Feeling Frozen

brea

Honest question for you as someone who has kids. Could you really justify spending 5 hours in line for your kids to meet Anna and Elsa? How many other rewarding experiences would have have to give up just so you girls can have a few minutes with these characters? I have nothing against M&G's and totally agree that it can be a magical experience for kids, just wonder where someone draws the line.

Keep in mind that I haven't been to disney with the kids since frozen came out and don't plan to be there again until at least February of 2016. That being said I had a conversation with my mom recently about the same subject and her reply kind of put things into perspective for me.

Mom - You do what you have to as a parent to make your kids happy. That's why I stood in line in the rain or snow for hours to get things like a cabbage patch kid for your sister or a nintendo for you. That's why people went crazy to get their kids a tickle me elmo.

Then I reflected on my own daughter asking me if the reason she didn't get any chocolate today on a non-special day was because "I wasn't good enough" when in fact she is a dream and really prides herself on how good she is.... Then take this to a line of people that are willing to wait with/for their kids to get two minutes with these characters and consider telling her... No No that line is too long, lets go in the shorter one and meet Cinderella or go over to Winnie the Pooh and know that she's wondering if the other kids are more special or had acted better.

That brought me to my current line of nightly prayer "Lord please let this meet and greet fad die down by our next trip or let us get a fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa or whoever it is at that time"

Communicore

Frozen is definitely the rule. I hope they make a spinoff kinda like Tiny Toon but with the Frozen girls as kids. That would be awesome. Then there would be a Frozen kids meet and greet, costumed characters of course!

COProgressFan

should have put them in DHS to get people in the door!

I was thinking the same thing -- you would think they could have thrown together a modest Frozen parade, much like they used to do during the 1990's with each animated film release. Or perhaps a stage show to replace BatB.

Either of these would create a huge draw to the Studios, which certainly needs all the help it can get.

But simple, obvious ideas are not Disney's strong point these days.

Matt_Black

I was thinking the same thing -- you would think they could have thrown together a modest Frozen parade, much like they used to do during the 1990's with each animated film release. Or perhaps a stage show to replace BatB.

Either of these would create a huge draw to the Studios, which certainly needs all the help it can get.

But simple, obvious ideas are not Disney's strong point these days.

Well, I can understand the reasoning for not having the girls meet at DHS now, what with Star Wars Weekends and all. That place would be jam-packed more than it already is on the weekends.

The fact is, this movie caught EVERYONE by surprise- studios, audiences, merchandisers, park management, etc. Quite frankly, Walt Disney Animation has not had a hit like this in 20 years, so it makes sense that they're a bit unprepared on how to proceed with exploiting it's popularity.

brea

Are there really only 4 qualified people (2 in CA and 2 in FL) to cause this much of a backup? Isn't there like 5 of just about every princess going around all the parks at any given time?

They should take mermaid out of DHS since its in MK now and do a Frozen experience in there. as far as SW weekend its 5 weekend vs the year and There is a definite difference in the guest draw of Star wars guest vs Frozen of course there is overlap but you know...

Matt_Black

They should take mermaid out of DHS since its in MK now and do a Frozen experience in there. as far as SW weekend its 5 weekend vs the year and There is a definite difference in the guest draw of Star wars guest vs Frozen of course there is overlap but you know...

Yes, but when they were no doubt planning the move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom, they were probably already taking into account the time frame. Remember, they moved to MK at Easter, about a month before Star Wars Weekends started.

Also, while the Animation Courtyard CAN probably handle the queue, the fact that it would be almost entirely outdoors while it's starting to get VERY warm down there is another consideration.

Yeah i get that and agree with what you are saying Matt_Black i just was thinking longer term eventually for an experience as the newest 'Animation'
and they could put the M&G down the street towards Toy Story..maybe?
Of course they also cannot afford to take Mermaid out as its one of the few 'kid' experiences in DHS they could not replace it fast enough, Nevermind!
But they still need the draw into DHS for that demographic and that would do it.

Matt_Black

Yeah i get that and agree with what you are saying Matt_Black i just was thinking longer term eventually for an experience as the newest 'Animation'
and they could put the M&G down the street towards Toy Story..maybe?
Of course they also cannot afford to take Mermaid out as its one of the few 'kid' experiences in DHS they could not replace it fast enough, Nevermind!
But they still need the draw into DHS for that demographic and that would do it.

Down by Toy Story? BAD IDEA. That little area is hard enough to get through as it is.

psherman42

My friend told me someone she works with was down here late last year. He didn't let his kids watch Frozen until they were back home because of the 5-6 hour lines.

FigmentsFangirl

My brother complained of one thing about Fairytale Hall where Anna and Elsa are at.... in his words exactly: "Where the heck is the ice palace ? ELSA MADE AN ICE PALACE DANGIT!" Of course he gave me the pictures he got and so I can do my picture reworking magics to make him happy..... I hope.

@Tiffany Hersman Go onto My Disney Experience, {reigster if you have yet to do so} and make fast pass selections; be warned, it took my brother up to a week into his vacation time to get a fast pass for himself to see the girls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom