Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Gillyanne

Figment still appears on at least one thing in each festival anyways.

This is what I was hoping, I looked through my stuff and I have at least 1 Figment thing F&G for every year 2018-2023... so this will be the first in a while if there's truly nothing.....

ETA: I also have at least 1 from 2016; I may not have been around it 2017 so it could've had stuff too.... I think I got my first pass fall 2015 and started with an on a year/off a year so Spring 2017 would've been an "off" year to visit....

aladdin2007

This was from 2 years ago for example..That seems to be a bit of Figment
Pic from Blogmickey
figment-collection-2022-epcot-food-wine-festival-3.jpg
I loved those figment plates that year, if any one can find one online for themselves its worth it.

Ok so I posted about on a different thread…but this recent find is honestly really fascinating/ sad. I somehow was able to find one of the ONLY interior photos of the construction of Journey Into Your Imagination out there. It’s really sad knowing that this was once the former turntable/ finale scene. But it’s also incredibly fascinating because there’s almost nothing regarding JIYI’s development or construction. What’s crazy is that this is official B roll, so there probably exists even more construction footage that’s locked away in the vaults
IMG_4967.jpeg

WaluigiTime

Ok so I posted about on a different thread…but this recent find is honestly really fascinating/ sad. I somehow was able to find one of the ONLY interior photos of the construction of Journey Into Your Imagination out there. It’s really sad knowing that this was once the former turntable/ finale scene. But it’s also incredibly fascinating because there’s almost nothing regarding JIYI’s development or construction. What’s crazy is that this is official B roll, so there probably exists even more construction footage that’s locked away in the vaultsView attachment 770900

Tom K Morris has posted some behind the scenes images on his Twitter

I am sure he posted even more

Gusey

Pure speculation, but does it feel like they're emptying out the Imagination Pavilion? Joy is moving to Hollywood Studios on June 10, Mickey is moving to CommuniCore Hall on June 10, the announcement of another DVC Lounge could provide an alternative if Imagination's closes? That leaves Figment meet and greet, Imagination with Figment and Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival

Earlie the Pearlie

Pure speculation, but does it feel like they're emptying out the Imagination Pavilion? Joy is moving to Hollywood Studios on June 10, Mickey is moving to CommuniCore Hall on June 10, the announcement of another DVC Lounge could provide an alternative if Imagination's closes? That leaves Figment meet and greet, Imagination with Figment and Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Did not know about Joy moving, but that’s great!
Any straws are graspable, and we’ve been waiting for these particular moves for a while.

The Leader of the Club

I feel like we’ll get something replacing the Short film festival soon. It’s not a draw and you can see those films on Disney+. It would be a slam dunk to put a Figment 3D film in there and move the M&G to where Mickey was. Then the pavilion would ideally be empty and ready for a refresh when Test Track opens back up.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Seems like they're making it more Figment-focused, at least to me. If they were planning to kick Figment out I'd expect see the opposite.

Gusey

Yeah, definitely more Figment focused. Doesn't mean that we can see anything new at the pavilion, just seems like there is a subtle plan with the other characters leaving

Moth

I feel like we’ll get something replacing the Short film festival soon. It’s not a draw and you can see those films on Disney+. It would be a slam dunk to put a Figment 3D film in there and move the M&G to where Mickey was. Then the pavilion would ideally be empty and ready for a refresh when Test Track opens back up.
My current theory is that Imagination and SSE are both slated for refreshes but Disney does NOT want those two and Test Track all down at once so it'll be one at a time.

My current projected timeline is....
Test Track taken offline late July.
D23 has more details on Test Track 3 and drops the Imagination 4 shoe.
Imagination closes as Test Track 3 soft opens. Figment M&G persists so he continues to have a presence in the parks as well as something going into the theater (maybe the Seth Rogen Figment film was actually something taking over the Short Film Festival?)
Once Imagination is done, Spaceship Earth closes and reopens.

Maybe something happens with MISSION: Space after? But that's out of the scope of this.

James Alucobond

My current theory is that Imagination and SSE are both slated for refreshes but Disney does NOT want those two and Test Track all down at once so it'll be one at a time.
I definitely see the logic with SSE, but does Journey actually help that much with capacity at the moment? Maybe it does and I’m mistaken, but it always looks fairly abandoned when I’m there. The wait on the app is frequently 5 minutes when I look, which I think is the placeholder for no wait.

trainplane3

I definitely see the logic with SSE, but does Journey actually help that much with capacity at the moment? Maybe it does and I’m mistaken, but it always looks fairly abandoned when I’m there. The wait on the app is frequently 5 minutes when I look, which I think is the placeholder for no wait.
When a major attraction is down, it's bound to pick up the load a bit. Regardless of it's good or not, you still need capacity elsewhere.

James Alucobond

When a major attraction is down, it's bound to pick up the load a bit. Regardless of it's good or not, you still need capacity elsewhere.
Just saying, it seems like getting desirable, quality capacity up and running quickly on Imagination should trump worrying about overlap with other projects even if leaving it alone might slightly reduce strain. SSE, on the other hand, is already quality and still draws people even when it's not the absolute last option available; the refresh is more for long-term viability of the ride system than anything else, even if some scene updates and enhancements do occur.

Moth

When Test Track goes down, I think Imagination is going to maybe help sponge up some of the excess people? It's better to just ride it out with the extra capacity available versus having both down at once.
But I do see your point about preferring desirable capacity up for Imagination versus this. I'm just trying to get into the heads of higher ups.

James Alucobond

When Test Track goes down, I think Imagination is going to maybe help sponge up some of the excess people? It's better to just ride it out with the extra capacity available versus having both down at once.
You can make this argument any time a premier attraction closes. I don't think that means they should delay the most desperately needed upgrades by more years than they already have.

pdude81

Frequently a walk on, but I saw a 30 minute wait once at Imagination last summer. Whenever a thunderstorm hits, you have TT down for sure and people piling into pavilions to seek refuge. So if anything else goes down it can be a major cluster. This anecdotal 30 minute wait was just in the middle of a normal day though, hot and sunny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom