Few Days in Disney

Sarah S

Original Poster
Hello, all -

I am new to the forum, and am looking for some advice.

I am going to Disney for 3 days with my family - my husband, my parents, my sister and her husband, and her two little girls who will be 3 and 5). We have been to the parks before, but not in many years.

We are staying at All Star Movies from SundayPM-WednesdayAM. We are looking to explore the resort and Downtown Disney on Sunday evening. On Monday, we wanted to take the whole family and do a day in Magic Kingdom.

On Tuesday, my husband and I are planning on seperating from the group and using a Park Hopper pass that day. We aren't crazy about hitting Animal Kingdom, but definitely want to do Epcot.

I would like to have mostly everything planning out ahead of time. I am currently is the EARLIEST stages of planning. This Disney portion is not our whole vacation - we are heading to the beach for the remainder of the week on Wednesday, but my parents wanted to take the little ones to Disney, so we are making just a small Disney vaca out of the first few days.

Does anybody have any tips on where to start with little ones in Magic Kingdom . . .Or for a more adult-friendly option for my husband and I with our Park Hopper pass?

Thanks!

Flippin'Flounder

If you get there at rope drop, head to FL. Depending on your FP+ selections, do the rides there that you need to. The rides that will get crowded are IASW, PPF, 7DMT, ETWB, and Winnie the Pooh. Don't waste early time or FP+ on PhilharMagic or The Little Mermaid, they are amazing, but always have short waits. Also, with the new play area, Dumbo waits aren't so bad. After Wishes, the waits for most things will be lower, so if you think you won't be able to stay up, go back to the hotel after lunch. The park will be crowded, and its worth a couple hours away then to stay up a few hours later. At the hotel take a nap and relax in the pool. When you get back lines should be shorter. Also, if you don't care so much about staying together, it might be worth it for you and your husband to go to Fronteirland or Tommorowland first to get on plash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain.
I suggest you go to EPCOT the next day and skip the parkhopper. MK is really fine for all.

Tinkerkelle

Epcot is great but wouldn't appeal to many 3-5 year olds, especially after MK! Don't discount AK - I love that park. Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris are fab, as are all the rides and activities, to be honest. Finding Nemo: The Musical was one of the best shows, for me, in all 4 theme parks and Festival of the Lion King was brilliant too. Before children, my husband and I loved spending time in WS at Epcot, taking our time looking round all the different countries and sampling the snacks on offer and enjoying the unique entertainment. It really is a whole day park if you want to make the most of it. Test Track and Soaring are priorities but you can't have FP+ for both as Epcot operates a tiered system and they are both tier 1 rides. FP+ one and do the other at opening.

The best way to maximise your days is to be there early for rope drop - how early depends on if it is a slower time (maybe 20-30 mins before) and a busy time (45 minutes before). This lets you get through bag check and turnstiles to wait for opening. You can get a lot done in the first 2 hours before the crowds build. Have a plan of what you want to do, familiarise yourself with the park layout and make sure you make those FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark if you want 7DMT or Anna and Elsa. If you don't get the FP+ you want, keep checking as they release more as the day gets nearer and people cancel their FP+s. Check websites that give you FP+ recommendations, average wait times and crowd calendars to give you an idea of what to expect. Stay the whole day, parks get a bit quieter in the evenings, especially the later they are open.

Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom