Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

aladdin2007

OT to the ride, but I thought it would be appreciated here. So I bought my own house this summer and was finally able to get (most of) my Figment collection set up. I know there's the SSE 40th statue somewhere still in storage (when it's pulled out it'll go in the top corner where the new bucket is), and maybe a few other lil things (and definitely a bunch of plush) but I've already filled my cases. Family said I'm not allowed to buy anything else since I don't have space 🤣. I have a few prints too, but they're in my living room and need to be rearranged b/c I bought another this year (and may get another before the FARTS is over)

View attachment 765938
all I can say is now that's Imagination!!!!!! very nice work.

FigmentFan82

OT to the ride, but I thought it would be appreciated here. So I bought my own house this summer and was finally able to get (most of) my Figment collection set up. I know there's the SSE 40th statue somewhere still in storage (when it's pulled out it'll go in the top corner where the new bucket is), and maybe a few other lil things (and definitely a bunch of plush) but I've already filled my cases. Family said I'm not allowed to buy anything else since I don't have space 🤣. I have a few prints too, but they're in my living room and need to be rearranged b/c I bought another this year (and may get another before the FARTS is over)

View attachment 765938
oh la la king of the castle

aladdin2007

I forget which thread now but last night I mentioned how this ride needs to be put out of its misery after riding it yesterday. Its pretty bad at this point. It needs paint, it needs life, it needs a better story, it needs imagination..... Its a waste of barren space in those scenes and over twenty years later now just looks worse than ever. A lot of effects not working...figment not working...the vehicles look bad, and the queues and exit are stuck in the late 90s. Cast clearly didn't want to be there, there wasn't even anyone at the end where you get out.

But keep spending millions on your precious boring shrubs and plants and inept lights that don't work Disney, while your attractions continue to rot.

The company is completely okay with doing business this way and it has hit a new rock bottom. The ride is long over due for an overhaul, along with others. Management needs an overhaul from the top down, or were stuck with this for another twenty years. Imagination is embarrassingly limping from the inside and out.

Cmdr_Crimson

What now? When was that?
Last year at some point. There were reports of them being spotted around the building.

Cmdr_Crimson

Never knew that this part of the JIIwF ImageWorks existed back then, thought it transitioned from the JIYI ImageWorks to what's mostly there currently:

Yep, it was the first thing you encountered after entering Imageworks...Ever wonder why there is that weird blocked off section with the lame Simon match game on the wall? (Shown here on the right hand side) That is were it was..It lasted from 2002 to 2011...
imageworks-gallery01.jpg

And here is what the post show was like

Phineas

many rides are getting to be bad shape, Disney seems adamant right now on letting actual attractions go, but they can sure spend millions on boring shrubs.
I rode this one last time on my trip 3 weeks ago. The AA holding the telephone was paralyzed. No movement whatsoever, just dialogue from a static figure.

Cmdr_Crimson

I’m convinced the insides are barely hanging on and they only do the bare minimum when repairing them
What's weird is that there are only 3 AA's in the entire ride...
tumblr_nnjetqV2xw1r6idjao1_r1_500.gif

epcot-disney-world.gif

RyD4Rs.gif

All the other Figments are either Screen based or Static Store statues...So, why is it so much more important if a screen goes down or statue fell over and not fix these AA's when they use to move decently over 20 years ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom