their own creative abilities.

Another detail to remember is that in the current attraction, Dreamfinder Infact is snoring in the Dream Lab.. (Chuck McCann, DF’s original VA, is the recorded snoring behind that door). Meaning they basically put him to sleep behind closed doors to possibly further their goals in taking over the Dreamport and original pavilion. 👀
Also, Figment being the so called "Latest Discovery." where did they "find him? In a broom closet in tears clinging to a small photo of Dreamfinder.

SailorMercury

Also, Figment being the so called "Latest Discovery." where did they "find him? In a broom closet in tears clinging to a small photo of Dreamfinder.
Dreamfinder sent Figment on a mission to help people learn what Imagination is truly all about. Channing happens upon him and claims him as his own discovery.

zipadee999

How about they do “Guardians of Imagination: Mission Breakout”

Dreamfinder and Figment are being held as exhibits by Nigel Channing in the Imagination Institute, and we are going to tour the institute and see the exhibits on a gantry lift. Figment escapes and uses us to help him save Dreamfinder and escape…. Wait this sounds familiar

SailorMercury

How about they do “Guardians of Imagination: Mission Breakout”

Dreamfinder and Figment are being held as exhibits by Nigel Channing in the Imagination Institute, and we are going to tour the institute and see the exhibits on a gantry lift. Figment escapes and uses us to help him save Dreamfinder and escape…. Wait this sounds familiar
Figment’s hands don’t scan

SailorMercury

1713797081348.png

SailorMercury

I can't believe there's a "Saint or Grinch" choice with Imagination 4's direction right now.

If the redo were to start in May, that would give a similar timeframe to Tiana's for a redo. If they wanted to, they could do some significant work in that time. This may be more than a simple "shove Dreamfinder in the current ride" and could probably do some significant scene replacement.

Prob won't start in May but I can dream.

Brer Oswald

If the redo were to start in May, that would give a similar timeframe to Tiana's for a redo. If they wanted to, they could do some significant work in that time. This may be more than a simple "shove Dreamfinder in the current ride" and could probably do some significant scene replacement.

I don't think it will start before D23. They probably want to wait for that venue to generate maximum buzz.

SailorMercury

They could start prep work for it before D23, especially if they intend to get it done quickly.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves, because this could just be a DVC thing, unfortunately.
Deep down, my cold black heart knows that its not for the ride.

But what work could be big enough to warrant a permit filing, as well as being a year and a half long?

SailorMercury

I looked into the company that is attached to the permit.

The only project I can find that they're attached to it the Trails End refresh.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

I worry Tiana will end up the exception with retheming/overhauling rides these days, not the standard. Given how beloved Splash was, and how much people dislike current Figment, they may not need feel the need to go all out for a replacement. "See, isnt this better than Figment 3.0?" for the bare minimum. I would love to be proven wrong, though. Guess we'll have to see how DINOSAUR and Test Track end up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom