Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Mickeynerd17

I suppose you can rule this one out now. Tiktok was likely a tease for the movie, that’s all
IF the movie even happens, the only way a new ride is happening is if the film is popular and profitable.

Considering how well new disney films are doing lately, I find those odds strongly not in our favor.

I'm expecting nothing substantive for the next decade or more, sadly.

pdude81

IF the movie even happens, the only way a new ride is happening is if the film is popular and profitable.

Considering how well new disney films are doing lately, I find those odds strongly not in our favor.

I'm expecting nothing substantive for the next decade or more, sadly.
But the new movie is supposed to be farmed out to Seth Rogen who just had a decent hit with his new take on the Ninja Turtles. I wouldn't expect it to be formulaic if anything.

Earlie the Pearlie

But the new movie is supposed to be farmed out to Seth Rogen who just had a decent hit with his new take on the Ninja Turtles. I wouldn't expect it to be formulaic if anything.
That movie was great. Honestly I would love an animated or animated/live action hybrid with stylized animation blended into live action backdrops. None of this bland CGI nonsense. We all know Figment doesn't look great like that... 1701984294133.jpeg

Brer Panther

Or they could get A.J. LoCascio to do the voice like in Disney Speedstorm.

Knowing Disney, though, they'd probably cast a celebrity as Figment. Maybe Chris Pratt or somebody like that.

Cmdr_Crimson

A few posts back that while Figment was out at The studio the 2 writers for the Figment film were in the montage of people that met him while he was out there..

DreamfinderGuy

I do wonder how they got ahold of it. If I know which seller is selling it, they tend to mostly deal with stuff from Disney directly, nothing crazy like this. Probably from someone's collection, but the question is whose...
This might just be some weird deja vu on my part (or there are a lot of figment heads out there) but hasn't this been kicked around through various auctions over the last few years? I feel like I've seen it change hands before, it must be cursed or something if so.

pdude81

Anyone have any photos of the contents of the Figment Little Golden Book??? Curious if it is a retelling of the original attraction...(as it should be).
Amazon doesn't release it for 2 weeks, which I assume is the real publishing date. So probably not too many who could have gotten their hands on it yet. Here is the description they offer:

"Journey into Imagination with Figment, the purple dragon from Disney’s EPCOT theme park and mascot of Disney’s Imagination Pavilion. Featuring lyrics from the beloved Disney song “One Little Spark”, this adorable Little Golden Book about creativity and imagination is perfect for children ages 2 to 5 plus Disney Parks fans and Little Golden Book collectors of all ages."

Bocabear

So they have been kicking around the idea of Figment and Dreamfinder movie it seems for decades...while the ride languishes but the merchandise is still selling.... So while we wait for something of substance to happen with Figment they are actually plowing ahead with a live action Stitch remake? I wish they could stop graverobbing their old animation with lackluster live action remakes and do something fresh like a Figment Movie... At least it would be the first movie for this character that is already beloved.... Like they did with Pirates, I think it could be a hit.

Haymarket2008

So they have been kicking around the idea of Figment and Dreamfinder movie it seems for decades...while the ride languishes but the merchandise is still selling.... So while we wait for something of substance to happen with Figment they are actually plowing ahead with a live action Stitch remake? I wish they could stop graverobbing their old animation with lackluster live action remakes and do something fresh like a Figment Movie... At least it would be the first movie for this character that is already beloved.... Like they did with Pirates, I think it could be a hit.

As soon as a movie gets released, Oriental Land Company will pay for multi million dollar Figment ride in Japan and we'll still get nothing lol.

Bocabear

As soon as a movie gets released, Oriental Land Company will pay for multi million dollar Figment ride in Japan and we'll still get nothing lol.
I can see that happening...lol Sad but true....and at Tokyo Disneyland they would sell the heck out of the merchandise....and come up with much better then an annual Popcorn bucket.... It would have been fascinating to see what the OLC would have done if they built a mirror EPCOT park in Tokyo....and what it's condition would be today...

Epcot82Guy

Part of the issue with a film is how simple Dreamfinder and Figment are as characters, especially Figment. He doesn't lend himself to deeper character development, nor should he. The simple joy of imagination is why he worked so well in his first incarnation. In the current ride, he has more depth - seems a bit older. And, it just doesn't work that well. I fear that's how any Figment story will go. It would be much better as a series of silly shorts, where Figment leads us through the ideas in the Dream Port. (I actually think that would work, but I'm not sure it would fly in today's world.) If it has the conflict and arc of a well done full-length film, I think it will ruin Figment even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom