February Show Schedule

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
My family is making our first trip to Disneyland in February and I'm panicking a little bit about the entertainment schedule. Right now I see no fireworks, no Fantasmic, and no proper nighttime parade at either park. The closest I see is Mickey's Soundsational Parade, which will run at 6pm (weird) some nights. Is this right?

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Side note, I absolutely despise how late Disneyland posts park hours, show schedules, dining reservations, etc. Sign me up for WDW's six+ month planning window any day of the week.

Ismael Flores

Mickey's Soundsational Parade is actually a fun parade and i think you will enjoy it. I believe that by the time you visit there should also be a new night time show that includes fireworks on the weekends from what has been said along with projections. During the weekdays the show supposedly will not include the fireworks.

Lets also hope that by then WOC is up and running, They have been working on the fountains for quite a while and even did testing. I would think that whatever forced them to not have the show for the Holidays should be fixed by February. If they did testing already the issue shouldn't be that bad, lets keep our fingers crossed you oy have plenty of nigh time entertainment for your first visit.

I agree that Disneyland resort should try and get their schedules up a bit earlier. It would definitely help planning for out of town guests.

TP2000

My family is making our first trip to Disneyland in February and I'm panicking a little bit about the entertainment schedule. Right now I see no fireworks, no Fantasmic, and no proper nighttime parade at either park. The closest I see is Mickey's Soundsational Parade, which will run at 6pm (weird) some nights. Is this right?

It's totally right. Especially for February.

Looking at the refurbishment calendar on Disneyland.com it shows that the Sailing Ship Columbia is closed in January and February. You can't do Fantasmic! without the Columbia, so Fantasmic! will also be closing for refurbishment, which usually happens in January/February and sometimes into March.

It also shows the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough is closed, which tells me the Castle will be tarped up for painting and repair. It's a Small World, Astro Orbiter, Grizzly River Run, etc. are also scheduled for refurbishment in February.

Refurbishments happen regularly in Anaheim and Tokyo. Tokyo generally has an even more aggressive refurbishment calendar than Anaheim. For a WDW regular, where refurbishments happen very rarely, it can be jarring. But you can't keep Disneyland sparkling by running the rides and shows into the ground year after year without refurbishments.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
It's totally right. Especially for February.

Looking at the refurbishment calendar on Disneyland.com it shows that the Sailing Ship Columbia is closed in January and February. You can't do Fantasmic! without the Columbia, so Fantasmic! will also be closing for refurbishment, which usually happens in January/February and sometimes into March.

It also shows the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough is closed, which tells me the Castle will be tarped up for painting and repair. It's a Small World, Astro Orbiter, Grizzly River Run, etc. are also scheduled for refurbishment in February.

Refurbishments happen regularly in Anaheim and Tokyo. Tokyo generally has an even more aggressive refurbishment calendar than Anaheim. For a WDW regular, where refurbishments happen very rarely, it can be jarring. But you can't keep Disneyland sparkling by running the rides and shows into the ground year after year without refurbishments.
I don't mind refurbishments, it's the concentration of refurbishments of the same type all at the same time. A full slate of "nighttime spectaculars" at Disneyland would be five different shows (two parades, fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color). I'm looking at potentially zero of five being open on a week long trip. That's extremely disappointing for a trip that will likely be once-in-a-lifetime.

It would be like a WDW vacation where Thunder Mountain, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Slinky Dog Dash, and Rock'n'Roller Coaster were all closed at the same time.

RescueTheDay

I don't mind refurbishments, it's the concentration of refurbishments of the same type all at the same time. A full slate of "nighttime spectaculars" at Disneyland would be five different shows (two parades, fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color). I'm looking at potentially zero of five being open on a week long trip. That's extremely disappointing for a trip that will likely be once-in-a-lifetime.

It would be like a WDW vacation where Thunder Mountain, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Slinky Dog Dash, and Rock'n'Roller Coaster were all closed at the same time.

DLR has 4, not 5, nighttime shows. You’ll most likely see the new Mickey’s Mix Magic, but that only contains fireworks on the weekends. As you said, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade will be running as well. Hopefully they can pull it together and have WOC up and running as well. Only thing you’ll truly be missing at that point is Fantasmic. Paint the Night currently has no return date planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom