Figment is Now A Fail...

Cmdr_Crimson

Still would have been interesting to see Figment back doing things for Kids Like his short lived eduactional film in the later 80's "Would you eat a blue potato?"

There were other one's including one with Figment & Peter Pan.
ReadingMagicFigment.jpg
MissingSpace.jpg

And then their was the very short lived Disney Channel Show "Dreamfinders"
latest

brb1006

Still would have been interesting to see Figment back doing things for Kids Like his short lived eduactional film in the later 80's "Would you eat a blue potato?"

There were other one's including one with Figment & Peter Pan.
ReadingMagicFigment.jpg
MissingSpace.jpg

And then their was the very short lived Disney Channel Show "Dreamfinders"
latest

I would have loved if Figment or Dreamfinder made a cameo in a future Mickey Mouse shorts or a Disney Jr show.

Chef Mickey

I liked the original better, but I still look forward to riding it every time I'm at EPCOT.

I don't think it's this terrible ride so many make it out to be. It's not as good, but it's still a fun ride. They just need to open the entire pavilion and get rid of the creepy Brit.

FettFan

Oh my gosh! Thank you for telling me! I love Gonzo singing, I always cry in the Muppet Movie when he sings "I'm Gonna Go Back There Someday". Are you a Muppet fan yourself?

Somewhat. I like the Jim Henson Company as a whole, especially The Dark Crystal and the original Ninja Turtles. (bonus: Kevin "Elmo" Clash was the voice and puppeteer of Spinter).

The Muppets for me are hit-and-miss. Didn't really care for the new movies ("Muppets" and "Muppets Most Wanted")...but I LOVE the shorts and skits. For instance: Gordon Ramsay vs. Swedish Chef.

HILARIOUS.

FettFan

Figment turned from a lovable character into a comedic and mischievous character straight out of a Looney Tunes cartoon.

Exactly.
To quote one critic whose name now escapes me: "Figment is reduced to nothing more than a nuisance; Eric Idle's character actively tries to get rid of him for more than half of the show, before finally accepting the fact that the dragon isn't going anywhere and attempting to make the best of what he considers a 'bad' situation. If the attraction's other starring character doesn't want him around, why should the audience?"

Dartha Stewart

and not that heartless scientist.
If you are referring to Eric Idle, in his defense it is he who is trying to educate and entertain the audience going through the tour. Yet his efforts keep going afoul thanks to Figment's relentless shenanigans. So in a way, it is Figment, not the scientist, who is heartless.

(Though we all know that the true soulless beings behind this travesty are those responsible for the original version's demise.)

GVentola

To those who say the original Journey into Imagination will never return--take heart! The original Tiki Room was replaced for about ten years when it was "Under New Management", but it came back! (I love Iago, but the original Tiki Room was part of my childhood, so I am glad Iago got kicked out.)
I agree that Figment's personality has changed, and not for the better. As for Eric Idle's character, he is indeed "heartless" compared to the merry ol' Dreamfinder. And, in a moment of pure blasphemy, Idle's character says he is the one who came up with Figment, when we all know Figment's creator is Dreamfinder!

SplashThunder

Original Poster
If you are referring to Eric Idle, in his defense it is he who is trying to educate and entertain the audience going through the tour. Yet his efforts keep going afoul thanks to Figment's relentless shenanigans. So in a way, it is Figment, not the scientist, who is heartless.

(Though we all know that the true soulless beings behind this travesty are those responsible for the original version's demise.)
I was really referring to a comparison of Eric Idle, and Dreamfinder. Dreamfinder had a father-like, cheerful quality to him, and he gave an innocence to Figment, which made him the cuddly character that is no longer seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom