Feeling sorry for everyone at MK today...

DDuckFan130

One of the benefits of having an AP and living in Miami is being able to go to WDW during this time and enjoying the parks at a leisurely pace because we know we'll be back. We're going for 4th of July for the 3rd year in a row, but not doing any rides or running around. We have a couple of ADR's, we'll enjoy the special shows and fireworks, and spend the rest of our time at our hotel CSR. No stress, no sweat. Once that sweat hits, we'll just leave or duck inside a store lol.

ddbowdoin

Well y'all should have planned to bring me and it'd have been a great time!!! :D haha!

in reality we'll be fine... it's all your expectations and how you perceive things.

This will be our 3rd visit in 12 months, really working the AP thing. Since we have literally done most things we're taking it easy, it's not a once in 6 year trip where you need to ride everything.

We're doing the behind the scenes train tour, since I really dig trains haha.

DDuckFan130

Epcot was surprisingly slow on Sunday.

Epcot was actually pretty slow on Friday. We did our teachers' end of the year trip and (finally) did a drinking around the world trip at Epcot. Needless to say, it was a much bigger success than boring Key West lol. Anyway, crowds were low around the world. We easily found tables at the UK and France, for example. :)

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
It's busier and hotter than usual here. We opted resort pool time today! MK was crazy fun yesterday. The rain didn't send anyone away!!! We managed to ride our faves until midnight and skipped Wishes. SPLASH and Thunder are so cool @ night. EPCOT Monday TT FPs out @ 12:45!!! Wow!!! Still love it here though. ;-)
Totally forgot you are there this week! Have fun! I'm expecting a TR ;)

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
One of the benefits of having an AP and living in Miami is being able to go to WDW during this time and enjoying the parks at a leisurely pace because we know we'll be back. We're going for 4th of July for the 3rd year in a row, but not doing any rides or running around. We have a couple of ADR's, we'll enjoy the special shows and fireworks, and spend the rest of our time at our hotel CSR. No stress, no sweat. Once that sweat hits, we'll just leave or duck inside a store lol.
Lucky! We found ourselves doing this during the afternoon hours of the All-Nighter, but 6am-12pm and 2am-6am it was non-stop riding!!

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's busier and hotter than usual here. We opted resort pool time today! MK was crazy fun yesterday. The rain didn't send anyone away!!! We managed to ride our faves until midnight and skipped Wishes. SPLASH and Thunder are so cool @ night. EPCOT Monday TT FPs out @ 12:45!!! Wow!!! Still love it here though. ;-)

Eat some popcorn from the dumbo popcorn bucket for me. So wih I would have remembered to back track and pick one up. :(

Aaaaaand, pics please. :)

Have fun!!!

lunchbox1175

My sister is there this week. I am beginning to have doubts we will be going at all now. Kid 1 starts Kindergarten in Sept, and Kid 2 will start in 3 years. Our only option will be end of May through last week of August. That option is sounding like a poor option. So..... :(

They are young enough that missing school is no big deal. Take them during a slower time of year and have some fun!

Zipadeelady

My sister is there this week. I am beginning to have doubts we will be going at all now. Kid 1 starts Kindergarten in Sept, and Kid 2 will start in 3 years. Our only option will be end of May through last week of August. That option is sounding like a poor option. So..... :(

I know this is controversial but I say pull them out of school. I did with my kids and they are all still on the honor roll...no harm done plus they thought it was awesome! :) Their only kids once :rolleyes:

luv

Glad you're having fun! :)

CohibaMan

With the current state of the parks, and attendance being through the roof, there is only one way to do DIsney.

-Pick which park you want to go.
-Go at Park Open. (Which actually means that you need to be physically standing at the gate 30 minutes early)
-Grab a fast pass to whatever the busiest ride in the park is.
-Go to standy queue for the next busiest ride.
-After doing those two rides, go to a show.
-Then it's time for lunch, which you made an advanced reservation for at a table restaurant.
-After lunch, back to Hotel for pool and a nap. Or if you are a local (such as myself) drive home.
-At night, return to Epcot or MK for fireworks. (If MK is packed, DO NOT park at T&T center or you will regret it. I recently spent an hour and a half getting from MK to the T&T center. If you get creative, you can park at a resort that is on the private monorail loop. You will thank me later.

Soarin2u

I feel no pain for the people there in hot weather and longs lines. Here it's been 80 degrees, 99-90% humidity, and constantly raining. Our home does not have a great AC so its miserable. We have at least 2-3 fans in every room to try to keep us cool. The ocean isn't the best but it gets very crowded and the rocky shores aren't fun to walk on.... At least at WDW they have airconditioned rides and stores. Here if you want any place with decent Air Conditioning, it will be in Tokyo or Kyoto.

erasure fan1

This is the busiest I have seen the parks during summer, ever. Thank god we have gone so many times we can get the things we want done. I can't imagine if I had never gone to Disney before, I would probably never go back. LOL. Like you said, even the rain isn't easing the crowds. We did Epcot today and we were going to go back after dinner but decided whats the point, FPs for soarin and TT were gone.

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
I checked the app at 8 p.m this evening and it stated a FOUR HOUR wait for Aerosmith...now that couldn't be right?? I didn't check but doesn't it close at 10?? How can the wait be longer than the two hours left the park was open?
It happens. They won't close the ride at closing. I've been in MK when it closed at midnight, got in line for Space Mountain at literally 11:57pm and didn't leave the park until almost 1am. That's what I love about theme parks. A lot of them don't rush you out and they even have entertainment after closing sometimes too! Fantasmic is at 10:30pm tonight, the attractions closing at 10pm. The gift shops on Main Street don't close until way after closing to get the rush of people exiting. 4 hours does seem lengthy, but possible. But I would've expected it from TSMM first :p

*Edit! Jack Sparrow, Tot, and TSMM are at 40 minutes with 8 minutes to closing and RNRC is at 25 minutes. They just won't let anyone else in line at 10pm :)

bethymouse

always send you my best darlin!!!!!!!! xoxo
OMG! A storm came around. We were eating dinner @ our resort and decided to play pool @ Turf Club Bar & Grill. I played with my Dad as a kid.It bbrought back such wonderful memories.
Well. We didn't even attempt MK.:O We had a ticket for the day but didn't use it! !!!!!!! Never did I think I'd ever do that! !!!!!! But in the end my DH & kids are happy and so am I;-)

PUSH

AK had long lines today, longer than I've ever seen them. Never had to wrap around the building at Dinosaur until today. EE wasn't as long as expected, but KRR had a 95 minute waitvaround 10:30.

DHS wasn't bad at all tonight, but had family there earlier in the day and said it was really busy. They waited like 45 or 50 minutes for the GMR. Tonight I would've gotten on RnR in 40 minutes, but it shut down for a bit, and I was still able to FP ToT at 7:30 for 9:00. Stand-by said it was 30 minutes. Didn't venture into the other side of the park, though.

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
OMG! A storm came around. We were eating dinner @ our resort and decided to play pool @ Turf Club Bar & Grill. I played with my Dad as a kid.It bbrought back such wonderful memories.
Well. We didn't even attempt MK.:O We had a ticket for the day but didn't use it! !!!!!!! Never did I think I'd ever do that! !!!!!! But in the end my DH & kids are happy and so am I;-)
Unhappy in Disney? Yeah there may be a few fights and meltdowns here and there...but you said it, Disney is all about being together as a family which is hard sometimes these days! Hope you have a great time! How much longer are you there for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom