Figment Survey

mimitchi33

The theater does make a lot more sense for Inside Out than a ride. Worst-case would be just a "book report" version of the film, like the Fantasyland dark rides. Mostly-static AA's standing around in the movie's most famous scenes. A nice-enough experience the first time, but probably not anything you can make an real emotional connection with (which, considering the themes of the film, would actually be kind of a betrayal...).

It would be popular when it first opened, but I bet it would be a walk-on after a few months.

Hopefully, if they go the ride route, they come up with something original to do with the characters. I could see them sticking to the "tour" concept of JIYI, with Joy taking you on a tour of the mind (but it's a Disney ride, so of course Something Goes Wrong!). Still pretty rote, but at least it could free them a bit from just trying to recreate what we've already seen.

I can't remember, does the current Journey Into Imagination have little screens in the ride cars? Because those could be used to show what the "person" whose head you're occupying is doing (and is reacting to the shenanigans taking place during your ride), plus give you an extra little bonus to focus on if you ride again...
Your idea sounds cool.

Brer Oswald

If they make Inside Out the dark ride, they better change the pavilion name to "The Human Brain Pavillion" or "Human Mind Pavillion". They should also change the building to a giant glass brain. OR, they could just leave the building and make the ride about Figment and Dreamfinder :) (that's more cost effective Disney, and we know you like cost effectiveness).

RSoxNo1

Inside Out would work as an alternative concept for the Imagination Pavilion. Cranium Command probably could have fit as a Captain EO replacement back in 1989 as well, that just expanded upon the brain into other vital organs.

Having said that, I'd love to see the original incarnation of Figment return (the character, not the ride). There's a line in the original attraction where Figment starts to act like a know-it-all:
"Dreamfinder, I'm just right!"
And it's at that point where the current version of Figment exists. He's the know it all character that didn't have Dreamfinder come in to add the, "dash of childish delight". Without that, we're left with the character that terrorizes British comedy icons.

I'd personally like to see an attraction better inspired by the original characters and attraction with the film incorporating the Inside Out characters in a pseudo tribute to Cranium Command.

FigmentJedi

Having said that, I'd love to see the original incarnation of Figment return (the character, not the ride). There's a line in the original attraction where Figment starts to act like a know-it-all:
"Dreamfinder, I'm just right!"
And it's at that point where the current version of Figment exists. He's the know it all character that didn't have Dreamfinder come in to add the, "dash of childish delight". Without that, we're left with the character that terrorizes British comedy icons.
Eric Idle knew what he was doing when he destroyed the dragon's keep and told everybody that they didn't have an imagination and insisted he was the one who could stimulate their creativity with crappy funhouse effects.

brb1006

Eric Idle knew what he was doing when he destroyed the dragon's keep and told everybody that they didn't have an imagination and insisted he was the one who could stimulate their creativity with crappy funhouse effects.
Also the original incarnation of Figment was briefly seen during the finale of the second version which was also the last performance Billy gave Figment.

Cmdr_Crimson

I find it even stranger that in May 1998 Eric Idle lend his voice for Devon in Warner Bros Quest for Camelot that looked very suspisiously like a certain dragon (But with Ears).
2.jpg

Then in Oct 1999....The attrocity that started it all came to us....

Fantasmicguy

As for a theater show, I'm glad Inside Out is at least not going into the Cranium Command (head-)space. While superficially similar, the settings of the two are actually very different, especially with how all the emotions are together in the main room. It would make far more sense to present the entire Headquarters in 3D on a large screen instead of a bunch of smaller ones...
I mean they can change the old building up a bit. It wouldn't have to remain exactly like it did at closing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom