Female Butler at Haunted Mansion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phineas85

Original Poster
Is this a fairly new thing? I've never seen it before, but on a recent YouTube video the Haunted Mansion doors were opened by a young lady who was wearing the Butler costume not the Maid...

I don't have an issue with this by the way, I was just surprised to see it!

Here's the video:

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Is this a fairly new thing? I've never seen it before, but on a recent YouTube video the Haunted Mansion doors were opened by a young lady who was wearing the Butler costume not the Maid...

Here's the video:

I’d most likely not have even noticed had you not pointed it out,😉

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi84

Premium Member

Here's the video:

OP, it’s not all that new. But I’m not sure why you needed to start a thread about it. Some posters are triggered by changes to CM costumes especially if they are gender neutral. You may not have intended it, but its unlikely this thread will lead to any worthwhile discussion.

Phineas85

Original Poster
OP, it’s not all that new. But I’m not sure why you needed to start a thread about it. Some posters are triggered by changes to CM costumes especially if they are gender neutral. You may not have intended it, but its unlikely this thread will lead to any worthwhile discussion.
Why? Because I'm a Disney World and Haunted Mansion fan who is unable to go in person anymore, I also haven't been on these threads for some time so was curious about it and when it was introduced. Every little bit of trivia is news to me.

I was more interested in showing it as a cool change to be honest rather than it being a nitpick, but am genuinely shocked at what has been said on here - I had no idea even threads about Disney Parks could become toxic.

I can only apologise for this thread causing things like this for those who genuinely want to come on here to enjoy all things Disney - I would delete if possible, but have also reported it as the results on here are not what I intended.

I think it would also put a downer on it for the CM in question if they were to see what was being said, so I think it's best if it went.
BY THE WAY, I have already reported this thread, so Mother should be here any time now to take care of some of these reprehensible comments, and hopefully the entire ridiculous thread.
Yeah, sorry about that Buddy - was never my intention to invite remarks like this.

Had no idea how divisive and toxic even places like this could become (have not been on here for some time).

I think it probably best if it gets taken down, I'd do it myself only there's no delete option....

Again, sincere apologies to those of you on here for all the right reasons...

LittleBuford

Why? Because I'm a Disney World and Haunted Mansion fan who is unable to go in person anymore, I also haven't been on these threads for some time so was curious about it and when it was introduced. Every little bit of trivia is news to me.

I was more interested in showing it as a cool change to be honest rather than it being a nitpick, but am genuinely shocked at what has been said on here - I had no idea even threads about Disney Parks could become toxic.

I can only apologise for this thread causing things like this for those who genuinely want to come on here to enjoy all things Disney - I would delete if possible, but have also reported it as the results on here are not what I intended.

I think it would also put a downer on it for the CM in question if they were to see what was being said, so I think it's best if it went.

Yeah, sorry about that Buddy - was never my intention to invite remarks like this.

Had no idea how divisive and toxic even places like this could become (have not been on here for some time).

I think it probably best if it gets taken down, I'd do it myself only there's no delete option....

It’s not your fault. You were right not to expect the thread to devolve as it has. Unfortunately, those of us who are “regulars” here are now entirely accustomed to such toxicity and expect it as a matter of course.

Last edited:

Phineas85

Original Poster
It’s not your fault. You were right not to expect the thread to devolve as it has. Unfortunately, those of who are “regulars” here are now entirely accustomed to such toxicity and expect it as a matter of course.
Thanks...

Expect it? That's too bad when even a place like this can go down that route.

I genuinely thought this change was something new and interesting to see, but I've learnt something myself today - it seems you have to take caution with the most well-intended things these days for fear of inviting inappropriate remarks.

But thanks again, hope you can continue to enjoy the site for the most part!

BuddyThomas

You of all people do not need to apologize but the ones who have posted the typical phobic comments need to look within and examine why they are on a Disney fan board if all they want to do is rage about Disney. There are many other hobbies and vacation spots for them if they so adamantly believe that Disney is no longer for them.

Phineas85

Original Poster
You of all people do not need to apologize but the ones who have posted the typical phobic comments need to look within and examine why they are on a Disney fan board if all they want to do is rage about Disney. There are many other hobbies and vacation spots for them if they so adamantly believe that Disney is no longer for them.
Thanks Buddy - hope you can continue to enjoy the parks and these discussions without too many blots on the landscape. A shame it's come to be expected by many of you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom